ARRAY(0xb3d1a920)

A Kiss Before Dying
A Kiss Before Dying
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 5 Sep 2013
Not as good as some of his other books, but worth a read. It's maybe a bit aged at this stage.

Sphere of Influence: Writings on Cricket and its Discontents
Sphere of Influence: Writings on Cricket and its Discontents
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 5 Sep 2013
I'm not a big cricket fan but it gave me a good background to the woes and wonders of how the sport has changed in the last twenty years. Unlike most popular team sports, football, rugby, baseball etc, there have been many changes in the way people watch cricket. It would be a bit like rugby sevens becoming more popular than the main game. Unfortunately, the main reason for the popularity of 20/20 seems to be TV and gambling.

One Step Too Far
One Step Too Far

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: One Step Too Far (Kindle Edition)
It started slowly, and was difficult to feel any empathy for the main character. For me, with this sort of book, I have to like them or loath them. Here I did'nt care either way.

Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore
Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore
Price: 4.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Sep 2013
Is started well and looked as if it was going to keep me gripped, but it lost its way for me about halfway through. The plot was interesting but it just never delivered what it seemed to promise at the start.

This Is Where I Leave You
This Is Where I Leave You
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 5 Sep 2013
It seems to me it was written with a movie in mind, with characters who spoke and thought in one-liners, most of which were puerile and un-funny.