Profile for J. Cowle > Reviews

Sunlover Sea View Roller Blind 120cm
Sunlover Sea View Roller Blind 120cm
Offered by Linens Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 8 Oct 2013
I ordered this from Amazon but it arrived mangled by the carriers (you know the ones) so I returned it and bought one locally, slightly more expensive but not damaged! It is easy to fit and and looks good. It doesn't cut out any light and I would not use it if privacy is a problem when you have a light on (not a problem where I have the blind but beware)

Peora 2.00 Carats Ruby Trillion Cut V Prong Stud Earrings in Sterling Silver Rhodium Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely earings., 25 Jun 2013
These are really pretty earings, I bought them as a present but am tempted to get myself a pair as well. They are good quality and were well presented.

Duralex Picardie Tumblers 4.6oz / 130ml - Pack of 6 | 13cl Glasses, Toughened Glasses, Tempered Glasses
Offered by MightyHousewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute retro glasses, 25 Jun 2013
I bought these because they were like the ones we had at school, nostalgia perhaps but I wanted some tough glasses as I am death to crockery. They are perfect for breakfast juice and I will get some larger ones to match.

Electronic Water Timer
Electronic Water Timer
Offered by Vinsani

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
I had a more expensive timer from Thompson and Morgan which worked for 2 weeks before packing in, it was complicated to set up and was a waste of money. This in contrast was simplicity itself to set up and was working when I checked this morning, obviously it is early days but if it continues working I wil buy a second one and extend my watering system

uPVC Door Handles Set Lever/Lever White 92pz - 122mm Screw to Screw
uPVC Door Handles Set Lever/Lever White 92pz - 122mm Screw to Screw
Offered by Home Secure

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service., 7 May 2013
Came quickly, well packaged, was great value and a doddle to fit. I reused the original spindle and screws to save having to cut down the ones enclosed, took less than 5 mins.

Wenko 17775100 Towel stand Style
Wenko 17775100 Towel stand Style

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design., 25 April 2013
The idea is neat and would be great if it wasn't let down by the components. The right angle joints are plastic and snapped when trying to fit the metal rails into them (the first three went ok but the last snapped). I would suggest that replacing these with metal joints would only add pennies to the price but would improve the quality no end, if it breaks during assembly what hope of it lasting in everyday use?

Kenwood kMix SJM043 Boutique Kettle - Bright Blue
Kenwood kMix SJM043 Boutique Kettle - Bright Blue
Offered by Buy on Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish design., 25 April 2013
This kettle is a lovely, sleek piece of design. It appears well made and is very easy to fill, either via the spout or the lid. The lid mechanism is positive (beats my last Russell Hobbs' kettle hands down, lid didn't open fully or at all latterly). It pours beautifully with a fairly narrow flow, so no slops! It is a very pretty colour but not bright blue, slightly more turquoise than I was expecting but jolly anyway. The only slight niggle is that the water level indicator is difficult to see when you are filling the kettle because your hand is in the way but it would be hard to put it anywhere else without spoiling the overall appearance.

Nie Wieder Bohren Hu235 10 x 8 x 15.5cm Hukk Toilet Roll Holder with "Never Drill Again" Fastening Technology - Chrome Plated

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K. ish, 8 April 2013
The build quality is good and the fixing a doddle (to tiles) however the actual piece that holds the loo roll has no method of securing it in place. There is a small plastic sleeve that fits over the rod and this slides into the wall attachment and slides out again if you use the loo roll. I experimented and found that a small piece of electrical tape wrapped around about half the circumferance of the plastic sleeve and then pushed into position would hold the rod piece in place and still allow some movement. Why is there no grub screw to allow you to fix the thing together, there is a groove in the rod as if this was in the original plan?
Some months later, my adaptation has worked and the holder hasn't come apart once, overall I am pleased with it but I shouldn't have had to adapt a brand new item!

FOR APPLE IPAD 2 STYLISH PINK CRYSTAL DIAMOND BLING LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER POUCH
Offered by Style Your Mobile Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Bling cover, 8 April 2013
My daughter loves this and it has been much admired by her friends, v. girly but well made and does the job, also v. good value for money.

Car + Home Stereo Auxiliary AUX-IN Input Lead / Cable 3.5mm for iPods, iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphones, mp3 players and tablets (1.2m)
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable at a reasonable price., 10 Feb 2013
I bought this cable to connect an ipad to my car's system. It does what it says on the box, it is robust, long enough and works well. I am certainly happy with my purchase and would recommend it to any one. The service from the company was fast and efficient.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3