Profile for Tony > Reviews

Drop Dead Gorgeous
Drop Dead Gorgeous
by Wayne Simmons

1.0 out of 5 stars Drop dead bored, 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Drop Dead Gorgeous (Paperback)
What can I say? Though not a long book I had a very tough time in getting through it, the first 2/3rds with nothing really original after seeing tv series like Survivors or The Walking Dead or reading other zombie books and Stephen King novels (for example the much abused character of the preacher was a real let down for what should have been such an original take on the apocalyptic genre).

In the very last third of the book the worst: zombie, but only female ones! take a vengeance on their offenders (and here horror borders on morbidity) but will also take an interest in other people at random except (but here the logic defies me) in selected cases they will ignore the potential victim... always switching their eyes like semaphore lights...
Only thing I know for sure is that some of the people suddenly dropping dead were probably reading this book.

The Pacific: Complete HBO Series [Blu-ray][2010]
The Pacific: Complete HBO Series [Blu-ray][2010]
Dvd ~ Joe Mazzello

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny spent, 3 April 2011
I am a big fan of BoB and in general of war book and movies. I think there are mainly two kind of books/DVD sets: the ones where you check how much is remaining because you just want them to end soon and the ones were you are actually worried because there is not much left to go. The Pacific belongs to the latter category and I was truly sad when I realized the last was a special features disc and I was watching the last episode.
Superb picture and sound made combat scenes among the best ever seen, but I found also very entertaining episodes away from the battle theater like in Australia or back at home in the US as they provided some glimpse of what life was like in that period for soldiers and civilians alike.