Profile for D. Floyd > Reviews

Content by D. Floyd

D. Floyd "David Floyd" (UK)

Raspberry Pi Official Universal Power Supply Unit
Raspberry Pi Official Universal Power Supply Unit
Offered by New IT limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job 24/7, 16 Feb. 2016
Just works, had a few before that last seconds, but this one does the business, has been in use since we got them 24/7.

RHS Red Hot Chilli Grower: The complete guide to planting, picking and preserving chillies
by Kay Maguire

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for both novice and expert grower alike., 8 April 2015
Excellent book for both novice and expert grower alike.. lots of illustrations. It also mentions our blog www.chilefoundry.com
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2015 6:39 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased so far, bulk inks the way to go., 24 Dec. 2014
Got this as I am so annoyed at buying toner and ink at incredible prices, so far so good, not the best print quality but good enough for what I do, and 3rd party inks for a full charge can be obtained from £5 upwards, even the epson ones seem good value.

The last laser printer cost be £150 for a full set of toner, the inkjet cost £45+, both lasted just months

Improvements would be an ethernet port, I am not a great fan of WIFI for printers, our house has 3 access points and we still have problems, we can also see 20+ other networks so the interferance can be a problem..

I would recommend this printer to anyone.

Connected Data CTR1D99US2R Transporter Private Cloud Storage - Enclosure
Connected Data CTR1D99US2R Transporter Private Cloud Storage - Enclosure
Offered by Comtronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, excellent product, 2 Sept. 2013
I had a few problems with the initial unit I received, but after a problem with support and a complaint I was routed to the US support team and things got resolved if still a little slowly at first.

Well I am very please I stuck with it, the unit does what is says on the box and has almost 100% replaced DropBox for me, speed on my network is fine, syncs seem to take about the same amount of time even to remote locations, I hope to test the system with two transporters soon with one in a remote location. (I will report back how well this works, but from what I have seen this will not be a problem.

The only things missing that I used in DropBox is a web interface with direct access to your files and the multilevel file recovery, I have not used these a lot but they can be a life saver.. So I still use DropBox for some things, but I will be reducing my account back to the free version and staying with transporter for most of my work.

It would have got all 5 stars if it had not had such a poor start to the evaluation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 3:04 PM BST

Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches
Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches
by Simon Monk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Sketches, 19 Jun. 2013
Great little book, gives you a good introduction to sketches on the Arduino, have learned lots from this and use it as a pocket reference

Cuprnol Sprayable Plus Power Sprayer
Cuprnol Sprayable Plus Power Sprayer

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Ever Product, 28 Sept. 2009
This must be the worst ever product I have used, prime it with water (as it cannot pump the sprayable Fence Treatment), it spends all it time clogged or dribbling. I have never seen a product so badly designed for its function.. Avoid like the plague

Web Copy That Sells - The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
by Veloso

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best book I have read, 5 April 2009
This must be one of the best books on the subject, I have got most of my customers reading this, it makes you think about how you read/write a web site and what you are after.... sales.. excellent read.. much enjoyed.