Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Poole, England)

Farscape : The Ultimate Complete Collection  [DVD]
Farscape : The Ultimate Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Hardy
Offered by A-2-B DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Farscape is Awesome!, 9 Oct. 2008
Nothing I can write can truly describe all that is Farscape. As a Sci-Fi fan, I remember seeing Farscape on TV back in the day and not being all that impressed.

Somewhere down the line I ended up really watching it, and now not only have all the Farscape available, but thoroughly enjoyed chain-watching them!

Farscape is simply awesome, Sci-Fi at its best!

Civilization IV: Colonization (PC)
Civilization IV: Colonization (PC)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original; with subtle improvements, 9 Oct. 2008
I, like many others enjoyed the original Colonization a lot. The hours I spent attempting to declare independence are uncountable.

I recently revisited the original, in attempt to see if my gaming ability had improved since the old days. I had to use a DOS emulator and bare the pixels graphics but it was still fun.

Then I heard about this; and pre-ordered without much doubt.

For me, I found that it was a very good replication of the original, and where things where different I felt they where improved. I do agree that later on in the game some time scales for immigration and education seem totally unrealistic based on the limit of 300 turns per game. The kings army also seems to grow fast, often one or more units per turn when your close to about 50% liberation on each town.

Maybe it would pay off to keep liberation low for longer, or maybe it was the difficulty level I was playing at.

I've not managed to complete it yet, mainly due to limited time, and a few "practice" runs of course.

All in all; I am very happy with this. Civ4 gives it the graphics it deserves and it holds true to the original.

I even found the "this is different to Civ" comments in the manual to be amusing!

Creative Zen Stone Plus 2GB MP3 Player - Black
Creative Zen Stone Plus 2GB MP3 Player - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 Oct. 2008
I've always had a Creative MP3 player and they have never let me down.

The Creative Stone is just all out improvement from the last and faultless at that.

Seems the main complaint is the battery life, but I have never had an issue plus it can be charged on almost anything with a USB connection (like a Playstation3). So all you need to do is keep a wire at hand.

Creative MuVo Micro N200 1GB  -  Black
Creative MuVo Micro N200 1GB - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Players, Different Style...., 9 April 2005
I have only owned MoVo Players, starting from the old 64MB, then the 256MB, 512MB and now this one.
I have always been very pleased with the players and they are very resistant to damage, my 512MB nearly 100% survived being total immersed in water...
But I have just bought this player, and I am disappointed in finding that it required a USB wire.
I was so pleased to have a MP3 player that could hold all my songs and keep a good amount of data...
I am not sure though, compared to the ease of use of the others that I am going to keep this one, or sell it, and get a new 'normal' one...
I would be interested to know if there is rally that much more hassle carrying a wire around too?...