Profile for Mrs. Rm Ashby > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Rm Ashby

Mrs. Rm Ashby

Swordfish 40259 Single Hole Wedge Pencil Sharpeners for 8mm Pencils (Box of 50)
Swordfish 40259 Single Hole Wedge Pencil Sharpeners for 8mm Pencils (Box of 50)
Price: 6.92

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC product, 2 Mar 2013
What a great product! The children in my classroom are in love with this simple product. I say simple, but in its simplicity it is a fantastic sharpener. I would highly recommend it. We often have sharpeners in our classroom that breaks or the lead gets 'stuck' and no longer useful. I will order these again!

She's Out Of My League [DVD]
She's Out Of My League [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jay Baruchel
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want a good laugh., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: She's Out Of My League [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great film to watch on a Friday night (when the kids are in bed). We loved it and laughed many times. Give it a go!

Roman Activity Book (Crafty History)
Roman Activity Book (Crafty History)
by Sue Weatherill
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book for Children, 2 Mar 2013
I liked some of the activities in the book, however, if I had a chance to pick it up and browse through it, I wouldn't have bought it for my classroom resource. Most activities can be found on the internet for free. However, for a parent this would be ideal for them to use at home to learn about Romans and create a few cut and paste activities.

Horrible Histories: Rotten Romans [DVD]
Horrible Histories: Rotten Romans [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Deary

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 Mar 2013
As usual the horrible histories are fantastic. However, I found this one to be less okay than some of the others. Still its a great one to show to the children (after they have learned some facts about the Romans) or otherwise, they probably wouldn't understand many of the details in the film.

Roman Mysteries - The Complete Series One [2007] [DVD]
Roman Mysteries - The Complete Series One [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Callow
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Key Stage 2 Year 4, 2 Mar 2013
At first, I thought the Roman Mysteries were going to be to layered and complicated for my year 4's. However, I was so wrong. They are enjoying each episode so much, that they beg to watch it everyday. Inspired to write, children are investigating the feelings and actions of Flavia and her friends. I highly recommend this series; especially for older students or higher ability younger students.

The Giggly Guide to Grammar
The Giggly Guide to Grammar
by Cathy Campbell
Price: 11.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 1 Dec 2012
I really enjoy this funny way to learn about grammar. The book is very thorough and the funny sentences will keep my students and myself entertained for years. THANKS. Please order if you want to teach or to learn grammar and still have a good laugh.

Candy Cane Red and White Gift Box - 12 pack (single box)
Candy Cane Red and White Gift Box - 12 pack (single box)
Offered by shop4allsorts
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 1 Dec 2012
The candy canes were delivered quickly, however, there was not a mention in the description of the flavour of the canes. You would expect red and white canes to be flavoured with peppermint. Do not ORDER if you want peppermint traditional (in USA) candy canes. I am very disappointed in this product and will not order again. The flavour is a bland artificial vanilla and bares no resemblance to the traditional candy canes.

More Mental Maths Tests for Ages 7-8: Timed Mental Maths Practice for Year 3
More Mental Maths Tests for Ages 7-8: Timed Mental Maths Practice for Year 3
by Andrew Brodie
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Higher levels with mental maths, 11 Nov 2011
I have used both mental maths and more mental maths for years and they have proven to help increase the mental maths scores on the END OF THE YEAR test. I just wish he would have an EVEN more series :-) Thanks Andrew!! I enjoy using all of your books.

Flip F260B-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder - Black (60 mins)
Flip F260B-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder - Black (60 mins)

5.0 out of 5 stars Teachers Pet, 16 Nov 2008
This product is fantastic. I live in the UK and I bought one in America to use in the classroom. It is simple, fast and easy. Children ages 7, 8, and 9 can use it without any complications and load it up and view in in a flash. Great for using during drama/roleplay situations. Children get instant feedback and they often want to improve their productions every single time. A great bargain at this price and quality is really good.