Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Walking beam Stirling engine kit
Walking beam Stirling engine kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend. Many thanks, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Walking beam Stirling engine kit
Working well. Came packed well. Would highly recommend. Many thanks.

The Knitted Teddy Bear: Make Your Own Heirloom Toys, with Dozens of Patterns for Unique Clothing
by Sandra Polley

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to pass on as well as the teddys., 13 July 2013
I love this book. I love and enjoy knitting and got fed up with books on teddy's being based on either sewing or crochet. The author gives advice and tips so even the newest knitter would be able to use this book and provides the reader with the yarn she had used for the teddy pictured and also advices about on using different yarns.

The World of Wade Whimsies (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
The World of Wade Whimsies (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
by Ian Warner

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 13 July 2013
I agree with the other reviews. I would class this book as an encyclopaedia of Wade Whimsies. There is a small article of the history of the Wade Potteries. There is also a section of the Wade potteries stamps and marks which includes dates and pictures. The book has photos and history of the Whimsies through the decades leading from 1953 to 2007. The book includes Whimsies (1953-2007), Special issues, Tea figurines (1967-2007), Cracker figurines (1965-2007), retail and commissioned Whimsies (1960-1993), Minikins and Dinosaurs, Series 2 Whimsies, Miniature Village sets (1980-1993), promotional figures and reproductions. A book which I will refer to as I re-build my Mothers collection I wanted but never got.

Paplinko
Paplinko

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly addictive!!!, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Paplinko (App)
A fun and very addictive game and the only reason I stop playing is because I've run out of balls!!!

Kirstie's Homemade Home
Kirstie's Homemade Home
by Kirstie Allsopp

3.0 out of 5 stars More interior design than project making., 15 Oct 2010
I bought this book because I had watched both programmes, Kirstie's Homemade Home and Kirstie's Homemade Christmas. I really enjoyed the programmes and on that I pre-ordered this book.

However after a two month wait it turned up on the day of release. With much excitement I began reading.

Half of the book covers interior-design and how to arrange things to look nice. There is actually only 23 projects to do and if like me you're mad about making things yourself I don't think you'll enjoy this book on those grounds alone. There is also a huge section at the back of the book that goes into searching for things at markets and so on and 'name dropping' at the back of the book that lists people she has mentioned in the book and the programme and where you can find more information or courses.

So, I'm left feeling a bit disappointed as there is nothing in the book from her Christmas programme (shown last year), maybe it's not supposed too but I think that would have made the book better. I'm just glad I didn't pay the full RRP!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2010 12:08 AM BST