Profile for Zeus Python > Reviews

Content by Zeus Python

Zeus Python

The Electrifying, Action-Packed, Unusual History of Video Games (Unusual Histories)
by Thomas James Maltman
Edition: Library Binding

1.0 out of 5 stars ... a present for my little brother and it looked like I'd spent a lot less on it than I ..., 18 Aug. 2014
I bought this as a present for my little brother and it looked like I'd spent a lot less on it than I had. It's a very small book with very little information in it. Its fairly nicely designed, but nowhere near worth the price. It's the sort of book you'd see in The Works for £1 to £2, and for that price it'd be a decent buy, but not nearly £20!

The Walking Dead (PS3)
The Walking Dead (PS3)
Offered by Soprano Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars and how easy that gameplay was, 17 Aug. 2014
I had high hopes for this title; it dashed some of those hopes and lived up to others...

Firstly, let me start by saying this isn't really a game as such, but more of an interactive movie. I had already been told this, but I was surprised just how little gameplay there was, and how easy that gameplay was. I'm not much of a gamer and have rarely completed a game but I completed this in one sitting (which took about 5 hours). I did enjoy that time, but I felt cheated when it was over so quick.

What little interactivity there is is mostly simple point-and-click gameplay, with dialogue and action choices, and a little bit of button bashing (to wrestle a zombie off you might have to hammer the X button until a O symbol pops up and then you hit the O, for example). All of this is extremely simple and easy and, even if you fail, you just try again.

The graphics, script-writing and voice-acting all exceeded my expectations and kept me interested enough to keep playing to the end despite the gameplay being far too easy. Upon completing the game so quickly I was disappointed but I thought "oh, well, I suppose I can play the game making different choices and get different story outcomes, so there's still some more playability left in it" but I was wrong. The second time I played it, I completed it much quicker since I already knew what I was doing, and despite making different decisions I got the same story. There were subtle changes - someone might've been a bit arsey with me if I'd made a decision that pissed them off or whatever, but your choices have very little effect on the overall plot. For example (though I won't give away any details, as to spoil the story of a "game" that is JUST story, would ruin the experience entirely), when choosing to spare the life of someone I'd previously chose to kill, they died anyway and my decision only effected the dialogue slightly.

It could have been massively improved by any or all of the following: 1) A less linear story, so your choices make more of a difference and it has some replay value 2) More challenging gameplay 3) A longer story

If you take it for what it is - an animated film that you have to push some buttons to move the story along - you can get an enjoyable few hours out of it, but don't expect anything more than that. And unless you get it cheap second-hand, its an extremely expensive film.