Profile for Jayne Lewis > Reviews

Content by Jayne Lewis

Jayne Lewis "jayne-the -weed" (torfaen, uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Kangaroos Women's Maryport Laced Fabric Grey Ballet C-10135 8 UK
Kangaroos Women's Maryport Laced Fabric Grey Ballet C-10135 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars They're going to last....if they ever leave the house., 27 July 2016
I loved the look of these, but my kid got them from me as they are a lot narrower than the Slazenger or other generic brands. I can't comment on wear - because they haven't gone for a walk yet, but I can tell you I have had another pair of kangaroo canvas shoes for around 10 years now, which I have worn as much as you can wear red canvas shoes with your shorts/denim jeans every summer. They even get a gym workout from time to time and they are still looking good, despite 10 or more spin cycles. Still red and still not worn out......That's why I wanted these! Boo hoo.

FunkyBuys® Deluxe 5 Arm Aluminium 26M Deluxe Wall Mounted Rotary Airer Clothes Line Dryer Wall Fix
Offered by Best deals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think it would suit my small family, but for a lone pensioner or two, its ideal., 27 July 2016
Fitted in 15 minutes and has saved my elderly mother's life potentially. She has a long garden, with "scaffold pole" type line posts - too high for me to consider climbing somehow, and the line wheel/pulley fittings are rusted and stiff. Everytime my elderly mother (83) risked falling trying to reach for the line that kept getting stuck up in the air. Some of her garden was sloping and she risked her health climbing onto a sloping wall (falling face first into the garden once) on a smaller line elsewhere. I wanted a rotary airer, but with her decreasing mobility and steps on the way to the lawn, I thought I'd try this instead. It fits easily between the door and window of the house in the back yard - takes up very little space and folds away easily. Gives loads of room and believe me when I say, if my mother can get the hang of using it, it's really easy to use. I love the fact it folds away so she doesn't walk into it and that it's light enough for her to do herself, with her arthritis and frozen shoulder.

1 Pair New Womens Ladies black patterned tights hosiery 40 Denier One size 8-14 R 12

3.0 out of 5 stars Single use, maybe lucky to use them twice., 27 July 2016
Pretty enough, worn by 11 y.o. to pary, fitted her well, but wouldn't recommend for taller people, just right for my 5'3" daughter. No holes, made it though the school leaving party - but after washing in a "safe" net bag, there are several holes that have revealed themselves on and around the top of legs/crotch area.

Fairy Tail cross necklace blue
Fairy Tail cross necklace blue
Offered by EXQUISITE CARBIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Apparently its amazing and everyone wants one. (In year 6), 27 July 2016
put a smile on my kids face, thats why I like it, but we're a few weeks in, and its starting to go black. The link has come off the cross, so this is directly on the chain now, as reported by my 11yo daughter who had to "fix it herself". It will follow all of the other cheap imports shortly, into the bin when they're not looking.

Slazenger Ladies Canvas Shoes[7,Black]
Slazenger Ladies Canvas Shoes[7,Black]
Offered by Style Discount UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Just don't expect these to last, irrespective of the brand., 27 July 2016
I previously purchase a pair of lookalikes from A leading supermarket (£6) - and didn't get 4 weeks use out of them - the soles wore away after daily wear 5 days a week with not a lot of walking involved. So 20 days and in the bin. Got some from a leading Sports mail order Direct company (£7), rubbish too. Got these expecting a bit more - and although the soles were a little better, the side of the shoe ended up with a hold in near where the sole is affixed in less time.(3 weeks) Now admittedly, these were worn by an 11 year old - but a slow moving, non-sporty type girl, who likes "hanging around- chilling out" as opposed to a "all-out wall climbing football playing, parkour, tree climbing" type. They didn't get anything of a workout, and they were still fit for the bin after 3 weeks. I guess a couple of quid a week for shoes isn't that bad, they were cheap, but that works out as approx £60-70 for the school term. Dont let the kid tell you they want these for school. Buy a pair of DM's.

Weetabix Crispy Minis Banana, 600g
Weetabix Crispy Minis Banana, 600g

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't love it - I hate all things banana, 27 July 2016
Actually, I don't love it - I hate all things banana. But my partner loves all things banana, and all things weetabix, so for him, this is heaven in a box of little tiny snack biscuits. He eats them by the handful with even more bananas and a yogurt every day - and is happy to snack on them instead of nuts, etc,. Good if you're dieting I suppose, as long as you like bananas!

iTALKonline HTC Desire 530 Clear Transparent 6 Pack LCD Screen Protector Guard with MicroFibre Cleaning Cloth and Application Card
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job right!, 27 July 2016
Go on easily, stay on for 6 months +, used on several phones and tablets - always seek this brand now.

Batchelors Deli Box Chow Mein Noodles, 80g
Batchelors Deli Box Chow Mein Noodles, 80g

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect it to look or taste anything like the real thing. But it is in a box. And very cheap., 27 July 2016
Can't say i hate it, but it tastes nothing like my perception of chow mein.

Walkers Thick and Crunchy Oatcakes with Bran, 300g
Walkers Thick and Crunchy Oatcakes with Bran, 300g

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky, tasty and healthy snack., 27 July 2016
Never used to be an oatcake fan. They used to taste like eating cardboard. Not these! They have a really nice oaty taste, not too salty, and the thickness means 3 of these with a topping of some natural chunky peanut butter are very filling.

BodyRip 20kg Tri Grip Weight Plates Dumbbell Set 1" Standard Bars
BodyRip 20kg Tri Grip Weight Plates Dumbbell Set 1" Standard Bars
Offered by Innova Brands Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay put!, 27 July 2016
Cool, flat at the bottom. "Steering wheel style" so you can put your hands through individual ones to use as a safely held single weight for different exercises - you know its not going to slip out of your hands.
Also means they don't roll around on the floor. Particularly useful to me as I have memories of one dumbell rolling away on my bedroom floor, straight into a mirrored wardrobe door - long before the advent of IKEA - so a replacement mirrored door wasn't a possibility like it is today. And that crack wasn't nice. At least these stay where you put them.
No problems with the locking nuts, spare one was included in pack - not sure if it was intended or accidental as i was expecting 4 not 5. Everything seems as it should be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11