Profile for R Stillman > Reviews

Content by R Stillman

R Stillman

Page: 1 | 2
IDme safety identity wristband (Yellow)
IDme safety identity wristband (Yellow)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for our travel needs, 19 Jun 2013
We bought two of these for our 4-yr old son and 2-yr old daughter to wear during our trip to Disney Paris. They were excited to wear their "special" bracelets the first day, but started to complain that they itched/hurt their wrists. The edging of these are a bit stiff and would rub their skin. Our solution was to put them on their ankles, over their socks. We told them if they ever got lost from us, to point to their ankle bracelets. Although the Velcro was quite strong, our 2-yr old was able to pull it off when she wanted to.

If anyone with larger wrists planned to use these, the Velcro side that would rub against your wrist (if not exactly lined up with the opposite Velcro side, which would be the case on larger wrists) would be the hard scratchy side. So this works well for little kids, but not a solution for adults, in my opinion.

Casdon 610 Toy Dyson DC14
Casdon 610 Toy Dyson DC14

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 year old son LOVES this, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Casdon 610 Toy Dyson DC14 (Toy)
We bought this for our 4-year old son who is in love with anything mechanical. The first day he had it, he played with it literally ALL day. We had to replace the batteries after the 2nd day, because he used it so much.

We took tissue paper (that you'd use in gifts) and cut up tiny squares for him to vacuum up. He'd vacuum them up, empty the bin, and then vacuum them all over again. There were a few times we realized the paper was getting clogged and we just had to blow into the suction handle to clear the blockage. Our son thought it was fun and it became part of his cleaning routine to "clear the blockage".

Stv STV229 Window Fly Screen
Stv STV229 Window Fly Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Works beautifully, 19 Jun 2013
I bought this as a solution to the windows in a home we are renting. I am from the U.S. and find it odd that homes here do not have bug screens on them. After having two LARGE bees fly into my house within 2 days, I decided to put in my own screens. This worked great for the price. The sticky back of the Velcro started to peel off after a few hours of putting on the netting. I even waited the full time recommended on the instructions after putting the Velcro strips on the window frames, before applying the netting. On the test window I started with, I just applied a dot of super glue in the corners to fix this. I tried to get the netting nice and tight across the window, and I imagine if I didn't try to get it so tight, but left some give, I think the Velcro sticky tape may have held just fine. Breezes pushing on the screen probably just added additional stress.

I have since purchase other Velcro that comes in a large round reel that works much better. So between the two, I've found a great solution to my anti-bug needs.

NOTE: I recall reading one of the reviews that stated the netting wouldn't stay stuck to the screen. The instructions recommend you use a brush with bristles to adhere the netting. I used an old toothbrush. This worked perfectly! The netting has never come off and I have pulled and reapplied the netting several times in the area where I need to reach out to pull the window closed.

Magnetic Insect Door Screen - White
Magnetic Insect Door Screen - White
Offered by express trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Take time to measure your door!, 19 Jun 2013
I bought this screen to cover my French doors from the conservatory. I am ALWAYS the person that takes the time to measure, but on this order I didn't. Our doors are too wide, so the width of these panels do not span across the entire width of the doors. However, I have made a temporary fix to allow one door to be open with no bugs entering, which will work fine since we are just renting and it wasn't a permanent need. If we needed the sticky tabs to adhere both panels to the doors, I don't know that what is provided would be enough. I used most of the tabs to adhere just one panel top and side and just the top of the 2nd panel. In just one day of a 4 year boy and 2 year girl going in and out, the panels have come off the sticky tabs at the top, but I've just repressed them and they continue to hold. I imagine if the doors were the correct width, and this was a permanent solution (where I could use the tacks in the corners) this would work well. The magnets to join the center seem to fall together easily, which I like.

Melissa & Doug Castle Wooden Figure Set
Melissa & Doug Castle Wooden Figure Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to go with the Fold & Go Princess Castle, 19 Jun 2013
We bought these to go with the Fold & Go Princess Castle. I was surprised at how well each figure actually stood up and fit on the horses. Well crafted!

Rolling pin set of 4 plain/patterned
Rolling pin set of 4 plain/patterned
Offered by Creation Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, perfect for kids, 19 Jun 2013
We love these pins. The kids use them when playing with playdough and they are brilliant. The are very solid and well crafted.

Play Dough (Play Doh) / Biscuit Cutters Pack of 12 - Assorted Shapes
Play Dough (Play Doh) / Biscuit Cutters Pack of 12 - Assorted Shapes
Offered by Creation Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Very small, but fine for play dough, 19 Jun 2013
These cookie cutters are perfect for what they are labeled for... play dough. My little kids hands (ages 4 and 2) can grasp them easily. They were a bit smaller than I expected, but still work fine for what we used them for. The size of them are about the size of the palm of your hand, and not to the edge. People who are looking for real cookie cutters shouldn't buy these. They wouldn't work well for actual cookies.

Young Chef's Cleaning Set dustpan mop, broom and brush
Young Chef's Cleaning Set dustpan mop, broom and brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Very short handles, 19 Jun 2013
Bought these for my 2 year old daughter who insists on "helping" me sweep whenever I grab the broom. The length of the handles are a lot shorter than I expected. They only go up to her chest. However, they still seem to be OK for her height and she uses them happily.

25m x 20mm White GENUINE VELCRO Stick On HOOK Tape
25m x 20mm White GENUINE VELCRO Stick On HOOK Tape
Offered by Athena Crafts Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sticky and works, 19 Jun 2013
The backing/sticky tape is very sticky and stays put. Bought it to put around the windows in our home to attach bug netting/screen to. It works perfectly.

Kids@play R2D2 Motorized Ride-in Vehicle
Kids@play R2D2 Motorized Ride-in Vehicle
Offered by Otherland

4.0 out of 5 stars Delayed delivery, but fun toy!, 19 Jun 2013
The manufacturer was delayed, so our delivery was several weeks late. However, Kids@Play were very kind in letting us know up front that delivery would be severely delayed and offered a refund if we changed our mind in ordering. We were in no hurry, so we kept the order. Our 4 year old son LOVES this toy and it was pretty easy to assemble. The peddle to push down to make the machine go is somewhat hard to push down, so I don't expect a child under 3 would be able to do it. It's a bit hard for our 4 year old, but he can manage it fine. Our 2 year old tried it out and didn't have the strength to push it down, but also didn't understand how turning the wheel 180 degrees is what makes you go in reverse.

Page: 1 | 2