Profile for JP > Reviews

Content by JP

JP "rat vigilante" (UK)

M&K Tracking (Maggie MacKay - Magical Tracker Book 4)
M&K Tracking (Maggie MacKay - Magical Tracker Book 4)
Price: 2.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit !, 14 Aug 2014
I love this series. Maggie & Killian make great partners, there's a bit of will they,won't they, a bit of mystery & a lot of fun, excitement and adventure. There are genuinely funny dialogues which make me laugh out loud, and as a veteran of hundreds of books, that's not easy. The recurring characters who surround Maggie & Killian carry the story along and are a welcome addition. It's light hearted, doesn't take itself too seriously & a great fun read. All I can say is, keep writing Kate, more, more more!

Bloodlust (Blood Destiny Book 5)
Bloodlust (Blood Destiny Book 5)
Price: 3.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 6 Nov 2013
When I first started reading this series I wasn't too keen on Mack, I found her a bit annoying & bolshy, however I got over that & as she matured I found her character more enjoyable. I found myself rooting for her against the authoritative figures in the rest of the council.

Loved Aubrey's character after he became human, very funny, especially wearing the penguin suit to keep out of the sun even tho it wasn't necessary.

Shame the series had to end, but looking forward to more from this author. One to keep an eye on. :)

The Ace of Skulls (The Ketty Jay Book 4)
The Ace of Skulls (The Ketty Jay Book 4)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Sep 2013
To not give anything away is hard but I'll give it a go.
This style of book isn't my usual genre, but I was drawn in very quickly to Chris's world & couldn't put them down. So well written, a couple of typos and sentences mixed but nothing to spoil a Damn good story. Lots of real comedy moments that just creased me up, Pinn & his shotgun in the Awakener ship was pure comedy genius. These were what really kept me going as well as what on earth was going to happen next. Well thought out characters with all their flaws & attributes. I loved how the characters all started out as less than heroic & not really loveable, but as the series progresses, you're really rooting for them. Can't praise these books enough.

Date In Status Bar
Date In Status Bar
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Date In Status Bar (App)
Title says it all. Installed it & it only shows a grey block with the wrong date on! Went to settings but no luck there, when trying to adjust settings had to keep avoiding links to ads which is really annoying. Will delete it.

Blood Revolution (God Wars, #3)
Blood Revolution (God Wars, #3)
Price: 3.34

2.0 out of 5 stars confusing, 25 Aug 2013
I have really enjoyed all Connie Suttle's books & usually can't wait until the next book. However this book left me a bit cold. Books should flow with the plotline progressing, not jumping about & leaving me wndering what's just happened & how does that affect the overall storyline? I like flashbacks which fill out characters, but I found a lot of it irrelevant & annoying, 'specially the sub/dom thing. A common thread through the books are that despite the women being quite capable of kicking ass and have the super powers to back it up, the men still won't learn & want to keep them wrapped up & 'safe'. The whiny egotists should have been kicked into touch long since! Anyway, I'm really sorry Connie but I've had to give it a two star this time, hopefully the next book will pick up & get on with things.

Steel's Edge (The Edge Book 4)
Steel's Edge (The Edge Book 4)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this series, 29 Jun 2013
This can't be the end!! There are more stories in the Edge just waiting to be written. this book was definitely darker but no less enjoyable. My favourite was the balcony scene with Richard up & down the rope like an Errol Flynn wannabee. Very funny.
Please keep writing more.

Blood Politics (Blood Destiny Book 4)
Blood Politics (Blood Destiny Book 4)
Price: 3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one!, 17 Jun 2013
Really loved this one. I've enjoyed the previous ones but this one keeps you hanging on to find out what happens next &all sorts of plotlines going on. Loved the addition of Aubrey the cured vamp, some bits made me laugh out loud. Don't want to give anything away but oh Corrigan & oh Mack!! Real cliffhanger at the end. Now what Mack?
Write faster Helen!

Aerolatte 20 Mooo Milk Frother with Case
Aerolatte 20 Mooo Milk Frother with Case
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 9.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 16 Nov 2009
This is a really great gadget. Husband loves his real coffee so I bought this as a present (he also used to milk cows for a living, so the design is so appropriate, he loves it & it never gets put away in a drawer as he's always using it. I even use it (& I'm an instant coffee philistine!)it's so easy to use & easy to clean, just run it under the tap when finished. no mess no fuss.

One Touch Automatic Can Opener
One Touch Automatic Can Opener

2.0 out of 5 stars doesn't open small thick tins!, 16 Nov 2009
I bought this & thought it great, works brilliantly on ordinary cans large & small but recently had to open a small tin of tomato puree, not anything special just from Asda, but must have slightly thicker steel or something because it just wouldn't work, would grind to a halt & I had to release it with a screwdriver, changed batteries & everything! So I was stuck, eventually had to go to my neighbour to open it. I will now have to buy a hand operated can opener, which kinda defeats the purpose! Wish I hadn't bothered buying it now.