Profile for Thomas Parker > Reviews

TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless-N Nano USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless-N Nano USB Adapter
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, 29 April 2014
This item is something that is hard to really nail down with a review but I'll try my best! This little wireless adapter is tiny, the size of the dongles that most USB keyboards use. My previous experiences with USB WiFi adapters is that they can connect to the internet but provide a slower experience than a dedicated card, not in this case! It connects to the internet fine and is able to maintain similar download speeds to my laptop's WiFi card. As a bonus it works a treat in the Raspberry Pi and required no tinkering from me using Raspbian.

Really recommend this product as it's a steal for the price and works great with a Raspberry Pi or a desktop without WiFi capability.

Very British Problems: Making Life Awkward for Ourselves, One Rainy Day at a Time
by Rob Temple
Price: 11.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 April 2014
This book is great, the fantastic humour and the brutal reality of being a Brit and a whole lot of awkwardness on the way. Definitely recommend this to anyone who follows the Twitter page or even those who are looking for a quick read and a good laugh.

Great Book 5/5

10x Epson Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges T1816XL To Replace Epson Daisy 18XL Inks Cartridge (Contains: 4x T1811 Black, 2x T1812 Cyan, 2x T1813 Magenta, 2x T1814 Yellow) for Epson Expression Home XP102, XP202, XP205, XP212, XP215, XP30, XP302, XP305, XP312, XP315, XP402, XP405, XP412, XP415
Offered by First Call Inks
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Ink!, 14 April 2014
In my personal experience these ink cartridges have lasted a long time and have also worked with my Epson Expression XP-312 with no issues whatsoever. I had a slight issue with one of the black cartridges but a quick nozzle clean was able to fix that.

Good points about the item:
- Work plug and play with Epson Daisy printers.
- Packaged very well.
- Long lasting in my experience.
- Cheaper than Epson's offerings with no noticeable quality decrease.

Bad Points:
- All I can think of is a possible higher failure rate than Official Daisy cartridges.

Black 3.5mm Earphone Earbud Headset Headphone Flat Cable for iPhone MP3 MP4
Black 3.5mm Earphone Earbud Headset Headphone Flat Cable for iPhone MP3 MP4
Offered by Tech Leader
Price: 2.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 14 April 2014
I found this item very cheap feeling (what can you expect for the price though) and the sound quality was actually worse than some of the pairs I've picked up from Sainsbury's. The ribbon cable is a great idea though as it makes the cables less likely to tangle but overall they were uncomfortable and had a low quality feel to them.

Would only recommend this for people looking for a cheap pair of earphones to use until they find something better.

D-Link DUB-H4/B USB 2.0 4-Port Hub
D-Link DUB-H4/B USB 2.0 4-Port Hub
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for lots of scenarios, 14 April 2014
This little USB HUB is absolutely tiny however you can see from the construction of the case and the way it's packaged that it's a higher quality unit. It features 3 standard USB ports and one that is for charging. To use the charging port to its full potential you have to plug it into the wall with the included 5V adapter. The unit shows you whether the HUB is using power from the USB connection or Power through an LED on the top.

Good points about this item:
- Looks fantastic and the size enables it to be used in multiple scenarios.
- The ports all worked and were plug and play on Linux (Debian more specifically) and Windows 8.1
- The charging port is quicker than the standard USB port for charging my phone.
- The cables provided are of a high quality
- Doesn't require power to run the main 3 USB ports.

Bad points:
- The power adapter is pretty chunky.
- The case is a fingerprint and dust magnet.

Overall this little USB hub is great and doesn't look god awful (in my opinion) like some of the others available. Would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a HUB and it's verified for the Raspberry Pi as well so it can offer you more USB ports plug and play on that device. 5/5

Logitech K400 Wireless Touch Keyboard - Black
Logitech K400 Wireless Touch Keyboard - Black
Offered by WOW WEE
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard for home use, 26 Dec 2013
NEW REVIEW:
I originally wrote a review for this item when I first bought it and now I've had it for a few months I thought I'd update the review to give an update on the product. Firstly as this is a keyboard I'll talk about the keys which in my experience were comfortable to type on, even when it was sitting on my lap instead of on a table. My only snag with the keyboard layout is the tiny backspace and enter keys, they work great but are a bit small for my hands. The keyboard itself is very light but not in a cheap feeling way which makes it perfect for something like a media PC or supporting Smart TV. The touch pad also works great however when the signal is weak this is the first thing you'll notice start to go, and I found that the touchpad actually supports Windows 8 and 8.1 touch features such as coming in from the right to access the charms menu. This item worked great on Windows 8 and also I didn't run into any issues when testing on Linux and more specifically a Raspberry Pi I had hooked up to the TV.

Positives about the Product:
- Works fantastically on Windows 8 with the touch pad supporting Windows gestures.
- Media keys mean it works great for a media PC.
- The signal in my experience was great and went across the lounge without issue.
- The keyboard feels like it's of a high quality.

Negatives about the Product:
- The enter and backspace keys are tiny.
- The touch pad has a lower range than the keyboard component.

Hope this review is much better than my previous one!

XILENCE COO-XPF80.R 80mm Case Fan - Red Wing
XILENCE COO-XPF80.R 80mm Case Fan - Red Wing
Price: 5.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good little fan, 26 Dec 2013
This fan is currently sitting in my Media PC below the TV and whilst it looks and performs great this isn't one for those who require absolute silence from their PC. This fan hasn't got a sleeved cable which isn't great but if we're being honest this won't matter if you don't have a window on your case. The blows a tonne of air for the size and I guess this is why the only negative, the sound, had to arise because you have to compromise somewhere.

Good Points about the Product:
- Good airflow.
- Reliable, it has lasted longer in my case than some other 80mm fans.
- Comes supplied with screws.
- Looks quite nice from the outside of the case.

Poor Points about the Product:
- Can be audible at times.

Overall this is highly recommended as the airflow it produces is better than most 80mm fans however you're going to have to put up with it being louder than say a Noctua fan but when you consider the 80mm fan line up the noise is actually better than most.

Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi/Epson Connect
Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi/Epson Connect
Price: 56.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer for the connected family, 11 Dec 2013
I purchased this printer because of the fact it was a cheap wifi printer and so I wasn't really expecting much however when it arrived it was packaged well and it was an absolute breeze to set up.

I've set it up on all of the devices we have in the home and it makes it easier for us to print due to the wifi capabilities and now all homework, work related e-mails and vouchers can be printed without being in the same room as the machine. The printer also has an SD card slot which makes it easy to print photos straight from the card onto photo paper (Which saves me a bit of money instead of going into a shop to do this). The scanning features on the printer are also great as it crops the scan to the edges of the image and you can then transmit that image to the PC that you started the scanning process with instantly over the network. Only problem I've had is some original issues with making copies the right size.

I would certainly recommend that you pick up this printer if you're in the market for a wifi printer or you're looking for a printer to serve multiple PCs or the whole family. 5/5

OCZ OCZACSSDBRKT2 3.5/2.5 inch SSD Adaptor Bracket
OCZ OCZACSSDBRKT2 3.5/2.5 inch SSD Adaptor Bracket
Offered by AVIDES
Price: 8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars OCZ 2.5 inch SSD Adaptor, 8 Nov 2012
Well this product is only useful to those who's Solid State Drive does not come with mounting hardware for a desktop PC. First off the black paint makes it look pretty nice and stops it from having that nasty bare metal look. I can safely say it's worth getting it compared to using tape or any other makeshift arrangement to mount your 2.5 inch drives to your desktop as it is the same as companies like Plextor use and they are known not to have compatibility issues and I certainly didn't have any problems using this to mount my Sandisk 128GB Solid State Drive. It arrives in a box and includes all necessary screws required to mount an Solid State Drive and I'm sure you could mount a 2.5 inch hard disk drive as well. In conclusion it is a great buy for those who's Solid State Drive does not come with mounting hardware required for desktop installation.