Profile for ScottT > Reviews

Content by ScottT

ScottT (Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Vivitar Vivicam 5015 Compact Camera ( 5 MP,1.5 -inch LCD )
Vivitar Vivicam 5015 Compact Camera ( 5 MP,1.5 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for kids to learn and play with at a cheap price, 10 Jan 2012
Bought 2 of these for my kids as they are a lot cheaper than the typical child designed ones (which we had but broke), and the image quality is actually better. It isn't true 5.1mp because the lens isn't brilliant, but I give it 5 stars as for the intended purpose and for the price paid, it really was a very good purchase, and both my kids get a lot of use out of them, and enjoy uploading their photos. They've also proved to be more robust than the child designed ones.

I can understand the negative comments, if you are looking for top quality compact digital photos, you're not going to get that for under 60 let alone 20 for this camera. So for what it is, and purchasing with that in mind, I think 5 stars is fair.

Head Lite 10 Badminton Racquet - White, Size 205
Head Lite 10 Badminton Racquet - White, Size 205

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent racket either as supplied, or restrung with a decent string, 29 Dec 2011
If I was a club standard player, I'd probably want to replace the supplied string with a decent string which would probably cost around 25. However, I play at a reasonable level by only with friends, and so if I break a string, I tend to order a new racket such as this at 16 which is a bargain.

The handle is thin so I added a Karakel PU grip to it which was perfect for me over the top of the supplied grip. The racket is incredibly light, but also well balanced and I have found the added flex in the shaft has given me a bit more power, and control on my short game.

Overall, for 16, it's a bargain, even if you restring it with a decent string (the supplied strings aren't very good), it's still hell of a racket for 40.

Residential Lighting: A Practical Guide to Beautiful and Sustainable Design
Residential Lighting: A Practical Guide to Beautiful and Sustainable Design
by Randall Whitehead
Price: 33.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for the homeowner / decorator, but not a design professional, 29 Dec 2011
I bought the book as I'm an architect and wanted some assistance in lighting design. Unfortunately the book is quite basic, and now dated compared to many of the technologies such as LED drivers etc. I wouldn't recommend this book to a professional, but to a home owner or even a student, it is helpful enough in it's own way, and does have simple easy to follow diagrams and explanations. However the range of design options for any particular room I found fairly limiting and not extending toward a really creative approach to lighting.

Klipsch Image One On-Ear Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod - Black / Silver / Leather
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 59.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but cans too small and uncomfortable for my ears., 29 Dec 2011
The headphones look good, have good features, and from the small amount of listening I did, have a very good sound. I have returned them however as they were simply too uncomfortable for either myself ormy wife to wear.

The pictures probably don't show how small the cans are, so that the soft padded bumper is actually pressing against much of your ear rather than your ear fitting into the void. I couldn't have worn these for much longer than 10mins without some discomfort.

As other reviews have noted, they are no doubt very good headphones, however they are not going to be comfortable for everyone. Amazon have accepted the return, and I've purchased a pair of Sennheiser 201's at 15 instead.

Bullets & Lullabies
Bullets & Lullabies
Price: 13.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful introduction to classical piano, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Bullets & Lullabies (Audio CD)
I'm not a big classical buff, I would barely know a concerto from a sonata, but am thoroughly enjoying this album. Conceptually divided as a 'wake up' or bullets first disk, and a gentle 'going to sleep' lullabies on the second, the album is nicely put together and flows along at an enjoyable tempo depending on your mood and which disk you decide to put on.

I find James' playing easy to listen to, however I couldn't comment from a position of comparing him to many other pianists. Having seen him play live, there is showmanship about him, and this definitely comes through on the CD. He is passionate about the music, however doesn't appear to want that to influence him as an individual, or how he goes about his work. This may well upset those of a more critical nature, however it makes him as a musician more accessible as a human being, and his approach is refreshing, and comes across as sincere.

I think we'll be hearing lots more from James in the future, I think the contemporary presentation of the artwork and sleeve notes etc. is more of an indication of James' personality than a marketing ploy. All that aside, I love the pieces and the playing so it's 5 stars from me.

2 X Apple iPad 2 & iPad & iphone 4S iPhone 4 3GS 3G USB Data Sync & Charge charging Cable
Offered by Tongup
Price: 1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I can barely tell the difference..., 3 Nov 2011
Just got the pair of cables, and I'm struggling to tell the difference between my original Apple cable and these. iPhone4S is syncing and charging fine with the new cable. So for the cost at having some extra cables you can keep handy, this is an excellent product, they look as well made as the apple ones so very pleased. I may buy some more while they are still available.

Coleman 50Qt Xtreme Wheeled Cooler Hard Shell Passive Cooler - Blue/White
Coleman 50Qt Xtreme Wheeled Cooler Hard Shell Passive Cooler - Blue/White
Offered by Johns Cross Motorcaravan and Camping
Price: 98.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 29 July 2011
Based on other reviews I wasn't expecting 5 day performance, but was expecting better than average and I wasn't disappointed. I pre-cooled the cooler 24hrs before we left by filling loads of old ice cream containers and such in the freezer to make ice blocks. On our trip I had cans of beer (the main reason for the purchase), other drinks and foods such as sausages etc. When the cooler first arrived I thought we had gone to big, but for a weekends camping you do fill it. Now with my kids and such, unfortunately the cooler gets opened at least 20 times a day, so I wasn't expecting miracles, but there was still a bit of ice floating about on the 3rd day, and my beer was still ice cold. That gives it 5 stars from me. It's robust, the handle and wheels are great and I took it over quite rugged ground without a problem. Easy to drain at the end of the trip. Great purchase, glad we didn't go electric, this will do us fine.

Coleman Protect Groundsheet 640x300cm
Coleman Protect Groundsheet 640x300cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Ground sheet that is between 2 tent sizes, 19 July 2011
Too big for the Coleman Coastline 6 tent as per the previous review, and too short (by a similar amount) for my Coleman Coastline 8 tent. When I purchased this came up as an automatic addition to the tent so I bought at the same time thinking it was the right one for the tent. Not until I pitched did I notice the shortfall. I contacted Coleman but they make this to fit between the 2, which is odd. Ground sheet is fine and does its job hence it still gets 3 stars.

Koss KSC75 Clip-On Stereo Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Silver/Black
Offered by MyMemory
Price: 12.80

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 years on and still going great, 6 July 2011
So I bought these and have waited 5 years to review them. Currently listening to Spiritualized through them and the high and low end are still great for such a small device. In terms of the negative reviews, I'd agree the plastic clips do ping off occasionally, and you need to tolerate them behind your ears - but then there is no secret in that. As for being able to jog / exercise with them - never tried, not sure why you would buy this for that intention. I do think they probably leak a bit of sound, so I never have them very loud on a train for example.

I would give them 5 stars for sound v money alone, but 4 stars seems appropriate given the above. As said, I've had mine 5 years, still enjoy and use them, enough said.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational, 11 Jan 2008
I spent many hours (too many!) going through reviews of the various iPod speaker systems, and the myriad list of pro's and cons. At the end of the day, I wanted to drop my iPod on a system that played the best possible sound for the best possible price. I picked this up for 79.99 and am blown away by it. Fantastic bass, clear sound, and actually enjoys a big room where the sound can expand. If you like lots of functions and dials etc. then perhaps it is not quite for you, but if you are looking for a system that you turn on and turn up, this has to be it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3