Profile for Sgt Pepper > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Weight Watchers 8991BU Precision Body Analyser Electronic Scale
Weight Watchers 8991BU Precision Body Analyser Electronic Scale
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good consistent and useful information, and currently at a budget price., 10 Mar 2014
This is the second set I've bought of these. The first set being in 2008 but having recently failed. I was very pleased with the information they provided first time round and it tallied fairly well with what I would expect "professionally" with a slight under-read on the Body mass side of things but good enough to be confident of the ball-park shape your body is in. I was disappointed when they failed and so decided to try the Ozeri ones advertised here on Amazon as the current reviews for the Weight Watcher's ones were quite mixed and underwhelming-However, the Ozeri readings were seriously adrift, giving very low and just plain ridiculous readings, to the degree that they just weren't worth keeping at all as they were so poor. So, I saw these, the Weight Watchers ones on offer at 19.99 and thought I'd just get another set, despite the 'weighty' amount of criticism I'd read here. I unpacked them and set them up which really is straight forward, if the instructions are followed, and was delighted to see some sensible readings again. They don't feel or look very high quality but they are sturdy enough and do work well for the money and prove a reliable and consistent source of weight and body information. From my experience I'd recommend them, especially at the current price.

Invictus [DVD] [2010]
Invictus [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome film about awesome people in an awesome time., 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Invictus [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
One of my favourite films about injustice, forgiveness, reconciliation and rugby! (I guess they're can't be many ;-) ) Morgan Freeman & Matt Damon soon blended into their roles and did a very convincing job. It is an amazing story told and directed very well. Thoroughly recommend.

Smart Lunar 2X1/2 Watt Rear - Red/Black, (2xAAA batt.inc.)
Smart Lunar 2X1/2 Watt Rear - Red/Black, (2xAAA batt.inc.)
Price: 12.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Very very bright with a reasonable choice of constant or flashing modes., 18 Feb 2014
Pleased with this light. The unit is Very Very bright and well made. Reasonable choice of constant or flashing modes. Whilst the mount is ok, it is like so many of the current market "trend" a bit on the flimsy side, hence the 4 stars.

Raleigh ART310 Nylon Tyre Levers - Black
Raleigh ART310 Nylon Tyre Levers - Black
Offered by bikes4life limited
Price: 2.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Surprised how good they were., 18 Feb 2014
My brand new bike received a puncture on one of its first outings but these tyre levers were great. Really tough and easy to use, No danger of damaging the inner tube and the tyre slipped smoothly off and back on again the rims without any fuss. They beat those cheap and poorly manufactured alloy ones hands down.

Ozeri Touch 200 KG / 440 LBS Digital Bathroom Scale -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition Technology for 8 Personal Profiles
Offered by Ozeri UK
Price: 69.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Weight measurement was as expected but body indicators were not accurate or even close enough to be acceptable., 18 Feb 2014
The sales and delivery process from Ozeri were excellent-Could not fault. The product itself though fell very short of my expectations with readings of fat, bone mass & even water being at considerable variance to my previous scales and benchmarks established for calculating fat etc by the military, hence rendering the secondary & significant purpose of these scales as unusable. e.g. Bone mass of 2kg for 100kg 6'1" man. Had reasonable expectations of them but too expensive to keep as solely scales so disappointedly returned.

Simoniz Tough Paint 500ml - Black Satin
Simoniz Tough Paint 500ml - Black Satin
Offered by EuroCarParts
Price: 6.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but chips and marks easily. Not tough enough!!, 22 Aug 2013
I bought this and the gloss version on the back of reviews I'd read here and elsewhere but my experience of 3 or 4 cans has not been good. I followed the instructions but it remained fairly soft for quite a while after spraying(even in the temperatures we've had recently!) and even then was subject to marking and easy chipping if I accidentally knocked it against anything. As the painted parts are going on to a motorcycle and will going to be exposed to the elements I eventually lacquered over it (against Simoniz advice) with Wurth lacquer on all parts on the exterior of the bike. i.e. rear brake pedal etc. The Wurth lacquer has rescued my project as it produced a very hard and beautiful finish. Wurth's gloss is amazing and well worth any extra money you pay for it. Very disappointed with Simoniz and now see it the context of providing the colour I want underneath the Wurth lacquer so's to make the best use of the money I spent.

Bona Spray Mop with Wood Floor Cleaner Cartridge
Bona Spray Mop with Wood Floor Cleaner Cartridge
Offered by Kitchener Flooring LTD
Price: 35.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet enough to clean, dries quickly enough to minimise & practically eliminate risk of laminate damage, 8 Mar 2013
I wanted to keep the the laminate floor in the hallway of my rented flat clean but was always dismayed at the faff of water, along with the risk of damaging the laminate due to water seeping between joining sections. I looked at steam mops but all the flooring experts I read about warned against them, and a Graduate of Engineering, I shared their concern. The Bona system is perfect with the fine localised mist it sprays and then quickly applied to clean the floor. Their really is minimal liquid....far less than any water method I can think of. The floor cleans up really well and really quickly, and it dries super quickly. Mine dried in less than 5 minutes. The whole thing is built really well from high quality plastics and satisfyingly clicks together from the box in a few minutes. If you're fed up with a dirty floor and are fed up with the faff and risk of water, then I would highly recommend this system. It really is that good.

Faith Like Potatoes [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Faith Like Potatoes [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Frank Rautenbach
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 5.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the Title put you off ! This is an excellent quality film telling an extraordinary story of Christian Faith in Action., 9 Feb 2011
Don't let the title deter you from viewing this. It is an amazing true story of a Zambian farmer who has to move to South Africa due to political problems. It is an incredible journey of a man with no faith to a man who has been and is still mightily used by God. The acting and film making is first class, really first class and way above the quality of some Christian films I've seen. If you need some encouragement (which will be all of us !) , then take a look at this. I watched it for the second time last week and was as excited and moved by it as I was the first time. Whilst not an accurate comparison it gives something of a spiritual lift as such films as Braveheart but with a Christian story and message.

Philips HS803/04 NIVEA for Men CoolSkin Shaving Conditioner Balm with Replacement Cartridge - 3-Pack
Offered by Shavers UK
Price: 35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Produces a smooth masculine face., 9 Feb 2011
I'm a bit anti many of the new facial products for men as I was brought up in the Post World War II era where 'men were men' which, for those of you over 45 now in 2011, meant that anything resembling anything that could be found in a womans handbag or bathroom cabinet was not for us.....HOWEVER ! I really do like this conditioning balm as it enables excellent quick shaving results and a smooth not overly moisturized face when complete. In short I think it is an excellent product. My only complaint is that I find I have to use far more than recommended amount per shave to get the benefits I've described and hence go through a container roughly every month, not the 3 months advertised by Philips.

Wedding Photography: The Complete Guide
Wedding Photography: The Complete Guide
by Mark Cleghorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Just about ok if you have little experience, 26 Dec 2010
I've shot 3 Weddings over quite a long period and hoped this book would help prepare me for the forthcoming Wedding of a friend. I bought the book largely based on others reviews but I found the contents uninspiring and have taken pictures at least of a similar quality and in some cases better. I returned it in the end for a refund. If you have reasonable photographic ability I would advise you to steer clear of this publication and encourage you to look elsewhere. I would like to leave a better review but I also wanted to leave an honest one.

Page: 1 | 2