Profile for The Big Kahuna > Reviews

Content by The Big Kahuna

The Big Kahuna

Page: 1 | 2
Colour Direct Compatible Toner Cartridge Replacement For Kyocera TK140 - FS-1100 4000 pages
Offered by Colour Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 15 Jun. 2014
With this cartridge, I found I was able to set the tone at any function I attended. At a recent gathering of the Hayward's Heath Comedian's Society, my purchase enabled me to reorder a conversational canvass of ribald motley to one which resembled the weeds of a Victorian Widow. Thanks for that!!

Pip, pip!

The Magic Mountain
The Magic Mountain
by Thomas Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Magic Mountain (Paperback)
Needs to be read alongside the works of more pessimistic philosophers, perhaps Schopenhauer. I love the idea of illness as a choice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2014 3:06 AM BST

The Waiting Room
The Waiting Room
by F.G. Cottam

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea..., 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Waiting Room (Paperback)
...but not nearly as horrific as it could be. Too much research and rock stars, not enough end of the world.

The Silence of Animals: On Progress and Other Modern Myths
The Silence of Animals: On Progress and Other Modern Myths
by John Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Worship at the Stones of your Fathers, 17 April 2014
A very interesting book with much to say about our relationship to the natural world. Afterward, read, 'Conspiracy Against the Human Race' by Thomas Ligotti for the more extreme argument.

Plain Red Flag 5'x3'
Plain Red Flag 5'x3'
Offered by PerfectDarts

5.0 out of 5 stars A Red Flag, 4 Nov. 2013
I ordered a Red Flag and true to their word my supplier supplied me with the above mentioned chromatic device. I have flown my flag from my small garden pole, much to the chagrin of my neighbours I might add.

Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison (Penguin Social Sciences)
Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison (Penguin Social Sciences)
by Michel Foucault

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa!, 25 April 2013
Thanks to Mr Focault I am now able to both discipline and punish any body who so comes with in a mile of me. With plenty of illustrative case studies and accessible analysis I have been able to rig up a servicable panopticon in my shed. I can now observe and organise with the minimum of fuss my neighbours use of their own gardens. It all works because they have come to accept my all seeing eye.

Wasted: Counting the Costs of Global Consumption
Wasted: Counting the Costs of Global Consumption
by Michael Redclift

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 15 Jan. 2013
I met the author in the short loan collection in the Templeman Library at UKC years ago. He pointed at the edition of 'Sustainable Development' which he had written and said 'That's my book!' I believed that he was about to apprehend me and ran off! I should've held my ground and asked him questions about his conceptualisations.

Cardinal priest costume for men - L
Cardinal priest costume for men - L

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitching!, 3 Feb. 2012
Not only have I been a hit at parties, I now have my own appartments at the Vatican and a seat on the Papal Curia. Rad!

NEW MENS MODERN GUY CUT GREY WIG FANCY DRESS COSTUME
NEW MENS MODERN GUY CUT GREY WIG FANCY DRESS COSTUME

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary!, 3 Feb. 2012
As a 90 year old man, I found that the New Men's Modern Guy Cut Grey Wig took 40 years off me! I find I drive the ladies of the Home wild with my new Head Mounted Nylon Desire Machine.

Horticulture in Papua New Guinea: Case Studies from the Southern and Western Highlands. Ethnology Monographs, Number 18
by Paul, Stewart, Pamela J., Strathern, Andrew Sillitoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Stone Age time and motion, 3 Feb. 2012
A fascinating read regarding Sillitoe's comparison of energy/time expended in the use of stone tools against steel in the preparation and management of a Highland garden.

Page: 1 | 2