Profile for J. Cowle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Wenko 17775100 Towel stand Style
Wenko 17775100 Towel stand Style

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design., 25 April 2013
The idea is neat and would be great if it wasn't let down by the components. The right angle joints are plastic and snapped when trying to fit the metal rails into them (the first three went ok but the last snapped). I would suggest that replacing these with metal joints would only add pennies to the price but would improve the quality no end, if it breaks during assembly what hope of it lasting in everyday use?

Kenwood kMix SJM043 Boutique Kettle - Bright Blue
Kenwood kMix SJM043 Boutique Kettle - Bright Blue
Offered by E.U. Xtores

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish design., 25 April 2013
This kettle is a lovely, sleek piece of design. It appears well made and is very easy to fill, either via the spout or the lid. The lid mechanism is positive (beats my last Russell Hobbs' kettle hands down, lid didn't open fully or at all latterly). It pours beautifully with a fairly narrow flow, so no slops! It is a very pretty colour but not bright blue, slightly more turquoise than I was expecting but jolly anyway. The only slight niggle is that the water level indicator is difficult to see when you are filling the kettle because your hand is in the way but it would be hard to put it anywhere else without spoiling the overall appearance.

Nie Wieder Bohren Hu235 10 x 8 x 15.5cm Hukk Toilet Roll Holder with "Never Drill Again" Fastening Technology - Chrome Plated

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K. ish, 8 April 2013
The build quality is good and the fixing a doddle (to tiles) however the actual piece that holds the loo roll has no method of securing it in place. There is a small plastic sleeve that fits over the rod and this slides into the wall attachment and slides out again if you use the loo roll. I experimented and found that a small piece of electrical tape wrapped around about half the circumferance of the plastic sleeve and then pushed into position would hold the rod piece in place and still allow some movement. Why is there no grub screw to allow you to fix the thing together, there is a groove in the rod as if this was in the original plan?
Some months later, my adaptation has worked and the holder hasn't come apart once, overall I am pleased with it but I shouldn't have had to adapt a brand new item!

FOR APPLE IPAD 2 STYLISH PINK CRYSTAL DIAMOND BLING LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER POUCH
Offered by Style Your Mobile Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Bling cover, 8 April 2013
My daughter loves this and it has been much admired by her friends, v. girly but well made and does the job, also v. good value for money.

Car + Home Stereo Auxiliary AUX-IN Input Lead / Cable 3.5mm for iPods, iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphones and mp3 players (1.2m)
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable at a reasonable price., 10 Feb 2013
I bought this cable to connect an ipad to my car's system. It does what it says on the box, it is robust, long enough and works well. I am certainly happy with my purchase and would recommend it to any one. The service from the company was fast and efficient.

Citizen Eco-Drive Women's Quartz Watch with Mother of Pearl Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet EM0110-51D

2.0 out of 5 stars OK if you are a weight lifter!, 4 Dec 2012
I returned this watch as it is huge and very heavy, it is like a man's watch that has been decorated with diamantes!

Lloytron L855BH Studio Poise Halogen Hobby/Desk Lamp, Black Chrome
Lloytron L855BH Studio Poise Halogen Hobby/Desk Lamp, Black Chrome

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, the wiring is lethal!!!, 10 Nov 2012
I was pleased with these lamps at first, they appeared robust and well designed, however this morning I noticed bits of shiney black plastic by my bedside table, on further investigation I found that the switch had completely shattered exposing live wires it was just luck that had prevented me putting my hand on these wires. I switched off at the mains and moved the lamp during which the switch disintegrated further. This lamp is well under a year old and is used as a bedside light, nothing more has happened to it than being switched on and off. Theses lamps are a lethal hazard and should be withdrawn from sale. I am going to send an e.mail with photos direct to Amazon.
P.S I had to give it 1 star to get this published, a pity there aren't negative stars!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2013 6:26 PM BST

Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 10.1 inch Tablet PC (nVidia Tegra2 1GHz, 1Gb, 16Gb eMMC, WLAN, BT 3.0, Android 3.0)

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't get BBC iplayer any more, 25 Sep 2012
I have been really happy with my transformer until recently, when the BBC iplayer stopped working. I have tried repeatedly to download the new BBC media player and it says that it is not available! What is so annoying is that my daughter's ipad works beautifully still, I am considering changing sides and joining Apple!!
May 2013. I gave in and bought an ipad mini. I still use the transformer for e.mails but I wish that I hadn't wasted my money on the Asus, less than a year of usefull service not good.

Page: 1 | 2