Profile for ECD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Le Creuset Screwpull PM-110 Classic Pocket Model Corkscrew, Black
Le Creuset Screwpull PM-110 Classic Pocket Model Corkscrew, Black
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars which made it even better. But it is our favourite, 27 July 2014
the original version had a foil cutter attached, which made it even better. But it is our favourite, easy to use corkscrew. Be careful with the new synthetic corks, though. Our original version broke while we were trying to get one of these monsters out of a bottle - but its a problem with alot of corkscrews, not just this one, and it shouldn't put anyone off buying one. I like it because its easier to push the handle round and round than to twist with your fingers, especially if you have arthritic or weak hands.

Philips Master LED 12V 10W Warm White 36 Degrees Dimmable
Philips Master LED 12V 10W Warm White 36 Degrees Dimmable
Offered by The Light Bulb Shop
Price: 25.85

4.0 out of 5 stars expensive but worth it, 20 Sep 2013
It is difficult to find dimmable LEDs to replace halogen bulbs so we were very pleased to find these. They save money on electricity and hopefully will last as long as they say they will.

Rayovac 312 Hearing Aid Battery 10-Packs of 6 cells
Rayovac 312 Hearing Aid Battery 10-Packs of 6 cells
Offered by Hearing Direct
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars work well..., 20 Sep 2013
...but some of them run out very quickly, which is very annoying and means you always have to carry spare batteries with you.

International AC Home Wall Charger suitable for the Sandisk Sansa Fuze - 10W Charge supports wall outlets and voltages worldwide - Uses Gomadic Brand TipExchange
Offered by Gomadic UK
Price: 20.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 20 Sep 2013
I was in France when my MP3 battery ran out and my charger didn't work. I got online and ordered the Gomatic charger to be sent to a friend's address in the french town I was staying in. It arrived quickly and worked perfectly.

My Trusty Little Sunflower Moisturiser Cream - Unscented (100ml)
My Trusty Little Sunflower Moisturiser Cream - Unscented (100ml)
Offered by My Trusty Little Sunflower Cream
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A success from the NHS, 20 Sep 2013
it sinks into the skin so quickly and my husband and stepdaughter, who both have dry skin issues, are very pleased with the results they are getting. I shall buy more and pass (some of) it on to more friends and family. It is well priced and deserves to be a success

Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: 24.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A cult I'm happy to belong to, 20 Sep 2013
I had heard so much about this that I finally gave in and bought it. I'm only a few episodes in but other peoples' references to Twin Peaks and Tarantino are completely accurate. It is so imaginative and beautifully photographed.

I shall definitely be buying Season 5 to complete the story.

House of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
House of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by Shop4World
Price: 17.33

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasure!, 19 Sep 2013
The original House of Cards is a classic of British TV and this is one of the most successful transfers to an American setting that I have seen. The basic story of political ambition and the ruthless behaviour that it engenders is brought up to date and the actors make the most of a superb script that cracks along and makes it impossible to watch only one episode at a time. There's so much going on that its a pleasure to watch again and notice little details you missed on a first viewing.

In other words - its well worth buying as you'll be watching it over and over again.

Panasonic RP-WF820EB-K FM Wireless Headphones with 100M Range and Battery Charging Stand

3.0 out of 5 stars comfortable but fiddly, 16 Mar 2012
This is just what we needed to watch films or tv in the evening when small grandchildren and their exhausted parents are staying as the spare bedroom is above the living room and the soundproofing between floors is very bad. BUT the tuning and volume controls are quite small and hidden away on the side of the right hand headphone and accessing them and accessing the correct control when wearing the headphones is very difficult. I have often had to take them off to check what I'm doing. So you need to remember to test everything before the film or tv programme starts or you miss some of the soundtrack.The tuning control is above the volume control which seems counter intuitive as its the volume you need to change more often than the tuning and the control for volume is almost at the bottom of the headphone, not where your hand instinctively goes to adjust it - that's where the tuning control is.
Once you get used to it, its fine, but if you only use them occasionally you may have to remind yourself of where the controls are each time you use them.

Shrek Forever After: The Final Chapter (2-Disc Edition) [DVD]
Shrek Forever After: The Final Chapter (2-Disc Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yong Duk Jhun
Price: 20.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with the 2-disc version!, 19 Sep 2011
My granddaughter, aged 7, had seen and liked Shrek Forever After and was very keen to see the 2nd disc- Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular and was expecting another full length proper story and felt cheated by the various bits and pieces on offer - especially Shrek's Yule Log, which turned out to be nothing but that, burning in the grate with the odd character walking in and out at long intervals.
Save money and buy Shrek Forever After on its own.

Cats and Dogs 1 and 2 [DVD] [2010]
Cats and Dogs 1 and 2 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Christina Applegate
Price: 4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much cop, 19 Sep 2011
My granddaughter, aged 7, watched the first film once and then discarded it. She hasn't wanted to view it again, is not interested in watching the 2nd film and never mentions it. I found it a disappointment both technically and as a story - bog standard American rubbish.

Page: 1 | 2