Profile for R. Shears > Reviews

Content by R. Shears

R. Shears (Exeter)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Perixx DX-1000XXL, Gaming Mouse Pad - 900x440x3mm Dimension - Non-slip Rubber base - Special Treated Textured Weave

5.0 out of 5 stars Large and useful Mouse Matt that has a great surface., 3 Sep 2014
Great mouse matt. Might be too large for most people but for my use this is perfect. So much so I brought myself one for work.
It's great not running out of matt when dragging files around when you have 3 2560 x 1440 screens side by side.

Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77-DS3H Motherboard
Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77-DS3H Motherboard
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Hackintosh motherboard of choice, 16 Jan 2014
This is one of the best motherboards if you plan to create a hackintosh (Mac osx running without the Apple hardware (or price)). Very reliable (not that great if you are looking to overclock though).

IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter, GBU521W6
IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter, GBU521W6
Offered by THIL TRADING

5.0 out of 5 stars Hackintosh, 16 Jan 2014
Ok so I needed a cheap Mac for processor intensive tasks, having an iMac and MacBook Pro I know how expensive they are and therefore for a background server that is just going to render final cut pro projects in the background when budget was tight I cheated and made myself a Hackintosh, the only thing I could not get to work on the motherboard was WiFi and Bluetooth.
This little dongle solved the Bluetooth issue and is great (and stable).

Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm
Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, 16 Jan 2014
Well it is hard to get excited about a bending arm for a monitor. But if you are in the market for one and money is not the major of concerns then this is by far the best one I have come across.
It gripes the table edge well, with several adjustments so that most if not all tables can be accommodated, it can also be modified to use a hole instead.
The range of motion that it offers is the best available. and you can tension the arm to suite your monitor (Yes it works with a 27 inch iMac.

Gigaset L410 Hands-Free Belt Clip for Cordless Phones
Gigaset L410 Hands-Free Belt Clip for Cordless Phones
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 hour conversations, 16 Jan 2014
Sadly on occasion a family member phones. When they do, sadly I know that I'm not going to get that 2+ hours of my life back.
However now when said person phones I grab this little device, clip it to my shirt and can carry on doing tasks whilst talking to them (By which I mean grunt at the appropriate moments).
Sound quality is good for both parties. Volume is not a problem.

[Support UASP SATA III, Optimized For SSD] Inateck USB 3.0 Hard Drives Docking Station for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch SATA HDD (SATA I / II / III), Including USB 3.0 Cable and External Power Supply 12V 2A, Comaptible with Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8(32/64-bit),Mac OS 10.8.4, Tool-Free
Offered by Inateck

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame it does not look as good as my IceBox, 16 Jan 2014
I had an Icebox usb 2 before that has served me well. This time the icebox was out of stock and I was in a rush which is why I opted for this one. Being usb 3 it was not much of a surprise to find out it's faster. But it really does shine when plugging in an SSD drive, yes it took me in shock to find out that bit was not just a gimmick.
I've dropped a star because it does not look that nice, The Icebox looking a lot better in aluminium that matched my iMac.

Gigaset SL910A 3.2 inch Premium Touchscreen Cordless Telephone with Integrated Answering Machine - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 Jan 2014
I have only a couple of gripes, the biggest of which is the ringer volume, this is far far far too quiet and have missed telephone calls quite frequently, the other minor gripes are that photos don't resize correctly when showing who is phoning (could be fixed in future software update maybe) and the Bluetooth sync software is poor.
Ignoring these problems the phone is great to use. It's got good battery life, and the battery is replaceable (and cheap to replace should the need arise). I've also got it paired with the optional headset, which is great when a family member talks for hours.

It feels great in the hand, has a great weight to it. Looks good. Can show you a picture of who's calling (if you can work out how to resize the image to make it look good). It has all the features you could wish for in a phone.

Fisual S-Flex Mini 1m 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack Cable
Fisual S-Flex Mini 1m 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack Cable
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose SoundLink Mini, 16 Jan 2014
Use it with my Bose SoundLink Mini to attach to the TV in the bedroom or the windows laptop (As it's Bluetooth Audio is rubbish and keeps dropping). The cable is tangle resistant and sound quality is fine for this kind of setup (Have not tried with my Audiophile hi-fi in lounge, but then I would select a different cable for that kind of configuration).

1m 2m 3m Flat Noodle Micro USB Long Colour USB Data Sync Cable Charger Samsung HTC Blackberry Pink Blue White Black Orange Red Yellow Purple Green By Digital Save (2 Meter, Red)
Offered by Digital Save UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but great value, 16 Jan 2014
They don't look cheap or tacky work well and don't tangle (Disclaimer: maybe if you really try). With the lengths too suit, I have one in the car, an extra long one by the bed so that I can charge my phone whilst reading in bed, and an even longer one in the office so that it's hidden away behind the desk popping out near were I have my phone whilst pretending to work.

VB 'White' High Powered Dual USB Port Car Charger
VB 'White' High Powered Dual USB Port Car Charger
Offered by VB Bargains

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks a little tacky, 16 Jan 2014
It works well. Just looks a little cheap, but then it is. It's so far been more reliable than the Belkin one that I brought at over x5 the price of this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7