Profile for Grandmasue > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Trespass Neroli Ruck Sack
Trespass Neroli Ruck Sack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value ruck sack., 2 May 2015
This review is from: Trespass Neroli Ruck Sack (Sports)
I bought this rucksack about 3 months ago and it does exactly what I need it to do!
This has enough pockets to keep all my work things organised, and seems strong and well-made.
I have recently had to give up driving for medical reasons, and the very worst thing is not having everything with me when I go out to meetings. You know, the bottle of water, a cardigan in case it turns colder, an umbrella "just in case", all the things that you just keep in your car so you're ready for any eventuality! Now they are all in my back pack!
I needed a bag that would accommodate a couple of A4 folders wihout creasing them, and other back packs were not quite big enough. This is just right. It's not very stylish (but I have a stylish leather bag that just doesn't have enough pockets!), but it does exactly what I need it for. I suppose I'm being unfair not giving it full marks because it isn't a tardis.
The straps are very comfortable so that I can walk to work carrying all my essentials and arrive without the straps digging in.
This is excellent value for money, and would be really useful for students, or for someone out on a day's walking.

A Very Good Life (Dana McGarry Novel Book 1)
A Very Good Life (Dana McGarry Novel Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars It left me wanting more!, 2 May 2015
This story of a young married couple living a comfortable life in 1970's New York follows the ups and downs of their private and professional lives. I suppose that as this is "Book 1", that's why I felt a bit cheated! The scene has been set, but there are lots of loose ends, and you finish the book without a satisfying conclusion.
There are lots of things about the story that are very familiar to me as someone who was a young wife in the 1970s, but sometimes I think you can tell that it is written with the view from today. That's not a bad thing, because otherwise it would only resonate with people of my age! It is a love story where the heroine changes from being a dutiful little wife in her home life and starts to find her self-confidence: surely something that will be an aspiration for women of any age! Dana McGarry never appears to be anything but self-confident in her working environment, but has always deferred to her husband's wishes at home. During the course of this story she is forced to see that he is not the man she thought he was. However, even though we don't know what will happen next, we can see that she will have a good life in spite of her changed circumstances.
A lovely bit of escapist fiction, and I will look out for Book 2!

Whittard of Chelsea Chilli Hot Chocolate
Whittard of Chelsea Chilli Hot Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 April 2015
I bought this for my daughter and she loves it!

Trail of Broken Wings
Trail of Broken Wings

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking, 19 April 2015
A thought-provoking tale of a family waiting for the death of its patriarch. It tells the story from the point of view of his wife, and each of his 3 daughters, and the impact of the domestic violence on each of them. It is not as depressing as it might sound, and in the end I felt optimistic for their futures.

Olay Regenerist Moisturiser CC Cream - Lightest Skin Tone
Olay Regenerist Moisturiser CC Cream - Lightest Skin Tone

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 13 Mar. 2015
This goes on really smoothly and evens out my skintone.

A Batch Made in Heaven
A Batch Made in Heaven

4.0 out of 5 stars A great story (with recipes!), 31 Jan. 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It tells the story of Becca, a successful modern-day matchmaker. She goes to great lengths to set up the perfect date with the perfect match for her clients. There are many twists and turns to this tale, set mostly in London. The setting is believable and I kept reading because I wanted to know what happened next.
I would thoroughly recommend this book to readers. I have to confess that I have enjoyed everything written by Kate Harrison, from her 5:2 Diet books to the Secret Shopper series. I think readers will be drawn to the various characters in this book,and really care about what happens to them.
It's a cold weekend out there, so download this lovely warm tale, curl up on the sofa and prepare to have your cockles warmed! Then, when you've finished, you can start baking the flowerpot loaves that are featured.

Prym Sew and Knit Gauge cm/ inch
Prym Sew and Knit Gauge cm/ inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic device!, 5 Sept. 2014
This is wonderful! How did I never know about this! It is so simple, but allows you to take up a hem and easily check its depth is even all along. It's a very useful piece of equipment.
It arrived very quickly.

The Flyer (The Pitsford Series Book 1)
The Flyer (The Pitsford Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling., 28 Jun. 2014
I loved this book and couldn't put it down. It tells the story of a young man from a poor background who is sent to a minor public school by his grandfather. He does not fit in, but does take advantage of the education. He then starts to be interested in engines and opens a garage servicing the very early motor cars. This leads him to meeting other young people who accept him into their glittering pre-WW1 lives. There are many twists and turns in his loves and friendships going into the war, and quite harrowing descriptions of life as a young officer in the Flying Corps. I would not spoil the story by describing them, but it kept me reading late into the night to see what would happen next. I'm intrigued to see that this is described as Book 1, and can't wait to find Book 2!
This book has it all: romance, intrigue and engines! Very topical as we commemorate the start of the First World War, I would thoroughly recommend this book.

Motorola Moto G - Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Polishing Cloth (Dark Purple)
Offered by GB Online Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 31 May 2014
This case fits the phone perfectly and does not obscure the camera. It looks a bit cheap, but for the price it's great value. So, you get what you pay for!

Public Battles, Private Wars
Public Battles, Private Wars

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivetting read., 26 May 2014
Set against the backdrop of the miners' strike, this book charts the changing fortune of a young housewife who discovers her own self worth. Her old school friend returns to the village as a teacher, but it is Mandy whose growth is the centre of the story. Her marriage fails but that is not the main story. I felt a real empathy for Mandy, willing her to succeed, but hoping she wouldn't settle for the easy romantic story. I really enjoyed this book.

Page: 1 | 2