Profile for Christopher Moore > Reviews

Content by Christopher Moore

Christopher Moore (Cornwall, United Kingdom)

1:18 Radio Remote Controlled Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera White
1:18 Radio Remote Controlled Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera White

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Good fun, and Superb Controls, 10 Jan 2013
This is absolutely fantastic in every way. Easily does a 180 turn on the right floor, it can struggle over carpet, but only if the batteries are running low, and the controls are very intuitive and simple.
Its fairly quick too, even giving our terriers a run for their money, which was hilarious It also survived being pounced on by the dogs, and crashed several times, so no worries about it breaking any time soon.
Finally, who doesn't want a Lamborghini?

CiT 2.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA/IDE HDD Enclosure for Up to 1TB HDD
CiT 2.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA/IDE HDD Enclosure for Up to 1TB HDD
Offered by Gasteiner Technologies Ltd
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Quality, 4 Jan 2013
The quality of this product, at such a low price, is absolutely fantastic; made of durable metal with 'One touch backup,' functionality, and even including a magnetic screwdriver to put it together (a very simple procedure,) I was seriously impressed with this enclosure.
Every other caddy I have tried in a similar price range required the use of external power or at least 2 USB ports to power an older IDE drive, this enclosure easily ran off one USB port, freeing up more space.
So far the only good value solution that works without hitch that I know of, I would definitely recommend this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2013 5:30 PM BST

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 26.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simple, and brilliant quality., 8 Nov 2012
First of all, the card was shipped and posted very quickly, arriving in just 3 days after the order, with free delivery.
Upon arrival it was incredibly easy to set this card up, simply push it into the PCI slot, ensuring you ground any static charge, and boot up your computer. Personally I installed the driver straight from the CD, rather than waiting for windows update, and this worked perfectly, with no problems.

Once installed I noticed an immediate difference, previously I had an unbranded, 15 card, which had low quality, and couldn't really cope with 5.1 surround sound, which I'm glad to say this one does, to a brilliant degree. The included software also has a good speaker test included.

I would thoroughly recommend this PCI sound card to anyone who was interested.

UKCAT For Dummies
UKCAT For Dummies
Price: 9.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant help., 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: UKCAT For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
Whilst not a perfect representation of what you'll meet on the day, this book does have some very useful advice, and some good questions to help you know what to expect in the actual exam.
At first I just skimmed through the advice sections, but I would thoroughly recommend reading them, as they helped me a lot, in terms of my approach to some of the questions.
I gave the book only 4 stars because I personally felt that online practice sessions were more helpful, so I would also recommend them.
Thanks to this book and a couple of websites I scored 760 average.

Bobj Heavy Duty Case for ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 (TF201T) and Pad300 TF300 (TF300T) - BobjGear protective cover - Bold Black
Offered by BobjGear EU
Price: 16.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but extreme price., 16 Sep 2012
Yes, as the reviews from amazon.com claim, this is a very good case. It's durable, very protective, has great cushioning around corners, and leaves easy access for all of the buttons, speakers and ports on the Asus TF300T. It is heavy, but not to the extent it's worth complaining about at all, especially when you know you're buying a protective case.
My main problem was the extortionate price. At 19.75 one would expect a truly premium product, with more than just protective features, combined with the annoyance of not being able to attach the keyboard whilst the tablet was in the case, I personally feel this tablet was not worth the price.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
Offered by DIGITAL-DEALS247
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for those working near nuclear weaponry testing facilities, 23 May 2012
Well, I don't usually write reviews, but felt that for this product, I ought to share my pure elation at their arrival. Within a day of ordering, there they were, several days ahead of schedule. Upon opening the jiffy bag however, to my horror, I discovered that the seller had anticipated sending the headphones to a war zone, and thus taken the precaution of using packaging that would have survived the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. Needless to say an unrelenting battle of man and plastic began, my weapon of choice was my handy knife, that had soon sliced its way through the outer layer of bomb proof material. I then proceeded to rip the plastic apart, reminiscent of a mountain gorilla tearing a man to pieces, and with a similar visage of rage.

At last the earphones were free, and I rushed to find any available port to play some music through. I started of with something light, a piece of Beethoven's I believe, and this was excellent. Unfortunately, I then chose a song with bass. This was a mistake. The earphones claim to have 'extreme deep bass ports,' and they do. The relatively small drops on some mild drum and bass were enough to rupture my eardrums, perforating both my left and right drum, leading to, if you'll pardon the pun, 'ear-splitting,' pain. I fell to the floor, writhing in agony, in search of any medium to end the tormenting pain. I stumbled upon my knife, and in a last ditch attempt to save myself from the pain, I plunged the knife into my skull.

Definitely would buy again if I had any need, but I don't, because I am dead. :/
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 7:42 PM BST

Shadowheart: Legends of the Raven (Legends of the Raven 2)
Shadowheart: Legends of the Raven (Legends of the Raven 2)
by James Barclay
Price: 7.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 22 April 2010
A truly phenomenal book, an amazing piece of wriing, bordering on even Tolkien's works, congratulations to the author!

LG GD510 POP SILVER STYLUS TOUCH PEN UK SELLER PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 2.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Durable, 22 April 2010
Very soon after purchase and use the pen started falling out of its holder. An altogether wasted buy in my opinion