Profile for Grandmasue > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Whittard of Chelsea Chilli Hot Chocolate
Whittard of Chelsea Chilli Hot Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 April 2015
I bought this for my daughter and she loves it!

Trail of Broken Wings
Trail of Broken Wings

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking, 19 April 2015
A thought-provoking tale of a family waiting for the death of its patriarch. It tells the story from the point of view of his wife, and each of his 3 daughters, and the impact of the domestic violence on each of them. It is not as depressing as it might sound, and in the end I felt optimistic for their futures.

Olay Regenerist Moisturiser CC Cream - Lightest Skin Tone
Olay Regenerist Moisturiser CC Cream - Lightest Skin Tone

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 13 Mar. 2015
This goes on really smoothly and evens out my skintone.

A Batch Made in Heaven
A Batch Made in Heaven

4.0 out of 5 stars A great story (with recipes!), 31 Jan. 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It tells the story of Becca, a successful modern-day matchmaker. She goes to great lengths to set up the perfect date with the perfect match for her clients. There are many twists and turns to this tale, set mostly in London. The setting is believable and I kept reading because I wanted to know what happened next.
I would thoroughly recommend this book to readers. I have to confess that I have enjoyed everything written by Kate Harrison, from her 5:2 Diet books to the Secret Shopper series. I think readers will be drawn to the various characters in this book,and really care about what happens to them.
It's a cold weekend out there, so download this lovely warm tale, curl up on the sofa and prepare to have your cockles warmed! Then, when you've finished, you can start baking the flowerpot loaves that are featured.

Prym Sew and Knit Gauge cm/ inch
Prym Sew and Knit Gauge cm/ inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic device!, 5 Sept. 2014
This is wonderful! How did I never know about this! It is so simple, but allows you to take up a hem and easily check its depth is even all along. It's a very useful piece of equipment.
It arrived very quickly.

The Flyer (The Pitsford Series Book 1)
The Flyer (The Pitsford Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling., 28 Jun. 2014
I loved this book and couldn't put it down. It tells the story of a young man from a poor background who is sent to a minor public school by his grandfather. He does not fit in, but does take advantage of the education. He then starts to be interested in engines and opens a garage servicing the very early motor cars. This leads him to meeting other young people who accept him into their glittering pre-WW1 lives. There are many twists and turns in his loves and friendships going into the war, and quite harrowing descriptions of life as a young officer in the Flying Corps. I would not spoil the story by describing them, but it kept me reading late into the night to see what would happen next. I'm intrigued to see that this is described as Book 1, and can't wait to find Book 2!
This book has it all: romance, intrigue and engines! Very topical as we commemorate the start of the First World War, I would thoroughly recommend this book.

Motorola Moto G - Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Polishing Cloth (Dark Purple)
Offered by GB Online Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 31 May 2014
This case fits the phone perfectly and does not obscure the camera. It looks a bit cheap, but for the price it's great value. So, you get what you pay for!

Public Battles, Private Wars
Public Battles, Private Wars

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivetting read., 26 May 2014
Set against the backdrop of the miners' strike, this book charts the changing fortune of a young housewife who discovers her own self worth. Her old school friend returns to the village as a teacher, but it is Mandy whose growth is the centre of the story. Her marriage fails but that is not the main story. I felt a real empathy for Mandy, willing her to succeed, but hoping she wouldn't settle for the easy romantic story. I really enjoyed this book.

The Memory Book
The Memory Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting read., 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Memory Book (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. Although it is about the main character's slide into early-onset dementia, it is actually really funny in places. It is essentially a love story, and intertwines the stories of three generations of the family. The dementia part of the story rings true, with the main character zoning in and out of the present.
I don't want to spoil any of the plot twists, but all I would say is that the relationships between the main character, her partner, her mother and her daughters are what gives the story its interest. The story is told from the point of view of each of the 3 main characters in different chapters, shedding light on what is happening in each of their lives. It allows you to feel positive about the future for each of them, although it leaves us before the end. The characters are living on in my imagination.
My own father died from dementia, so I'm under no illusions about how hard life can be for everyone affected. That said, I still believed in this story completely.
Read it and see for yourself!

The Ultimate 5:2 Diet Recipe Book: Easy, Calorie Counted Fast Day Meals You'll Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for anyone following 5:2., 18 Aug. 2013
This book helps all those of us who have adopted the 5:2 way of life. At first I just ate calorie-counted ready meals to make sure I didn't go over my allowance. Quite soon that gets very boring, and that's when this could become "just another boring diet." Kate Harrison has made sure we can enjoy food while sticking to our 500 a day. Read this in conjunction with her book on the 5:2 diet and your life could be transformed. Thanks Kate, I think you may have changed my whole relationship with food!

Page: 1 | 2