Profile for Keith > Reviews

Content by Keith

Keith

Flylinktech® replacement LCD screen For iPhone 5C LCD Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Assembly White
Offered by Efine

5.0 out of 5 stars Quicker and cheaper than taking it to a shop, 9 Aug. 2014
Items turned up 1 day later than advised but this is more likely due to the Royal Mail then Amazon. Item was well packaged and came with the tools required for the replacement (just add Superglue and a hair dryer). Followed the instructions on a YouTube video and replacement took just over an hour. Result = one happy teenager and one proud step dad.

Jabra Sport Bluetooth Stereo Headset For Apple Devices - 100-96600001-61
Jabra Sport Bluetooth Stereo Headset For Apple Devices - 100-96600001-61
Offered by total digital stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Sees me through many a gym session, 7 Mar. 2013
I brought this headset to use down the gym as I have had a few near misses with my phone when the lead on my previous headphones got caught on something or I plain forgot it was there.

I use these headphones with a Samsung S3. I have not used the call option or the FM radio (the gym is in a basement so I don't get mobile or FM reception) so cannot comment on those. The bluetooth reception is good enough to be able to leave the phone in one spot and move between machines within a few metres.

The earpieces are a good fit and stay in place throughout my session on the treadmill. I was worried that they looked bulky in the pictures but find that once they're on I hardly notice them. The headset comes with alternative ear buds but I have found the default ones the most comfortable as I have a tragus piercing. The sound quality is perfectly fine for my needs and reaches a decent volume (the volume control on the headset seems to give a slight boost once your phone has hit it's limit).

A fully changed battery lasts about 2 hours. As I'm usually in the gym for an hour at a time this is fine and I usually pop it on charge when I get back so it's ready for the next time.

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and would recommend them.

Driving Test Success All Tests Ultimate 2011 Edition - DVD ROM (PC)
Driving Test Success All Tests Ultimate 2011 Edition - DVD ROM (PC)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Revision Tool, 9 Aug. 2011
I brought this to help me revise for my motorcycle theory test that you're required to pass before taking the Direct Access course. Although I've been driving for around 20 years I've not kept up-to-date with the Highway Code and there are plenty of additions in there and a lot else I've forgotten or never knew in the first place!

I used the software to sit mock tests and revise road signs. When creating a user account you can say what test you're aiming for so the questions are relevant. I used the software on my laptop at home and at my girlfriends house.

The way the questions are presented is as close to the real thing as you're likely to get and the same goes for the Hazard Perception tests.

My early scores were pretty embarrassing but after a few tests soon improved to passes every time. There's an option to sit the Hazard Perception tests on their own and review them afterwards so you can how they are scored. This gave me great confidence on what to look for and when to click (something I heard a few people asking the exam staff).

Although there's a lot of stuff included in the pack that is only for car drivers I readily recommend this to anyone looking to brush-up their knowledge and practice taking their theory test, motorcycle or car.

Sat my test today and passed with flying colours :)

The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda : Book One)
The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda : Book One)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed after all the high rated reviews, 22 Jun. 2011
I brought this due to the number of good reviews (and it being cheap also helped). Unfortunately Gewitty's review wasn't up at the time otherwise I would have thought twice.

The book definitely seems to be aimed at teenagers and I found it a real struggle to maintain any interest. One to avoid if you're prefer your sci-fi more mature.