Profile for T. Hopkins > Reviews

Content by T. Hopkins

T. Hopkins "Trevor Hopkins" (England, near Poole, Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2
Nokia X DUAL SIM Bright Green Touch screen 4GB smart phone
Nokia X DUAL SIM Bright Green Touch screen 4GB smart phone
Offered by FONOGRAM
Price: 90.99

4.0 out of 5 stars ... it matches the description as being a relatively inexpensive smart phone though with modern interesting features, 29 July 2014
So far it matches the description as being a relatively inexpensive smart phone though with modern interesting features. As a low user of mobile phones it suits my needs. I have difficulty in installing whatsapp though don't send many texts anyway. It has a pleasing appearance and has a nice touch screen facility. The handbook is minimal and poor though it is much better on line. I think it would be too slow for the phone geek though I am not one of them. So far so good.

Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: Son House
Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: Son House
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The memorable Son House, 21 Mar 2014
I was present at the London Blues Festival in 1967 or was it 1968 when Son House played and have these memories of him sitting on his own and the light of his shiny blue guitar flashing into the audience as he strummed chunky chords and sang his blues; very atmospheric. This CD brings back these memories and is a good example of his repertoire. He plays the blues in such a simplistic but effective manner and technique; also very effective use of the bottle neck. Great CD.

Paul Hollywood's Bread
Paul Hollywood's Bread
by Paul Hollywood
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for my collection on bread making, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Paul Hollywood's Bread (Hardcover)
I have made great pizzas using Paul's recipes and methods. It has also helped refine my way of making sourdough bread though I make it using a sponge whereas Paul seems to use the starter directly. Not using sugar is good advice though sourdough making is often hit and miss so needs constant revising. Paul is definitely a baker guru or master baker. This book is a must to have in addition to other books or on-line recipes and advice.

Random Access Memories
Random Access Memories
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great groovy and full of vim!, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Random Access Memories (Audio CD)
This is very uplifting music, very varied, toe tapping or dancing spontaneously, and very varied. The electric music especially with synthesized voices is very Daft Punk. It has groovy beats and is good listening to. Definitely party music. A must have CD or download etc.

The Best Of Etta James
The Best Of Etta James
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars First time of listening to Etta James, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Etta James (Audio CD)
I had heard of Etta James but never listened to her music before apart from the well known one" I just want to make love to you". Perhaps during the rock and roll days she was best known in America and to British rock groups who were looking for inspiration. Some of her songs sounded very much like artists around in the 50's and 60's who perhaps had her influence such as Helen Shapiro and Brenda Lee though I am only guessing. She has the rock and roll rawness in her voice for some numbers though also a softer bluesy ballad sound in others. I liked the one "If I can't have you" with Harvey Fuqua which reminded me of Dinah Washington's duet in A Rockin' Good Way ( to mess around and fall in love). It's a pity she didn't have a bigger profile in Britain in the rock and roll days though her influence on other artists is apparent. This disc is a good introduction to her work though it now seems more like nostalgia than modern music. I give it five stars since it is a good compilation of a talented artists work.

The Good Soldier (Wordsworth Classics)
The Good Soldier (Wordsworth Classics)
by Ford Madox Ford
Price: 1.89

4.0 out of 5 stars The Good Soldier, 20 Jan 2013
I very much enjoyed the book, especially after watching Parades End on TV. The print was abit small but I got used to it. I have already told friends and family aboutthis interesting novel.

Kidde 0230 BSI Battery Premium Range Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Kidde 0230 BSI Battery Premium Range Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket
Price: 16.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiddle Alarm, 20 Jan 2013
Seems a good product and hope it works if ever it is needed to raise alarm. Good value for money. I would recommend it to friends or family.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 4:38 PM GMT

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by Lotnabox
Price: 16.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Hama Tripod, 20 Jan 2013
I have not used it much yet so will not give it top rating. However I expect that it will be very useful especially when taking panoramic photos. It seems sturdy, with good mechanisms, and safe enough to hold a camera of some weight. Having dropped a previous heavy SLR digital camera and watched it smash to pieces I don't wish to repeat this trauma! I shall recommend it to family and friends ifa it proves to beOK.

Tefal Ultraglide FV4488G1 Anti-Scale Steam Iron - 2300 Watt - Night Blue
Tefal Ultraglide FV4488G1 Anti-Scale Steam Iron - 2300 Watt - Night Blue
Price: 39.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Steam Iron, 20 Jan 2013
A big improvement on our previous iron. Very good at low temperatures with shirts as well as use with steam. No problems so far. I would recommend this iron to friends.

Mira Response Power Showerhead Chrome
Mira Response Power Showerhead Chrome
Offered by Lydney Bathrooms Ltd
Price: 25.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shower Head, 20 Jan 2013
I wanted a shower head for a power shower since the one we had did not always give us a good strong shower. This one works very well with our Mira Shower with few frustrating air locks or drop in strength. I doubt that I could improve with another shower head and would recommend this one to a friend.

Page: 1 | 2