Profile for K. Manley > Reviews

Content by K. Manley

K. Manley (Lincs. UK)

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by TECKNET

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddily made and awkward to use, 24 Jun 2014
I too bought this mouse having looked at the huge number of 5 star responses. What a big mistake! When it arrived my first impression was of the sheer bulkiness of it. It is supposedly ergonomic in design, but did not suit me. I found the buttons on the thumb side absolutely annoying and a totally unnecessary feature, which , if you are a bit of an old fogy like me, you will keep accidentally pressing and disrupting your work.
The final last straw was when I decided to take out the little USB stick it left the main part of its body in my USB port! I was only able to remove it with a pair of tweezers! I have returned this item and would advise any one who is tempted by its high rating to read this first!!

Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Instant Print Camera (White)
Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Instant Print Camera (White)
Offered by Gadget Grotto

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, 14 Oct 2013
Please do not waste your money on this item. The first one failed to produce any photos. Sent it back for a replacement - this one worked at first although the quality of the pictures is not brilliant. We put it away to take to my 60th family birthday party. I bought lots of masks and silly bits and pieces to make a DIY photobooth. That was this weekend just gone. Got the camera out ready for a hilarious party - it didnt work!! When we finally got it to go by taking out the battery - it wouldnt print and went dead after each attempt. SO no happy images from THAT camera from my party. Thanks Polaroid! And to make matters worse - we have passed the 30 exchange with amazon on this one so - absolute unreliable crap. Hope this helps if you were thinking of buying one!

Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker with Professional Filter
Gaggia Baby Class RI8157/40 Coffee Maker with Professional Filter

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this product until you have read the reviews, 28 April 2013
Firstly I should say, this makes heavenly coffee and is quite easy to operate.

Unfortunately I did not follow my own advice and read the reviews thoroughly. I was seduced by the Which? best buy. I am in the process of returning it after only 2 weeks of use because of a fatal flaw, which has not only affected me:

When I switched on the pump to produce the coffee, after an initial flow, it suddenly started to splutter and gurgle and the sprayed boiling coffee out form both sides at a 90 degree angle.
This did not happen immediately and our first few cups were a joy, but once this started, which was 2 weeks in, the machine became impossible to use.

read some of the other reviews for an explanation.

Very, very disappointed because there were so many pluses, but this problem is insurmountable. Please think twice.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, elegant lamp, 23 Feb 2012
This lamp arrived very promptly and cocooned in polystyrene. I was absolutely delighted with everything about it! The shade is heavy but feels strong and solid, whilst looking fragile and delicate. The base is also heavy and reassuringly strong whilst also retaining an elegant appearance. It was easy to put together and when lit the colours glow. i cannot recommend this lamp too highly.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Be the envy of all!!, 20 Dec 2007
Brilliant looking and surprisingly comfortable. they seem to go with anything and I have worn them with trousers, skirts and even an evening dress!! Quite hard to get on as they are pull on, but with a trusty assistant at your feet its a piece of cake!!

Gone
Gone
by Lisa Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Another triumph for Lisa Gardner, 8 Jun 2006
This review is from: Gone (Hardcover)
Having read all previous novels by Lisa Gardner, I was delighted to tuck into this one. I was certainly not disappointed! It is great to be able to follow characters through a series of books. You feel as if you really get to know them. These characters are interesting and very likeable in their own ways. You can certainly empathise with them. I recommend anyone who has not yet read any books by Lisa Gardner, to start with some of the earlier novels, but do start. I have been waiting a while for this one to come out! Lucky you if you havent yet discovered her - enjoy it!

The Two Minute Rule
The Two Minute Rule
by Robert Crais

4.0 out of 5 stars Good on the whole - a teacher's report, 8 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Two Minute Rule (Hardcover)
I found this book hard to get into In fact after the first few pages I gave up and read something else. I finally returned to it when I had run out of all my other books, and I'm glad I did.

After a destinctly slow start, things improve quite dramatically. Holman is not the most easy character to identify with. He is an ex-con who comes across initially, as a bit of a wimp. Gradually, however you begin to empathise with him, throw in a little love interest and a feisty Detective, and things look up! I agree that this would not be classed as one of my favourites by Robert Crais, however it is still an excellent read.

Buried (Tom Thorne Novels)
Buried (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Buried - Bloody Brilliant!, 16 May 2006
What a superb book! Disturbing and memorable, it stays in your mind between reading sessions and intrudes into your daily life. I feel bereft now that I have finished it. I would strongly recommend this to Mark Billingham fans. It is as good as Lazybones and other earlier books. Nice to see that DI Thorne has got lucky, too!