Profile for Ashley Ashdown > Reviews

Shure SRH550DJ DJ Headphones
Offered by Beatcontrol
Price: 79.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible build quality, mediocre sound, 11 April 2014
I first bought a pair of these 16 months ago and have since got through two pairs. I'd only heard positive things about shure earphones so didn't believe it to be a particularly risky investment. On the first pair, sound stopped coming out of the left earcup (presumably an internal break in the wire) after about 8 months of use. I believe that I am fairly sensible with headphones as my sony pair have lasted 4 years and are still in virtually the same condition as when I bought them. The headphones com with a 2 year warranty, but you have to pay for postage unfortunately. The second pair lasted 7 months before the extendable arms have cracked badly in 3 places. The sound quality is good but not overwhelmingly different to that of sony xb500s apart from far less bass and far less comfortable over periods of an hour or longer. I am currently trying to secure a refund for these as the warranty does not start over upon receiving a new pair. Don't buy unless you enjoy email conversations with shure customer services.