Profile for Elise > Reviews

The Muppets Kermit 50cm Soft Plush Toy
The Muppets Kermit 50cm Soft Plush Toy
Offered by Bargainmax Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Kermit imposter, 5 Mar. 2015
Really confused about the reviews for this item, unless I received a different toy? Mine did not look like the picture at all, was really terribly made, very light and felt cheap. It also said "gift prize, not for resale" on the label. On the plus side, company were quick to arrange return for me and sent a pre-paid envelope. I managed to get a really nice one for a little bit more from the Disney store in time for daughter's birthday. Phew.

Transformers - Age of Extinction
Transformers - Age of Extinction
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars B O R I N G, 24 Jan. 2015
Get rid of say, an hour and a half of footage and it might be ok. Any great bits are lost in the boredom. Stupid, typical Bay jokes and amidst the 100s and 100s of male characters, there's about 3 women. They are all ridiculous, only in it for legs and boobs. Yuck. A mess of a film.

2 x Stylish Latte Glass, Coffee Cup, Mug, Hot Chocolate
2 x Stylish Latte Glass, Coffee Cup, Mug, Hot Chocolate
Offered by Indiabazaar

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, cheap and nasty! Not for Tassimo lattes., 26 Jun. 2014
I bought a Tassimo machine and wanted to get some Latte glasses for the Costa lattes. I already found some in Asda for £1.50 each - I purchased 2 but then found they were far, far too small for the lattes. I decided that at the price though, I couldn't grumble and they do fit one type of hot choc (but certainly not the Milka ones) and only just fit the plain Macchiato at a push (but not the caramel machiattos by Carte Noire). I searched on Amazon and found these ones - at £5.95, I thought they would be bigger and better than the cheap, supermarket ones. When they arrived, there were absolutely identical to the ones I had purchased from Asda last week! I was so dissappointed!! At twice the price of the supermarket ones I expected better but if anything, the quality of the glass wasn't even as good as the Asda ones (they appear "liney") and they certainly didn't arrive in the box which is pictured in this listing on Amazon. Not only do I feel ripped off but I'm annoyed that I can't yet try my lovely latte - They are truly TINY. I would send them back but it would probably cost me postage. On goes my search for proper latte glasses :0( at further expense. Still, it seemed to amuse my husband when I showed them to him. Bah! And I really don't understand the other reviews that state they were great for Tassimo lattes??? Unless they received completely different mugs.

Eastpak Unisex Adult Sugarbush Backpack Heritage Khaki
Eastpak Unisex Adult Sugarbush Backpack Heritage Khaki

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice strong bag but a bit uncomfortable and heavy, 11 Mar. 2013
In a nutshell: Pros - nice bag with plenty of space, strong fabric, great zip which opens fully for easy packing, lots of great pockets of various sizes, nice colour and material.

Cons - Very heavy and very uncomfortable straps

Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders
Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders
by Judith Durant

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart instantly, 11 Mar. 2013
I haven't knitted anything from this yet and I bought it over a year ago. I didn't realise that the patterns were grid/chart patterns and since I'm quite new to knitting, I aren't up to speed with this yet. That's probably more my fault but what isn't, is the fact that the cover fell off and then pages started to fall out on the first day I looked at it. Shoddy.

My So Called Life [DVD] [1994]
My So Called Life [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Claire Danes

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past!, 11 Mar. 2013
So glad I bought this - I thought it might not have aged very well but it's still as awesome and relevant today as it was back when it came out. Loved it - both myself and my husband got through the whole series in a weekend. Lent it to a friend who was also skeptical - I convinced her to borrow it (more or less forced her).... she sent me a text an hour later to say she was hooked and madly in love with Jared Leto :0) brilliant. The grungey 90s at their best.

Concentrate - Pot Set for Lunch Snacks
Concentrate - Pot Set for Lunch Snacks

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute and handy, 11 Mar. 2013
Love these - they're just the right size to take to work with fruit or veg in them..... you could also use them for nuts. One did leak once so I covered it in cling film but usually they're fine.

Kolay Dual-Port Cigarette Lighter Adaptor
Kolay Dual-Port Cigarette Lighter Adaptor
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 11 Mar. 2013
A great idea but have to push it back in quite a lot as it comes out. Not sure if this is the fault of the product though as what we have plugged in is quite heavy. Could just be this.

Cygnett Groove Transmit Plug In FM Transmitter
Cygnett Groove Transmit Plug In FM Transmitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 11 Mar. 2013
Really great for long journeys - easy to set up and tune in - no issues. Only downside is it's quite heavy and although very sturdy on it's own, I use it with an adapter so I can plug in both this and my TomTom.... it wobbles around a lot then but not really the fault of the Cygnett Groove Transmitter.

Pritt 480656 Power Stick Glue Extra Strong Solvent-Free Washable 19.5Gg
Pritt 480656 Power Stick Glue Extra Strong Solvent-Free Washable 19.5Gg

4.0 out of 5 stars Really strong, 11 Mar. 2013
Good strong glue for crafts. I liked it enough to buy it again - used it for scrap booking. Great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5