Profile for R. Shears > Reviews

Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair
Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair
Offered by Sewell Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the slightly fatter cable., 6 Nov 2013
I like these Banana plugs, they keep the back of the amp/speakers tidy, fit all the cables I have. Admittedly I did have to trim my 200 strand flatbed QED speaker cables to fit but 79 strand QED Silver fits perfectly.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hackintosh, 6 Nov 2013
Perfect for your hackintosh build. No need to find a kext. Just plug it into a free PCI Express slot, turn on your fake Mac and browse the web etc.
It does not suffer from signal loss like other WiFi adapters I've had to endure.

Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse
Offered by RB Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for games, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Apple Magic Mouse (Accessory)
Start with the negative, it's not very good when playing games. Right clicking is a bit hit and miss when running around and you can't right click at the same time as left click.
It is however fantastic for productivity tools. Browsing the web is a breeze, fast scrolling by flicking the back becomes second nature.
Scrolling to the left and right just works flawlessly.

The only downside is then you go back to a Windows machine with a standard mouse and you feel restricted, frustrated and want to scream at MS for how they have messed up the scrolling.

Texet A4 Laminator
Texet A4 Laminator

5.0 out of 5 stars It laminates, 6 Nov 2013
Can't really fault it, place paper in laminate sleeve, feed into the laminator, it auto feeds and comes out laminated. That's kinda what I wanted and it does it well. Heat up time is not too bad.
I love the smell of melted plastic in the morning.

Acer Iconia B1 7-inch Tablet (Black) (Dual Core A9 1.2GHz, 512MB RAM, 8GB eMMC, Camera, Wi-Fi, BT, Android 4.1)
Offered by Digital Components Ltd (dclstore)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 6 Nov 2013
Ok so it's no iPad Mini, but for my son to use for browsing and playing angry birds it fits the bill nicely.
The screen is bright and clear. Viewing angles are not the best but adequate. The processor is reasonably fast, the sound quality from the in-built speaker is a bit of a joke and the camera a bit of a waste of time.

Toshiba HDWC130EW3J1 Stor.E Canvio 3TB USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black/White
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 6 Nov 2013
The drives might not be the fastest available but they are fast enough for normal tasks. I've even used them for editing video using Final cut pro without issue.

7" inch Ultra thin SANEI n77 fashion 3D allwinner a13 cpu 8GB HDD Android 4.0.4 (Latest Ice Cream Sandwich) PC capacitive multi - touch 5 point screen 1.2 GHZ OTG WIFI 3G Tablet PC Supports Flash 11 by LélikTec (Power Adaptor NOT INCLUDED)
Offered by BLONG-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Screen, 6 Nov 2013
It's slow, the screen is not that good. But it is good value for money, but you will wish you'd spent a bit more and got something better.

WD My Book Live Duo Personal Cloud Storage 6TB NAS Drive with RAID Mirroring
WD My Book Live Duo Personal Cloud Storage 6TB NAS Drive with RAID Mirroring

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 6 Nov 2013
I use it for backups and as a media streamer. The timemachine side is slow so if you are considering using it for that then save yourself some grief and just go for a proper apple Time Machine. The media streamer is ok but some films just don't play on my Sony TV, so I now run Plex.
As a storage server it's fine and fast. I don't know why the Time Machine part is so slow. The iTunes server part works without issue.

Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM AH IPS 27 inch Widescreen Monitor with LED
Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM AH IPS 27 inch Widescreen Monitor with LED
Offered by NG Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor - 4.5 stars, 6 Nov 2013
I could not afford to go for a Apple 27', so went for one of these as a partner to my MacBook Pro. It's a great screen.

I have now noticed one dead pixel on the panel and would drop half a star for this (thankfully I don't really notice it in everyday use).

One issue is the USB 3 hub, whilst a great addition, sadly the monitor turns it off when the monitor goes into standby mode. This is a problem when you have drives or keyboard connected to it, so I don't use it that much (a shame but I'll not knock a star off because it's still useful to have).

The picture quality is faultless. View angle is great. It goes a lot brighter than I actually need. Black levels are good. Colour gambit is superb (for me, I use it for video editing but not photo publishing so do listen to experts for this area).
Watching films and playing games are fantastic.

Avery Personal Photo and Paper Trimmer Cutting Length 305mm Capacity 5x 80gsm Area 477x232mm A4 Ref TR002

4.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 6 Nov 2013
A good little cutter for A4 paper. I just wish the guide was a little clearer as I occasionally miss cut, admittedly this is when I rush.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6