Profile for K. Whyberd > Reviews

Fridge or Freezer thermometer with 70mm dial
Fridge or Freezer thermometer with 70mm dial
Offered by Cavalier Leisure Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Nov. 2014
Nothing fancy - but does exactly what it should very well.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy multiway charger cable, 18 Nov. 2014
Great little cable - I can charge my Iphone 4s, ipad and ipad keyboard all at the same time via one mains charged usb.
Data transfer to computer works fine as well - but don't expect to be able to connect more than one device to the computer at a time.

UPDATE: Great if the cable and device isn't being moved or put under pressure whilst charging.... I repeatedly played an ipad mini game with motion sensor (with this cable on a on a usb extention) while charging, and the lightning connector now only charges intermittently - so the connections on the cable are rather delicate.

<Year-End Deals>ALLPOWERS™ 50000mAh Double USB 3.5A output Power Bank Charger External Battery Pack Backup Charger Micro USB Cell Phone Portable Battery Charger for iPad, iPad 2/3, iPhone 6 plus 5s 5c 5 4s 4, iPod, Blackberry, HTC, Android, Samsung and Most USB Devices (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs., 8 Sept. 2014
Delighted with this external battery - ideal for camping or any time you'll be away from mains electricity, and it will happily charge two usb items a time, several times over.

Andoer Portable Folding Aluminum PVC Oxford Cloth Chair Outdoor Patio Fishing Camping with Carry Bag Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Very small and the cloth is stronger than the aluminium, 8 Sept. 2014
Much smaller and shorter than I expected given it's description as "chair" (I should've checked the fine print in the details) - it would suit a child not an adult.
I had also expected it to be more robust given that a load capacity of 100kg was stated.
It went with me to a bike rally where it lasted maybe an hour or two before the wrong person sat on it and ended up on the floor as the metal bent and tore (at least they didn't have far to fall)

CampFeuer® - Teepee Tent, Tipi brown
CampFeuer® - Teepee Tent, Tipi brown
Offered by CS Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars The tent is easy to erect - could be done by one person, 8 Sept. 2014
Bought this in July, and have now used it a couple of times.
The tent is easy to erect - could be done by one person, but easier with two.

The tent is big enough to sleep 6 people, but 4 would be more comfortable, and we're using it for 2 in luxury (t's great to be able to stand in a tent and have plenty of space for any extras you've brought with you).

You do need to use the vents to avoid condensation, and don't expect the tent to insulate you on a cold night (that's the job of the sleeping bag).

Wenzel Grande 4 Season Rectangular Sleeping Bag - Brown
Wenzel Grande 4 Season Rectangular Sleeping Bag - Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars It's HUGE- not suitable for hikers or bike rally!, 26 Aug. 2014
Whoa! It's HUGE... I don't doubt the insulation of this sleeping bag, and it is easily wide enough for even a broader camper, but be aware that this does NOT wrap down to a small size.
Smallest it rolls to is approx 18 inches long by 12 inch diameter so DO NOT consider unless you have a car or bigger for transport.

Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013]
Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars No Minion Short Movies!!!, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Please be aware that this DVD does NOT have the Minion short movies on it.
Led to some disappointment as the Minions normally steal the show and had already heard how good the short films are from someone who a special version.
Look for "includes 3 exclusive mini movies" on the front of the pack to avoid disappointment!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2014 6:05 PM BST

SleepGuard Mouthpiece With Anti-Bacterial Case & Plastic Fitting Spatula
SleepGuard Mouthpiece With Anti-Bacterial Case & Plastic Fitting Spatula
Offered by UK Innovations GP Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it really works, 16 July 2011
Like many others I was sceptical about the claims of this product, but after giving my husband years of sleep deprivation, and after having been jabbed in the ribs afew too many times, I read through the reviews and thought I'd give it a try.

The first night I tried it, my husband reported my snoring had vastly reduced - still there, but at a much quieter volume - he could sleep fine, so did I, and I call that a success!

Customising the fit needed to be done a couple of times initially, and does need to be repeated from time to time.
It did take a bit of getting used to, and for the first week I drooled a bit, but you do get used to it, and you do stop salivating so much.

Loud snoring since buying the product has still occurred - but only because of human error - I removed the snore guard before I went to the loo, and went back to sleep without putting it back... the complaints the next morning were enough to make me more careful in future.

Procrastination (Livre 27)
Procrastination (Livre 27)
by Terry Pratchett
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars It's in French!!! C'est Francais, 19 Dec. 2010
Like a previous reviewer, I thought this was Terry Pratchetts latest book in paperback, and I put this book in my wish list.
Unlike the previous reviewer, this book was bought for me (neither I nor the purchaser had noticed the language).

In fact, when I did a search (19th Dec 2010) for Terry Pratchett Books, and restricted the search to English language, this book, AND MANY OTHER FRENCH TITLES, also appeared.... so the search restriction is of no help whatsoever.

I speak very old o-level French, so I may well use this as a fun way of brushing up
my language skills, but it doesn't look like it will be quite the relaxing lighthearted read I was aiming for.

Labtec media wireless desktop 800
Labtec media wireless desktop 800

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing range (approx 1 meter), 30 July 2008
The labtec media wireless desktop turned up quickly and in good condition, but I was very disappointed by the range over which they operate. (unfortunately the tech spec on Amazon didn't list the range).

It's fine if you want to keep your mouse and keyboard close to your computer (or less than a meter away) - but no good if you are wanting to operate over longer distances (unless you fancy trailing the reciever out onto a USB extention line - which kind of defeats the purpose)

Page: 1 | 2