Profile for S. Dutton > Reviews

Content by S. Dutton

S. Dutton (Diss, Norfolk United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
STAR ONE B92 - 4.7 inch Super clear HD (1280*720) 720P grade display capacitive touchscreen SmartPhone Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich MTK6577 1GHz Dual Core with 1GB RAM Dual SIM WIFI 12MP camera (up to 4000 x 3000 pixels)

1.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, but came with UUPAY malware in the ROM, 21 Jun 2014
We now know that the reason these Chinese copy phones are so cheap is that many of them are shipped with malware in the ROM, something which can only be cleaned by rooting the phone. Not all antivirus scanners find the malware, AVAST didn't, ESET did for me.

More details from Guardian article "Chinese smartphone on sale on Amazon and eBay contains built-in malware" published 18/06/2014, author Samuel Gibbs.

Other than it potentially sending lord knows what back to its masters in China, it's a great device, provided you don't need GPS - there are things which can be done to improve GPS fix times, but it seems to not be particularly accurate.

CTEK MXS 5.0T Battery Charger with Automatic Temperature Compensation
CTEK MXS 5.0T Battery Charger with Automatic Temperature Compensation
Price: 55.55

5.0 out of 5 stars revived very dead battery, 8 April 2014
Has already paid for itself because we didn't have to replace the battery in my husband's car (did have to replace alternator in car, but that's another story!). Took about 24 hours to run complete cycle, but we were prepared for that; I dare say it will take a lot less time with a not so dead battery. Much smaller than "traditional" battery chargers, which is a bonus. Glad I bought this and not just a cheaper charger.

Neewer Black HDMI Input To VGA Adapter Converter For PC Laptop
Neewer Black HDMI Input To VGA Adapter Converter For PC Laptop
Offered by SHARKS24/7
Price: 4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works!, 8 April 2014
Great gadget, allowed me to connect my new laptop to older projector which doesn't have HDMI, much cheaper than a new projector!

6 Cell New Battery For SONY VGP-BPS13 BPS13/S BPS13/B
6 Cell New Battery For SONY VGP-BPS13 BPS13/S BPS13/B
Offered by Delta Enterprise
Price: 30.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly moulded fell out., 13 Dec 2013
The plastic casing was poorly moulded, so the battery would not stay securely attached, nor would it make a good connection to charge properly.

Integral Fusion 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Integral Fusion 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Offered by MyMemory
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great little storage device, 11 April 2013
So small that I have attached a cord to it to make it easier to see when I put it down. I usually carry this in my purse "just in case", but it's ideal for TVs or laptops where you want to leave it all the time. I haven't measured read & write speeds, but they are acceptable, even for larger chunks of data.

eSecure 16 Piece Watch Repair Tool Kit Set Pin & Back Remover
eSecure 16 Piece Watch Repair Tool Kit Set Pin & Back Remover
Offered by eSecure
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap'n'cheerful, but does the job, 7 Jan 2013
One jeweller couldn't adjust my strap, another wouldn't, I did it my self in ten to fifteen minutes with this kit. As you might expect, the quality is not great, but for the price it's good enough, just don't expect to use it to set up a business!

invisibleSHIELD Screen for HP TouchPad
invisibleSHIELD Screen for HP TouchPad

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic screen protector, 29 Nov 2012
This is probably the best screen protector I've had for any device. It's a bit odd having to wet fit, but just be careful not to get liquid in any ports on your device. I've tried scratching the edge of it with my fingernail, just to see what sort of a mark you get, but I can't make a mark without being worried about damaging the device underneath!

Luxury Sheepskin Slipper Boots (10)
Luxury Sheepskin Slipper Boots (10)
Offered by sheepland
Price: 61.49

5.0 out of 5 stars warm feet at last, 29 Nov 2012
Well made very cosy slippers. You do need to buy a size bigger as suggested. I was worried about paying so much for slippers, but it's nice to have warm ankles too, and very nice to get them long enough (I take a UK women's 9.5).

Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB 32MB 5400RPM 3.5 Inch SATA-II Internal Hard Drive - 3 Year Warranty - OEM

1.0 out of 5 stars Too poorly packed to bother with, 8 Jun 2011
I decided that the packaging was so inadequate that I wouldn't waste my time using these only for them to die too soon. I also checked the serial numbers on Samsung's web site; one of the drives had a manufacturing date of 12 2010 and had already lost 3 months of the guarantee! Returning any buying other disks elsewhere.

Nexxus Talknano PRO Mini Bluetooth Headset
Nexxus Talknano PRO Mini Bluetooth Headset
Offered by Mobitz
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars was happy at first, not any more, 6 Jun 2011
The around ear clip feels a bit flimsy, but I find it very good because I wear glasses; my previous headset was awkward to fit and to then keep the glasses straight. The piece which fits in the ear canal is smaller diameter than some other headsets, which is another bonus for me. The buttons are quite flush with the casing, but I expect that I'll get used to that. Volume is OK, both to hear and be heard. In summary, good value for money if you only need occasional use.

11/04/2013 - people I can can no longer hear me, although incoming volume is still OK. Buying speaker for visor in car instead.

Page: 1 | 2