Profile for Jendo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Brabantia Bin Liner H, 40-50 Litre - 30 Bags
Brabantia Bin Liner H, 40-50 Litre - 30 Bags

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, a little expensive, 5 Oct 2014
I'm a convert to these bags and I don't even have a Brabantia bin.
They're sturdy, very strong and don't tear as you lift them out of the bin.
I've also used them for storing some things in the loft and they're handy being white as you can write on the outside.
They're a little on the expensive side but worth it I think.

Slimline Quaddie Pink
Slimline Quaddie Pink

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty unimpressed, 5 Oct 2014
I bought two of these for school lunches but they're now in the back of the cupboard.
They can't fit apples/pears/larger oranges/nectarines in the bottom only pretty small fruit and yoghurt pots are also too large to fit so instead I chopped up some fruit and added it to yoghurt and put in the top clipped tray. Yoghurt had leaked all over the schoolbags by the time we got to school. Another day I out in salad in the top with a little dressing and again the dressing leaked. So it's useful only for dry ingredients and flat sandwiches. To be honest the ordinary (and much cheaper) kids lunch bags are a lot more flexible so I've gone back to them.

Thermos 290 ml Floral Funtainer Food Flask, Pink
Thermos 290 ml Floral Funtainer Food Flask, Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely design, nice size, a little expensive, 5 Oct 2014
This is the 2nd of these little pots I've bought. I think they're great for school lunches. I regularly use mine to send in stews, soups, pasta etc and it works very well. You do need to put boiling water in it for a few minutes before you add the food otherwise the heat won't be retained and we tend to make sure the food is absolutely piping hot as it goes in. My daughter tells me it's always nicely warm by lunchtime. I think it loses some heat as we don't have it totally full. We also sometimes use it with corn on the cob or something like that inside that just needs kept warm.
My only gripe is it's quite expensive. But it's been pretty durable, we've had our first one 3 years now.

B Stackadoos Building Blocks
B Stackadoos Building Blocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, great quality, good storage, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: B Stackadoos Building Blocks (Toy)
These are lovely stickle bricks, good quality, nice range of pieces and durable. They were bought for my 2 year old's birthday and he loves them. In fact the whole family loves them - as I write this review my 6 year old is building a princess castle from them, the 4 year old has made a sled and my youngest tells me he has built a lolly!
The sturdy box they came in is great for storage and they are light enough that a 2 year old can lift and carry round by the handle.
A lovely, well made toy which is going to get great use.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

3.0 out of 5 stars First half was gripping... Then it seemed to run out of steam, 10 Aug 2014
I was pretty disappointed in this book. The reviews sounded fantastic and I hadn't read any spoilers, only that there was a big twist.
I really enjoyed the first half of the book as the plot and "twist" unfolded. I thought it was very engaging and I wanted to figure out more. But the second half didn't seem to lend anything new, we'd unravelled the plot and then the book just seemed to meander and go nowhere. I kept waiting for the big moment/big ending/startling revelation but it never got there.
In my view an excellent start, clever idea that just petered out. Shame.

Children Storage Box Ottoman Bed Folding Stool Under Lid Toy Padded Seat Kid (Ambulance)

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as good quality to similar on sale here, 16 Jun 2014
I bought a couple of these for my kids room, all on Amazon, but they seem to be sold by different sellers. The Fire Truck version of this we bought was fantastically solid with an easy fit, well padded lid. This one is different - the lid actually is wider at its top edges than at the bottom where it fits over the box and the lid sides aren't rigid so this means its a very tight fit to get on. It's too tight for my younger children to get back on themselves. The overall box is just slightly flimsier than the other one we bought and the padded lid a bit thinner. Not bad but I'd recommend the Fire Truck one more highly if you're only buying one!

MAGNET Expert Ltd 19 x 30mm Assorted Large Fruity Skittle Magnets for office and Fridge (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars These are spot on, strong, bright, do the job, 16 Jun 2014
These magnets are great, I find they work perfectly with our metal noticeboard. I don't imagine they would hold the 14 sheets of A4 claimed in the article but I've pinned 5 or 6 sheets up with them just fine. They're also large and bright and look nice in our kitchen.

I noticed the reviews that don't rate them are all for glass fronted noticeboards so perhaps needs direct magnetic contact, but for our noticeboard and our fridge, they're perfect 6 months on and I'm now ordering a second set.

Eddingtons Twisty Pegs
Eddingtons Twisty Pegs

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, durable, easy to use, one part, great for travel, 5 Jun 2014
Bought these a few years ago for a camping holiday where they took up less space for travel. Now use them for all my washing and have just bought another set now that I have a much longer washing line.

They are pretty much indestructible. They slide on easily but hold well and I've used them for things as small as baby gros and kids clothes up to duvet covers and sheets and they hold them all.

They're also bright enough that if you drop any you can spot them in the grass quick enough.

Good pegs, slightly pricey but worth it as I'm sure I would have had several replacements of many other types before now.

LeapFrog LeapReader World Map (Works with Tag)
LeapFrog LeapReader World Map (Works with Tag)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, great value, 31 May 2014
I think this is just fantastic! It is two sided with one a basic countries of the world with borders and the other more about culture and people and animals. My 6 year old could spend hours with this and enjoys playing the interactive games. She's just stating to get a feel for the locations. My 4 year old loves all the animals and learning about the children from around the world.
Great product and I can see it being used for many years to come.

Helix Ringbinder Pencil Case Nylon PVC 225x150mm Assorted
Helix Ringbinder Pencil Case Nylon PVC 225x150mm Assorted
Offered by K Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these, very handy, 31 May 2014
These are a great find, if only I'd had them years ago at school and uni!

We use for them for my kids to have their own colouring pens at the front of a lever arch file that they store their art stuff in after they have made/coloured in. I then have another file with scissors and glue at the front and all the uncoloured pages behind them.
Great idea.