Profile for Mr. S. Lambert > Reviews

Mr. S. Lambert (uk)

Nina Ottosson Dog Brick Activity Toy
Nina Ottosson Dog Brick Activity Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars simple but compelling, 11 Feb 2013
has survived numerous onslaughts from my springers even though the sliding tiles are just plastic. comes with dvd showing how to train dog, but if it can smell it will pick it up quickly without a lecture. a bit pricey but allows me to sit with each dog practicing basic commands, with searching the game for a treat as reward.

Kyjen Puzzle Plush Hide-A-Squirrel Dog Toy
Kyjen Puzzle Plush Hide-A-Squirrel Dog Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars springers love this, 11 Feb 2013
tree stump about the same size as a kfc bargain bucket, a ribbed quilted affair stuffed with the usual white cotton stuff. three holes lead into a central chamber- some sort of membrane stitched into this making a pocket per hole would improve it by making the dog work harder to find the toys. these are about 4 inches long with a sqeaker inside each, which dies almost immediately, however toy itself,stuffing etc quite robust. my dogs love pulling the toys out and flinging them across the room, and using the stump to tug between the two of them. despite this, although hardly prestine, and a few restitched tears, get an average of about 20hrs fun from this. on to my third

Creative D100 Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Aux-in - Black
Creative D100 Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Aux-in - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars get one of these, 30 Mar 2012
use this with my samsung gallaxy s2. can't fault it- can get quite a good volume out of it without any distortion, and its range so far, is anywhere on the groundfloor in my two bed semi. its about the size and weight of a loaf of bread-unsliced! Dead easy to connect up. Turned on the bluetooth on my phone and made it visible; pressed a button on the front of the speaker, holding it down for about 3 secs, then a off I went. Nice deep tone and very good price for what it is.

Samsung Sound Station for Galaxy S II
Samsung Sound Station for Galaxy S II
Offered by Accessories Arena

1.0 out of 5 stars no effect on sound at all, 30 Mar 2012
This is a passive amplifier...supposedly. The idea seems to be that you place your phone on the platform, lining up the phone's speaker to a small hole which leads into a number of chambers which are supposed to amplify the sound without the need for batteries etc. A bit like a trumpet I suppose. However, I couldn't hear any difference when the phone was attached to it and when it wasn't. Confirmed this in a few blind tests with friends- they couldn't tell the difference either. Nice idea, but simply doesn't work. and when you consider that you can get a decent bluetooth speaker from the likes of creative for just £10 more, this can at best be described as a bit of a rip off. I returned mine this morning.

Epson EMP-TW20 Dreamio LCD Home Projector
Epson EMP-TW20 Dreamio LCD Home Projector

5.0 out of 5 stars great bit of kit, 3 Aug 2006
Research suggested that I could have paid a great deal more for a projector, but I thought I'd be sensible and go for the 'entry level' for my first purchase. Can't fault it AT ALL! Best purchase I've ever made on the internet- and my credit card has had quite a hammering over the last couple of years. Seeing such a huge, clear picture on my wall has re-excited me about films. Brilliant. Easy to set up, quiet running, good picture- who would want a £2k plasma or LCD telly when they can have the local Odeon in the sitting room for a fraction of the price.I'm not kidding- get one of these before they all go!Amazon appears to be the cheapest supplier, but a bit gutted when they dropped the price by a further £20 a couple of days after i got mine- even better bargain for somebody

The Watchman: The Twisted Life and Crimes of Serial Hacker Kevin Poulsen
The Watchman: The Twisted Life and Crimes of Serial Hacker Kevin Poulsen
by Jonathan Littman

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read for the non-phreaker/hacker, 13 Sep 2003
An interesting read even if viewed as fiction- entertaining, twisting plot and good character development.
Also valuable if looking for a case study of cyber criminals for academic reasons.
I read it on both levels, couldn't put it down, finished it within two days.Buy it!