Profile for EmmaxZero > Reviews

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments): 1
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments): 1
by Cassandra Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars Twilight who?, 8 Jun. 2011
If your looking for a YA series with kick ass characters, an imaginative plot and hot guys. THIS is what your looking for.
This series is everything i love about fantasy, and with occasional mix of romance and some pretty funny moments.
The Mortal Instruments will leave you frustrated, heart broken, stunned and sometimes, what i can only describe as bamboozled. But if it didn't would it be better? Hell no!

If you want to read something that isn't a far-fetched, over exposed twilightgasm...then this is your author.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Adult Edition]: 832
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Adult Edition]: 832
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars What! You never told me it was THAT good!!!, 8 Jun. 2011
This is a review I should have written a long time ago, however being convinced that I `just wasn't that into Harry Potter' left me completely oblivious to the full extent of this story, until now. I finished this book one hour ago and I will now consider myself, a full-fledged crazy fan, only ten years later than everybody else. Enjoy.

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Reading time: 2 days
Rating: 9 Ĺ / 10

Its no secret that J.K.Rowling has an imagination we'd all like to take credit for, however I don't think anyone expected, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to be as captivating as it was. I, for one, could not put it down. Only after hours of reading would I finally give in to my chronic back ache and or droopy eyelids.

Having been with these characters since they were 11, you already know what you're getting. You feel like you know the score. But what you don't expect is how the unraveling of the story brings you closer to the characters you feel like you know so well. You experience they're conflict when confronted with riddles and clues, you experience them dealing with battle and loss, and amongst this, you experience they're everyday teenage angst as they deal with some long overdue love. I no what your thinking, that they've done these things in the others books too, but I can safely say, never like this. Never in a way that has you glued to your seat, soaking in words like they were crack.

For me Harry Potter has been a constant in my life, for as long as I can remember pointing at old buildings and asking my Mum if I'd found Hogwarts, so reaching the end was always going to be emotional. But I never expected that saying goodbye to Harry, Ron and Hermione would be like losing three old friends. And for me, the urge to keep reading until these characters die of old age, will never subside. Harry Potter has been a necessity among my generation, and after 10 long years, the book that finally see's `The Boy Who Lived' triumph, will not disappoint.

Captivated, excited, infuriated, heart broken, Inspired. You'll feel many things throughout the story, but after turning that last page, you feel what I can only describe as, magical.

My Name Is Memory
My Name Is Memory
by Ann Brashares

1.0 out of 5 stars (N), 24 April 2011
This review is from: My Name Is Memory (Paperback)
If you were going to read this...don't.
Read something else, the back of a cereal box would be better.

But most importantly, read Fallen by author Lauren Kate...you'll see my point when you read both descriptions.

That is all.