Profile for Mikey2wires > Reviews

The Acid House [DVD]
The Acid House [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ewen Bremner

1.0 out of 5 stars What the hell!!!, 14 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Acid House [DVD] (DVD)
Really really really bad. Disturbing, unfunny and quite frankly unwatchable. Has to rate up there with one of the worst films I've ever seen... didn't even watch the end of it!

Back Extension Bench (45 Degree) Abs Abdominal Exercise Equipment Gym Fitness
Back Extension Bench (45 Degree) Abs Abdominal Exercise Equipment Gym Fitness

1.0 out of 5 stars shoddy workmanship and poor quality control, 7 Feb. 2015
It gives me great displeasure to have to write this review but this product is quite definitely the worst piece of junk I have ever bought. The welds are incomplete and barely touching in places. Parts are welded on crooked or not even flush. The tube sections are rusty inside. Holes have been left with sharp burrs on them. And to complete the full set of disappointments, there are some bolts missing so it cannot be fully erected. This is absolutely unacceptable and it seems to me that this particular unit is a previous customer return as some of the parts were already partially built up!
Please consider this review carefully and remember that it will cost you half as much again if you need to send it back which to be quite honest is highly likely judging from the rubbish that I received.

Konig FM Antenna
Konig FM Antenna
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time and money, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Konig FM Antenna (Accessory)
Can't understand all these positive reviews for this aerial. Mounted this in the loft through a professional UHF & VHF booster/splitter and the signal is no better than a £3 ribbon aerial! To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
-All that time and effort for nothing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2015 5:49 PM BST

Deep House Part 2 (2CD)
Deep House Part 2 (2CD)

2.0 out of 5 stars too slow to be house music, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Deep House Part 2 (2CD) (Audio CD)
Uninspiring, frustratingly slow tempo and too minimal to be real deep house-I mistakenly bought the whole series without listening to any and I'm really disappointed. Maybe ten years ago I would have said it was amazing but im obviously too long in the tooth and not into underground enough anymore to fully appreciate it.

Toolroom Goes Deeper 3
Toolroom Goes Deeper 3
Offered by Edealcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Class and Cheese!, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Toolroom Goes Deeper 3 (Audio CD)
Wasn't sure about this first time I listened to it but second or third time I came around. CD 1 somehow reminds me of '94/'95, back in the days of handbag, happy house and other emerging genres-these were good time in my youth!
CD 2 is a much more underground affair with familiar techy stuff blended into house. Track 4 makes me smile-talks about how house music is pretentiously subdivided into many other categories when it's all just house and here I am trying to explain them! ha ha! Some real stand out tracks on this disc and definitely my favourite, but they're both class in their own right.
-had to open my mind to fully appreciate it but couldn't stop dancin' in the end!

You Can Heal Your Life
You Can Heal Your Life
by Louise L. Hay

1.0 out of 5 stars utter bilge!, 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: You Can Heal Your Life (Paperback)
This is the biggest pile of bull I have ever wasted my time reading! To say that all disease is a manifestation of your own thoughts is ridiculous. Seriously dont waste your time or money on this garbage.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 9:28 PM GMT

Back to Basics Cut the Crap
Back to Basics Cut the Crap

5.0 out of 5 stars Genre defining house music, 16 Feb. 2013
This is one of the best cd's I've ever bought. It still sounds great now, despite the advances in production techniques and DAW's. It really lives up to it's name, at a time when there was lots of cheesy handbag type music, this really cut through the bull as it were! I've been to back2basics on many an occasion and this set really reminds me of just how true they have remained. Ok times have changed and so has styles to a point but tribal is where it's at and will remain in my book.

FL Studio 10 Signature Bundle Edition
FL Studio 10 Signature Bundle Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great, 16 Feb. 2013
I've played around with fruity loops on and off since version 3.56 and they're really onto a winner with their free lifetime updates but still I can't quite bring myself to give them 5 stars-my reason is this: despite all the hype surrounding which DAW has the best sound quality and even despite ImageLines' own rebuff of such a subjective matter, the proof is in the listening. I personally believe there is inaccuracies in their summing bus which produces a poorer sound quality overall compared to other DAW's. Obviously I have no definitive proof other than my own experiences but I'm still not convinced that all DAW's are made equally. I'd really like ImageLine to quantify exactly how these calculations are made and explain why raw audio sounds better played through pro tools(or cubase etc).

Cielo
Cielo
Offered by Music-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Real house music, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Cielo (Audio CD)
I don't want to expand too much on what out American friends have already said other than this is real house music. It's very much like the Cafe Del Mar Chillhouse mix compilations which are some of my all-time favourites. Not all of the Cielo cd comp's are great but this one certainly is and if your into proper, classy house music then this is a must buy.

I Love Techno 2012
I Love Techno 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Lame!!, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: I Love Techno 2012 (Audio CD)
I'm pretty much in agreement with the first reviewer. I wanted to like it but just didn't. Not on a par with dave clarke or even steve aoki despite the crap ending. Wish I'd bought something else as this one is sin-binned!!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3