Profile for Matty > Reviews

Content by Matty

Matty "Matty" (Norfolk, UK.)

AXIS® Luxury Quad Automatic 4 Watch Winder Rotator Piano Black and Red Finish
AXIS® Luxury Quad Automatic 4 Watch Winder Rotator Piano Black and Red Finish

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 8 Jan. 2015
On the plus side it appears to be a quality item, very quiet in operation and well finished. It is quite large but I'd previously measured up a space to place it in. On the down side there were no instructions with it which made me think that maybe it was a return. However, I logged on to this site which explains fully which operating mode does what. All in all I'm pleased with it and I'd have given it five stars had the instructions been enclosed. And, oh... It keeps my watches wound!

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Improvement on the original Kindle, 8 Nov. 2014
Really good, a great improvement on my original Kindle. Much easier and quicker.

Two Sides of Hell - They Spent Weeks Killing Each Other, Now Soldiers From Both Sides of The Falklands War Tell Their Story

5.0 out of 5 stars The other side of the story..., 22 Sept. 2014
I read Vince Bramley`s original book on the Falklands action many years back and it was very enlightening to read this one and get the story from the Argentine point of view.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2014 10:34 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive bike bible., 22 Sept. 2014
Being `Old School` I am sometimes in need of information that is not generally available but this book has been of great help in helping me maintain the more modern pieces of bike kit that I have.

Park Tool Cone Spanner -
Park Tool Cone Spanner -
Offered by Laxzo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 22 Sept. 2014
Quality tools. I`ve a collection of various Park Tools and consider them worth the extra few bob!

Nikon Coolpix S9500 - Red + Case and 8GB Memory Card (18.1MP, 22x Optical Zoom) 3 inch OLED screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality compact camera, 12 Jan. 2014
Compact, quality, lightweight camera. Nicely made with an attractive finish. Bought for my wife as her Nkon SLR was a bit too bulky for everyday carrying around.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile extractor fan, 12 Jan. 2014
Nice compact fan, takes a bit of studying of the instructions to determine which mode to configure the wiring setup.

The Ace Cafe Then and Now
The Ace Cafe Then and Now
by Winston G. Ramsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace Cafe, Then and Now, 13 Feb. 2011
Absolutely Ace! All the more poignant for me as I lived close to the "Ace" back in the '60s, didn't own a motorcycle then (I was a Mod!) but I can remember having to wind my Vespa GS up to max.. 50mph? as I approached the Ace so as to avoid the saucers that were "frisbied" in my direction! Good read for those who can remember the '60s.

JJC replacement Canon ET-67B Lens Hood for CANON EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
JJC replacement Canon ET-67B Lens Hood for CANON EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Lens Hood ET-67B, 13 Feb. 2011
I had reservations about buying this non genuine accessory but at the price it was worth a shot, however, I am very satisfied with this lenshood and it is quite sturdily constructed. I would recommend it.

4YourHome DC07/DC14 Dyson Replacement Post Motor HEPA Filter, Purple
4YourHome DC07/DC14 Dyson Replacement Post Motor HEPA Filter, Purple

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Post Motor Filter, 13 Feb. 2011
Bought it because it was cheaper than Dyson genuine part and seemed good value for money. However, it's not quite dimensionally the same as an original Dyson replacement. After fitting the filter the machine started to emit loud shrieking noises whilst in use. Had to call out the Dyson man who pinpointed the problem immediately. Vacuum air being drawn through the loose filter/filter housing faces causing a noise like a strangled cat. Fitted genuine Dyson part and problem solved.