Profile for George Pearce > Reviews

Content by George Pearce

George Pearce (BIrmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Duracell Activair size 312 Hearing Aid Battery (10 packs of six cells)
Duracell Activair size 312 Hearing Aid Battery (10 packs of six cells)
Offered by decolectrix2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Approved !, 26 Nov. 2015
Not yet used these but had a similar previous order. I like the adhesive strips which help easy handling and they seem to last a reasonable time.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Safety, 16 Aug. 2015
Surprised that it arrived roughly folded and jammed tightly into an envelope. It had a very strange 'chemical' smell and that and the creases took many days to go, despite washing. It's slightly short on the stated measurements and looks lonely on the shower floor. But I chose it for the safety of the texture pattern and the drainage holes - it works fine.

Koss Porta Pro On-Ear Headphones Classic, for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars The sound is an 'Ear Opener', 16 Aug. 2015
I read a lot of reviews (I enjoy doing the research and evaluation) after my Sennheiser Px100-IIs failed in the jack plug.
I feel that the sound of these PortaPros is far better than the highly-raved Px100s which I thought rather veiled and lacking in mid and top range.
The PortaPros seem to me to reveal a lot more detail - mid and treble. My main listening is to BBC Radio 3 & 4 so vocal quality is important and I have no interest in the excessive bang, bang, bang, boom, boom, boom which many regard as good sound quality. But I managed to find Radio 1 interesting because I could hear detail not heard before.
But the Px100s win in terms of design: single entry cable; headband adjustment.
Whilst the PortaPro has the annoying headband which needs to be readjusted on every use, and the rather silly and ineffectual 'Comfort Zone' feature which (as others have pointed out) is not needed; also the cable constantly gets itself tangled: these downsides do not detract from the main advantage which is the sound quality.
PS: I saw a lot of stuff about fake items being sold but somehow have satisfied myself that mine are 'authentic'. Even so I cannot see that supply from Amazon is any guarantee of that.

Uni-Ball SXN210 Jetstream RT Retractable Rollerball Pen Blue Ink Pack of 12
Uni-Ball SXN210 Jetstream RT Retractable Rollerball Pen Blue Ink Pack of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need, 16 July 2015
Chose this after researching, looking for a pen which writes easily and first time and with a constant line and does not leave those nasty blobs and form ink deposits which have to be wiped off the ball - this does all of these things. Perhaps not an award winner for appearance. At this price for this quantity I have spread them around the house and car and thrown the others away. Recommended.

Subex IT Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Tempered Glass Screen Protector Guard Galaxy Note 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitting not obvious, no more bubbles ..., 25 Jun. 2015
No instructions. I couldn't see any film or method of attachment and was about to throw this away then a friend familiar with these things got the film off the back and attached the screen. Works fine though there is a little gap of around 1mm all around where the screen is not big enough. Has convinced me that these glass screens work better than the flimsy ones with endless bubbles.

Galaxy S6 Edge Case, Spigen® [Hybridized Clarity] Galaxy S6 Edge Case Bumper + Clear Protective Back **NEW** [Neo Hybrid CC] [Champagne Gold] - [1 Back Protector Included] Clear back panel + Dual TPU and PC bumper for Galaxy S6 Edge (2015) - Champagne Gold (SGP11526)

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 9 May 2015
Bought as gift for friend who was delighted. I had convinced him (and myself) that there was no need for the flip cases with bulky and nuisance side or bottom flat openings with closure tabs getting in the way. In view of gorilla glass and screen protectors is there any need for the screen to be covered by the case. Anyway, if the phone is put down face down the case provides protection from the side mouldings.

Greater London including M25 Main Road Poster Map: Laminated Gloss finish (117 x 92cm)
by Geographers A-Z Map Company Ltd
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of its kind, 6 May 2015
Chosen carefully for the area of coverage and the scale and detail, the lamination is a bonus. Sorry, it remains in its delivery roll as I am giving it as a present to someone new to working in London who wants to understand the location of the suburbs and their geography.

SIAMP Skipper 45 WC cistern Dual Flush 2 inch plus Chrome button
SIAMP Skipper 45 WC cistern Dual Flush 2 inch plus Chrome button
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

4.0 out of 5 stars FLUSHED WITH SUCCESS !!, 14 Jan. 2015
It was delivered very fast. I had some trepidation about tackling plumbing such as toilet cisterns but felt more confident after finding several YouTube videos. All I had to do was 'unplug' the old dual valve cistern (like a a bayonet light bulb fitting) then put in the whole new unit. The whole thing worked fine.

I have reduced down to four stars because(1) the supplied instructions were in Dutch & French (though I was very efficiently supplied with English when I rang Customer Service in Bolton and (2) the main sliding part of the valve had been inserted and jammed into the wrong position and would not move: I had to disassemble it and reassemble to make it properly fitted and free-moving. There was no sign that any one had interfered with this item before I received it. so I can only assume it was some strange quirk in production assembly. I expect this is an isolated matter.

Overall, this is cheaper than expected; easy to fit, and works well.

Friedland Libra+ Twin Plug in Doorchime Kit D943ETW
Friedland Libra+ Twin Plug in Doorchime Kit D943ETW

5.0 out of 5 stars Installation was easy - read the instructions, 10 Jan. 2015
Delivery was immediate. My former doorbell system had a weak sound, but the main problem was the bell push failing, despite my repair attempts, causing deliveries to be left elsewhere, as happened with this item! I chose this 2-plug in design because although I have to sacrifice two power sockets I don't have to check for failing batteries. Sound level is reasonable and I don't need a big range of silly sounds. Installation was easy - read the instructions! Quite expensive but hope it is reliable.

Sea Bond Denture Bath Brimms
Sea Bond Denture Bath Brimms
Offered by OTCFORYOU

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable - nothing bigger available, 16 Nov. 2014
Searched for the largest holder, for my hospital visit. My dentures are quite big front to back, and this holder only just takes them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8