Profile for Caroline Johnstone > Reviews

Caroline Johnstone

The Faerie Thorn and Other Stories
The Faerie Thorn and Other Stories
by Jane Talbot

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I couldn't put down ..yet didn't want to finish..., 3 Oct. 2015
I've loved faerie stories as long as I remember, and before that too. This book is a joy to read, with characters and descriptions that remain with you. I read it in one sitting as I simply couldn't put it down...but I know I will read it again and again.

It's storytelling at its best - the darkness of Grimm and the Irishness of Yeats with a sprinkling of Dahl and Pullman and Gaiman - yet it's all really Jane Talbot's unique storytelling voice ... What a treasure! Please tell me there's another book to follow...

Neo G MEDICAL GRADE ANKLE SUPPORT with free figure of 8 strap
Neo G MEDICAL GRADE ANKLE SUPPORT with free figure of 8 strap
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Easy to use and comfortable to wear, 22 Feb. 2015
Excellent product. Easy to use and comfortable to wear. Really helped stability of ankles. Have now bought a knee one as a gift for someone else

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
by Brené Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 15 Jan. 2011
I bought this book a few weeks ago, after watching a YouTube clip on Worthiness. I loved the thinking and her honesty. It deals with shame, guilt, perfectionism - all of which seems to run together, and all of which prevent us living our life to the full. I've recommended it to everyone I know and passed copies on, blogged about it at happinessvirus (wordpress) and on Facebook... It's one of those books that everyone should read...

Taking Flight: Inspiration and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings
Taking Flight: Inspiration and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings
by Kelly Rae Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Trying out my wings, 15 Jan. 2011
I've recently got back into creating cards and scrapbooks and this book is one of a few I bought. What's different about this one is the writing. That in itself inspired me to try different techniques as I read the stories about the pictures or processes. Would recommend this book for anyone interested in finding their creativity again..