Profile for R. Shears > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
100 MARBLES - MOVIE
100 MARBLES - MOVIE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 100 MARBLES - MOVIE (Toy)
I needed marbles that weren't glass (Safety). These fit the bill. They are round (thankfully) and marble like. Naturally a little lighter than a glass marble.

Gardman 40cm Plant Sticks (Pack of 25)
Gardman 40cm Plant Sticks (Pack of 25)
Offered by Pet Connection

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticks, 6 Nov. 2013
I'm struggling to get excited about sticks that you put in the ground to stop plants from falling over. These sticks do it reasonably well, but they are a little on the bendy side for some applications.

500 White Plastic Teaspoons Plastic Cutlery Ideal for Parties Picnics etc
500 White Plastic Teaspoons Plastic Cutlery Ideal for Parties Picnics etc
Offered by Sugarhut

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 6 Nov. 2013
The spoons are good value, the only criticism here is that they are a little on the brittle side. However they perform the task of stirring a cup of tea well. Not ideal for thick yoghurts though, so if you are taking 500 cub scouts on camp you might want to consider something else (along with having your head examined).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2014 6:56 PM GMT

5 Star Rubber Bands No.16 Each 63x1.5mm [Bag 0.454kg]
5 Star Rubber Bands No.16 Each 63x1.5mm [Bag 0.454kg]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 6 Nov. 2013
Good value for money and the bands are well elastic bands, I can't get too excited but they do the job as well as any other rubber.

Kindle Paperwhite (5th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought for wife, 6 Nov. 2013
And she loves it. Best present I could have brought her. I benefit from not having to have the bedroom light on, or the rustling when turning pages.
Battery lasts about 6 weeks.

Casio WV-58U-1AVEF Wave Ceptor Men's Resin Strap Digital Watch
Casio WV-58U-1AVEF Wave Ceptor Men's Resin Strap Digital Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 6 Nov. 2013
Good value for money, and always the right time. Sits comfortable on the wrist. The back light is good. Whats not to like.

Kingston Technology 16GB DataTraveler  USB 2 GE9 DTGE9/16GB with Gold Metal Casing
Kingston Technology 16GB DataTraveler USB 2 GE9 DTGE9/16GB with Gold Metal Casing

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that fast, but reliable., 6 Nov. 2013
It's not the fastest of USB sticks. I'd place the speed about average. I will say that they are well made. I like the look and feel. Excellent value for money.

DrayTek Vigor 120 - DSL modem - external - Fast Ethernet [PC]
DrayTek Vigor 120 - DSL modem - external - Fast Ethernet [PC]
Offered by PixelHeaven

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, stable internet, 6 Nov. 2013
Having given up on my Home Hub 3 (rebooting it once a week) I got this to use with my Apple AirPort Express, not rebooted or thought about it since.

Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Required!, 6 Nov. 2013
I wish apple included this with the Macbook because it is required. Whilst the built in wifi is great (it performs better than most other laptops in this area) however when copying large files (bluray renders from Final Cut Pro for instance) you need that extra bandwidth.
The down side is that I need to unplug one of my 27inch monitors to use it, if only there was a cheap thunderbolt hub.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 9:15 PM GMT

Apple ME665B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (16GB RAM, 512GB Flash Drive)
Offered by Citadel_09

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop I've owned, 6 Nov. 2013
This is by far the best I've owned and used (and working in IT for my adult life there have been a few pass by me).
The keyboard is good to use, not quite as perfect as the USB apple keyboard but being back lit makes up for it.
It's faster at rendering my Final Cut Pro projects than my 27' iMac (2011).
The screen... erm, just WOW and now that a lot of apps are taking advantage of it makes owning one make more sense.
Battery life whilst running Mavericks is impressive, typically I'm getting 6 to 8 hours.
Sadly dropping into windows drops this down to about 3 to 4 hours.
I just wish it had a third (or even a fourth) USB socket. I have to keep my USB 3 hub at hand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8