Profile for Lucylu > Reviews

Content by Lucylu

Lucylu "Lulu" (UK - W Sussex)

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyful, 4 Aug. 2014
A joyful and insightful tale, and wonderful characterisation of the main character. At times sad but overall a happy and hopeful story, excellently written

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
by Graeme Simsion

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you know about AS, 4 Aug. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this because I happen to live with someone with Aspergers so had personal insight into the strange ways in which they behave. I therefore found it moving and funny but couldn't say to what extent someone without personal experience of the syndrome would find it. Give it a try and see.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
by Jonas Jonasson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Aug. 2014
One of the best books I have read in a very long time. Beautifully told, a novel which will have you laughing, crying and wondering at the brilliance of the story telling. I would recommend this to anyone.

Magnetic Magic Door Mesh Bug Fly Insect Mosquito Screen Fastening Black Curtain Shopmonk
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripping, 31 July 2014
Not good. The edges tore within a week, rendering the whole thing useless. Will buy something more expensive next time.

edc by ESPRIT 993CC1C900 Women's Shorts Drummers White Size 10
edc by ESPRIT 993CC1C900 Women's Shorts Drummers White Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab flattering shorts, 24 Jan. 2014
These shorts are really well made with lovely detailing. I bought them because I'd put on weight and needed shorts for my holiday. The best bit is that they're really well fitting and make me look as slim as I was before!! Highly recommend.

Waiting For The Barbarians
Waiting For The Barbarians
by J M Coetzee

2.0 out of 5 stars Yawn, 17 Nov. 2013
Call me a heathen. It I just got. Ores with this book and the main character so didn't finish it. Enough said really.

Fly London Women's Stif Brown Flats P141941001 5 UK
Fly London Women's Stif Brown Flats P141941001 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Much admired!, 17 Nov. 2013
The boots look as good, if not better than the online shot. Several friends are various shades of green with envy. What's more, they are really comfortable. My only slight criticism is that the straps work loose very quickly and are surprisingly difficult to tighten. It actually doesn't particularly bother me but it might some. Otherwise I'm thrilled.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2014 2:41 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurrah. Can't get it elsewhere, 17 Aug. 2013
Love this stuff and have used it for some time. But now can't find it in Boots, Tesco etc so fear it may have been discontinued. In which case I'll be back for more!

How to Knit
How to Knit
by Claire Crompton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter kit, 7 April 2013
This review is from: How to Knit (Hardcover)
I hadn't knitted for years and had never been accomplished so needed a simple but complete guide to get me started again. Tis collection of books isi exactly what the doctor ordered. Everything from casting on right through simple knits to some lovely stitch patterns for when you're feeling more confident. I recommend it highly.