Profile for Jon S > Reviews

Content by Jon S

Jon S

Vermatik 30 watt Electric Bug Insect Killer trap,fly Zapper comes complete with 3 UV tubes
Offered by Futura Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Even worse, on one version I bought the fluorescent "starter" ..., 21 July 2014
I have had a couple of versions of this Fly Zapper previously and they all are most efficient at zapping flies.

However, the fluorescent tubes tend to fail within maybe six months and can be difficult to replace. Even worse, on one version I bought the fluorescent "starter" failed and there was absolutely no way that I could find to get into the electronics area of the zapper to replace the starter. A hopeless design that I had to return for a full refund. (Irritating, but thank you Amazon for providing an excellent returns service.)

This latest zapper from "Futura" is the first model that I have had which comes with a spare fluorescent tube, and even more important an instruction leaflet that explains how to open up the zapper if and when necessary.

In my opinion this is a vast improvement on other similar zappers I have bought!

Belkin SurgeMaster, 4-Way, Essential Protection - Home Appliances, 2m Cable
Belkin SurgeMaster, 4-Way, Essential Protection - Home Appliances, 2m Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 20 Oct. 2011
Whilst - as with most Belkin products - I am sure it is superb at what it does ........ note that it is not designed for UK 13-amp plugs and sockets!

So for my purposes in the UK it is of no use at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2012 1:33 PM GMT

Galt Super Marble Run
Galt Super Marble Run
Offered by Just Childsplay

5.0 out of 5 stars Galt Super Marble Run, 14 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
An excellent toy - and this super set includes four items (not in the basic set) which are particularly good fun for young children. If you buy two super sets you can build even better and bigger constructions!
Our grandchildren love this toy.

Galt Toys Marble Run
Galt Toys Marble Run
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Toy, 14 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Galt Toys Marble Run (Toy)
This is a superb toy for young children. Our own children 30 years ago had a similar set which gave them endless joy, and now our grandchildren enjoy the marble runs just as much. We bought both a basic set and the larger set for our grandchildren. If we were starting again, we would now buy one or two of the larger sets rather than the basic set. The larger set includes four items that are particularly good fun, but which are not included in the basic set.