Profile for Tricia > Reviews

Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd
Price: 12.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Electronic water timer, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
The timer itself works well but there are other things to take into account. My watering system seems not to be reliable, and if I leave the tap turned on enough to work the timer, then it leaks from the tap. Timer is therefore no use to me through no fault of its own.

Roundup Ready to Use Weedkiller Gel
Roundup Ready to Use Weedkiller Gel
Price: 6.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Roundup weedkiller gel, 2 Jun 2014
This product seems to be doing its job very well, and is much easier to use on my lawn than granules which I tried previously.

Tallon 6x4 Designer Photo Album with 300 Pockets
Tallon 6x4 Designer Photo Album with 300 Pockets
Offered by JMS Photos
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Photo album, 2 Jun 2014
The photo album was as described, and suited my purposes, but I did feel that the pockets were not as clear as they might be.

The Voices of Marrakesh
The Voices of Marrakesh
by Elias Canetti

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 April 2014
This book was recommended to me by my guide in Marrakesh. I expected more - I didn't realise it was such a short book or that I would learn so little from it. On the other hand I do agree that it is beautifully written.

Marriage Material
Marriage Material
Price: 4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Marriage Material (Kindle Edition)
I really looked forward to reading another book by Sathnam Sangera having enjoyed The Boy with the Topknot so much. Although Marriage Material is a novel, it follows very similar themes to his first book which was factual, and I think that a lot can be learnt from it about the sikh community and the various issues they have living in the UK. I feel that parts of the story go a little over the top but I enjoyed every minute spent reading it.

Impressions of Burma: Highs and lows of a two-week tour
Impressions of Burma: Highs and lows of a two-week tour
Price: 2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Another interesting journey, 16 Mar 2014
Having read Irene Black's account of her journey in Sri Lanka, I discovered that she had also written about a holiday in Burma. A must for me to read as this is a country i have visited as well. Irene describes her journey and experiences in a very interesting way, and her knowledge of the history and culture is extremely good. The book brings back lots of good memories for me, and I would recommend it highly to anyone thinking of travelling in Burma.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 3:52 PM GMT

Sri Lanka... now and then
Sri Lanka... now and then
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful island., 16 Mar 2014
I have visited Sri Lanka several times, and this book took me back to so many places of which I have wonderful memories. Irene Black has a wide-ranging knowledge of the history of the country, both ancient and more recent, which she puts over in a very readable way. It's lovely to read about her experiences travelling with her group of friends, and with the people they met on their journey. The photographs in the book are very good, and I was fascinated to see the picture of her aunt so smartly dressed in her Kandy style sari.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 3:47 PM GMT

THE Club Dumas
THE Club Dumas
by Arturo Perez-Reverte
Price: 8.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear., 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: THE Club Dumas (Paperback)
This was the choice for our reading group, but only a couple of us (not me) persevered and read all through. I could not take any interest in any of the characters who all seemed equally boring.

Ginger, You're Barmy
Ginger, You're Barmy
by David Lodge
Price: 7.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ginger, You're Barmy (Paperback)
A well written novel which I enjoyed but does seem a little out of date. Perhaps more of a man's book anyway?

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
by Deborah Rodriguez
Price: 3.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappeared in the post, 21 Feb 2014
I am sure I would like this book - if I had it! It has disappeared in the post, I have been offered a replacement and this seems to be taking its time in arriving as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4