Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer "hogso"

Sony PlayStation TV
Sony PlayStation TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 17 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation TV (Accessory)
I purchased this device mainly to play ps vita games, as I did not ever buy the vita console. In those regards, sitting next to my ps4, and playing vita games on the big screen, I have to say I am delighted with the console. It plays vita games perfectly, using the vita card slot, and although there has been some disappointment that some games won't work (uncharted, wipeout), the games I wanted to play (persona 4 golden, danganronpa, virtues last reward) all do.
I have also streamed ps4 to another tv, using powerline adapters and ethernet cables, from my living room to my bedroom. This isn't a great distance, and despite some jitters, games are perfectly playable.

Overall it was exactly what I was expecting, and baring that in mind I am very happy with it. There is also potential here, what with playstation now on the horizon. The size of the console is also a big plus - it is a tiny thing, you can quite easily perch it on top of a tv on the wall, as I did when I tried it out in my bedroom.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Unofficial Guide
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Unofficial Guide
by Cocoro Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice look on the secrets of Eva, 27 Aug. 2004
This unofficial guide takes you into the very heart of the Eva phenomenon - the secrets surrounded the series, and the answers to many of the questions that surround the series. I found myself with my own view of what the ending of Eva meant - and the imagery surrounding it. This guide takes you through many of the aspects of the series that were not fully explained in the series, such as the mystery behind the eva series, gendos and SEELE's true intentions, through to Pen Pen and Jet Alone. After reading this guide, I felt I had a much better understanding of the series, particurly the ending, which is somewhat of a relief.

Legaia 2: Duel Saga (Prima's Official Strategy Guides)
Legaia 2: Duel Saga (Prima's Official Strategy Guides)
by Jason Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Legaia 2: the strategy guide, 28 July 2003
This guide is essential if you want to get every single ounce of game play out of this amazing game. A complete walkthrough, detailed maps of all locations, boss stratergies, and all the little secret bits you did not know about before are all included, making it a must buy for all Legaia 2 die hard fans.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Collection 0.4, Episodes 12-14 [1997] [DVD]
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Collection 0.4, Episodes 12-14 [1997] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Megumi Ogata
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Evangelion volume 4, 25 July 2003
The fourth volume of this epic anime is another that wont disapoint. This time round we see a battle with a huge aerial angel that all three evas much catch, we find out why Shinji really is an eva pilot, and much more besides. The plot really starts to take shape here, with the lance of longinus being introduced late on as well. If you have seen, or own the previous installments, then this is an absoulote must!!!

Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Legaia 2: Duel Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars Legaia 2: Dual saga, 25 July 2003
This review is from: Legaia 2: Duel Saga (Video Game)
Legaia 2 is one of the most outstanding RPGs available in Europe. It was hugely over looked on release, and received bad reviews from lots of games mags, putting people off. However, after buying the game and playing all the way through, I can safely say it is up there with Final Fantasy X as far as PS2 RPGs go. The storyline isnt its strongest point (you know, the classic save the world plot), but the battling system is very good. It reminded me of the Xenogears system, sort of a combo using the directional buttons. Special combos can be learnt, and kept for future use. At the end of the game, I was getting combos of combos totalling to around 250,000 damage per character! My favourite aspect would have to be the sheer depth of this game, however. The hunters guild is a great source of fun late on the game. You are given certain tasks to do (these can include things such as defeat a certain monster, find a missing person, or even as simple as going somewhere and buying some cakes for someone!) and paid large amounts of money on completion. There is also the isle of Phorchoon, where you can take part in games of Roulette, or have a go on a slot machine. There is also an auction house here, and a battle arena (familiar to all FF fans) which continues to be a challenge even at the very end of the game. I havent even mentioned cooking meals in camp from ingredients you find around the world, the furniture collection for your bedroom, the hunt for all of the Heavens Secrets (which allow you to combine the ultimate armor, weapons,etc.), and much more besides. Basically, this is a fantasic RPG, which is challenging all the way through, very deep and long, and above all, fun.

Neon Genesis Evangelion Book 2 (Special Edition)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Book 2 (Special Edition)
by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto

5.0 out of 5 stars Evangelion Volume 2: Special Edition, 17 Jun. 2003
I can only say Wow! After really enjoying the anime series, I have now begun my collection of the manga novels. They are fantastic, and give a realk indepth insight into the world of Eva. More of Shinji, Rai, Asuka, and the rest at there very best, and they ar epacked with extra dialogue, scenes, and everthing else the die-hard Eva fan could possibly want!!