Profile for R. Shears > Reviews

Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised Biscuits Pack of 300
Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised Biscuits Pack of 300
Price: 12.68

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, 6 Nov 2013
Biscuits at home. I love these and have one with a cuppa every morning so it's great to buy in bulk.

Corsair CMSA16GX3M2A1333C9 Apple Mac 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1333Mhz CL9 Apple Certified SODIMM Kit
Price: 121.12

5.0 out of 5 stars iMac - 32gb, 6 Nov 2013
I've got two of these and replaced my 2x2gb RAM with 4x8gb in my iMac 27' (2011), yes it's not supported by Apple, but i've been using my iMac without any issues for several months in this configuration.
Having the extra RAM really helps with Final Cut Pro and running Windows in a VM.
When installing I ran a full MemTest86 test (by PassMark) to check the RAM and no issues were identified.

The Mobee Magic Bar Charger for Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Trackpad
The Mobee Magic Bar Charger for Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Trackpad
Price: 27.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe the batteries., 6 Nov 2013
A single charge lasts a long time, it works well. Just a shame I can't just by a second battery (or have the option to purchase one charger with two batteries) for the trackpad. But will be purchasing another one soon as they really are good value for money. They look good in front of the iMac.

2 Metre Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt (Mini DP) to DVI-D Cable Adapter for Apple Mac / PC - Gold Plated Connectors
Offered by Akord Technologies Ltd
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and reliable, 6 Nov 2013
I've got two monitors attached to my iMac at work attached to the two thunderbolt ports. The picture is clear and runs at 1080p without issue.
I probably did not need 2m length for the monitor on the right but nice to have the option to move it further away should the situation require.

Satechi 12 Port USB Hub with UK Power Adapter only & 2 Control Switches
Satechi 12 Port USB Hub with UK Power Adapter only & 2 Control Switches

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 6 Nov 2013
I had a problem with my hackintosh not initialising the bluetooth dongle correctly on occasion, so having the on off switches makes life easier. Probably not the usual application for this good and inexpensive usb hub. It works a lot better than the six (some of them a lot more expensive) hubs that I've had to send back because they have broken.
I've been that impressed with it I brought another one for work to save bending down behind the computer to plug things in.

Just a little note, the usb port on the end can charge my iPhone but it does not seem get seen by the computer. It's probably by design and not a fault and is what I want when charging my iPhone without iTunes popping up every time I connect it.

Contour Design ShuttleXpress - Black
Contour Design ShuttleXpress - Black
Offered by Fashion 4 Tech
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for final cut pro, 6 Nov 2013
The only draw back with this is having to remember to start the software (or automate loading it like I've finally done).
Makes editing movies in Final Cut Pro so much easier. Your workflow will be a lot faster and easier than using the mouse/trackpad.
If you don't want to splash out for it's big brother then go for this.

KanaaN Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter for Apple MacBook, Macbook Pro, MacBook Air - Supports New Thunderbolt Port
Offered by Leicke Distributor Germany
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Problems resolved., 6 Nov 2013
Brought this as I was having issues with my Mac Mini being really slow in screen sharing because the Mac is headless (no monitor attached). It's a known issue with the mac mini because the graphics driver does not get loaded and therefore the graphics acceleration does not happen. I brought this, inserted a resistor and now can remote into my mini without the painful lag.

If you have the same issue try searching google for "Build a Dummy Dongle for a headless Mac mini"
Basically get a 85ohm resistor and insert into pins 1 and 6.
I'm sure it works well when connecting a VGA monitor but have not tested that.

150 Table Tennis Balls in Orange
150 Table Tennis Balls in Orange
Offered by Macallen Importers
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs., 6 Nov 2013
Only four stars? Well they are not the best of quality, so if you are looking for professional ping pong balls you might need to look a little bit more. However for my application they fit the bill and budget.

Tube Of Plastic Marbles
Tube Of Plastic Marbles

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tube Of Plastic Marbles (Toy)
I needed marbles that weren't glass (Safety). These fit the bill. They are round (thankfully) and marble like. Naturally a little lighter than a glass marble.

Gardman 40cm Plant Sticks (Pack of 25)
Gardman 40cm Plant Sticks (Pack of 25)
Offered by Crowders
Price: 3.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticks, 6 Nov 2013
I'm struggling to get excited about sticks that you put in the ground to stop plants from falling over. These sticks do it reasonably well, but they are a little on the bendy side for some applications.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6