Profile for WJ, Scotland > Reviews

Content by WJ, Scotland

WJ, Scotland "WJ" (Glasgow, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Miracle-Gro Expand 'n Gro Concentrated Enriched Compost 18 Litres (expands to 50 Litres)
Price: 8.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it says on the bag, 28 May 2014
Bought this product at B&Q basically because I could lift the bag (I have problems lifting 40L) and have found Miracle-Gro products good and reliable. Soo-oo disappointed. Despite following the instructions, I can't get the expansion claimed by the manufacturer. Will be interesting to see how the plants & shrubs grow but I am not holding my breath. Bag seems to contain a high quantity of "dust" which doesn't expand. It is an expensive product and I don't mind paying for quality but am not convinced this gives the advertised quality.

Think there is definitely a market for 15-20L bags of compost which lightweight females like myself can manhandle between garden centre/home and area of planting. Miracle-Gro and other suppliers take note!

Kidde 7DCOC Carbon Monoxide Alarm Digital Display 10 Year Sensor and Warranty
Kidde 7DCOC Carbon Monoxide Alarm Digital Display 10 Year Sensor and Warranty
Price: 18.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 May 2014
Neat and discreet alarm with comprehensive instruction leaflet giving advice on where to fit the alarm and on how it operates.

Light Pink Premium PU Leather Pull tab Protective Grip Soft Slip Slide in Pouch Skin Case Cover With High Sensitivity Capacitive Mini Touch Stylus Pen For SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE LA FLEUR S5830 (S) Mobile Cellular Phone

2.0 out of 5 stars Mix up with order, 22 May 2014
I ordered a purple pouch for an iPhone 4 and a pink pouch for a Galaxy Ace but received a pink pouch for the iPhone and a purple pouch for the Galaxy. The stylus arrives loose and I don't see any way of clipping it to the case. The case fits too snuggly to slide the tail of the stylus down the side comfortably (as illustrated) and, if one does, the stylus flies out when the phone is removed from the pouch. Very disappointing.

The pouch itself seems reasonably well made but the phone is a tight fit and has to be pushed quite hard to fit inside. The colour is a pale pink and not the vivid pink illustrated.

Not a good buy.

Purple Premium PU Leather Pull tab Protective Grip Soft Slip Slide in Pouch Skin Case Cover With High Sensitivity Capacitive Mini Touch Stylus Pen For Apple iPhone 4 4G / 4S 4 S 4gs Mobile Cellular Phone

2.0 out of 5 stars Mix up with order, 22 May 2014

Not a good buy.

Goodbye to All That (Penguin Modern Classics)
Goodbye to All That (Penguin Modern Classics)
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an easy read, 28 April 2014
This was one of the books in my Father's 'Not for you to read shelf'. Needless to say, as a 14 year old, I read it. It made a profound impression on me as the most anti war book anyone could read. Robert Graves re-edited the original book and it does not purvey the sheer dreadfulness of the trenches in the original version. Nevertheless, a snapshot of the Great War and society as it was in 1900's.

SAVFY New Apple iPad Air (2013 Version) Purple Premium PU Leather 360 Degree Rotating Stand Smart Case Cover Skin 2 Card Slots for Apple iPad Air with Built-in Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Feature, EXTRA Gift: SAVFY Stylus Pen + SAVFY Screen Protector Film (Available in Multiple Colors)
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd
Price: 34.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good value and pretty but ...., 28 April 2014
This a very attractive IPad Air cover but with some down-sides. The actual cover is quite heavy but the IPad Air fits well with no problem and the cover revolves either landscape or portrait effortlessly. However the 'bars' which support the IPad for viewing/use are not substantial and the IPad occasionally falls of the stand.in both landscape and portrait.
The stylus us terrific, especially for us ladies who have long fingernails.

Apple Silver IPAD AIR WI-FI 16GB MD788FD/A 16 GB 9.7 -inch LCD
Apple Silver IPAD AIR WI-FI 16GB MD788FD/A 16 GB 9.7 -inch LCD
Offered by mobohub
Price: 304.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my IPad, 28 April 2014
I never felt I needed a Tablet as I have a first class laptop and spend a lot of time on Excel. Outlook and Word. Decided to buy an IPad as I was the only one of my friends and family without one. Boy was I wrong. I have only had the IPad 3 days and although it is a steep learning curve to understand Apple -v- Windows, it is proving invaluable. For example, at a meeting today I needed copies of 3 A4 schedules. Instead of asking for photocopies I was able to photograph the schedules and print later. Such a time saver - brilliant.
Apps are easy to set up but there are so many it is bewildering. Currently looking for a ten year old to give me tuition on how to sync Windows based programmes and an Android phone with IPad. A friends five year old offered to help and I may take up his offer.
Found myself sitting up in bed exploring, and hopefully learning, various function at 1am last night. Warning: an IPad can be addictive.

Cooker Hood Bulb lamp 40w SES 4 pack
Cooker Hood Bulb lamp 40w SES 4 pack
Offered by GoodsWholesaleUK
Price: 1.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected and not very good, 10 April 2014
I previously bought cooker hood bulbs from this company - brand: Long Life Lamp Company - and they proved superb. My cooker hood regularly blows bulbs but this brand has been long lasting. I was slightly disappointed to find this order was bulbs with Homebase brand. I am now extremely disappointed to find two bulbs have blown within days of being fitted especially as the extraction function of the hood has not been in use. The last of my Long Life Lamp Company bulbs was fitted afterwards and I have had no further problems.
I have found the "life" of cook hood bulbs varies from brand to brand despite all having the CE mark.

Murder in the Squire's Pew
Murder in the Squire's Pew
Price: 0.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Typos, Spelling Mistakes and Bad Grammar, 14 Jan 2014
The story is set 1921 London and is quite evocative of its time although I imagine police procedures were more advanced in 1921 than described in the book. The storyline is quite good but the characters are rather wooden. However I have only given the book two stars because the typos, spelling mistakes (call them what you will) along with rather dodgy punctuation and grammar are rather off-putting. I do expect my books to be produced to a reasonable standard and I doubt if this one was edited or proof-checked before going on sale. Whether hard copy or e-book there is no excuse for a sloppy production.

Murderer's Fete: an Inspector Constable murder mystery (The Inspector Constable murder mysteries Book 1)
Price: 0.96

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cozy read, 8 Jan 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Liked the characters and didn't suspect the identity of the murderer as there were plenty red herrings scattered throughout the book. Will certainly read more Inspector Constable books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4