Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Brolly Sheets Single Mattress Protector Blue
Brolly Sheets Single Mattress Protector Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars immediate reaction, 8 May 2014
I was surprised opening the packaging that it was sewn across the surface into 10cm squares as tho it were a quilt, not the comfy sleeping surface I'd imagined. If we need to put it under a sheet that defeats the purpose.. Its also very, very thick, and I cant imagine it drying any faster than my gorgeously soft brushed cotton hippychick sheet. It does look very absorbent, probably to a level we dont need (for a child, to catch the odd accident). If you dont need the lovely colour, get a double hippychick flat sheet and cut it in half, lovely to sleep on and it tucks in nicely. Am hoping small person likes it...

Busy Kitten
Busy Kitten

1.0 out of 5 stars An adult joke book not a Scarry book, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Busy Kitten (Kindle Edition)
I thought this would be a lovely, easy reader for youngsters, with it coming up in a Richard Scarry search and one of his characters shown on the cover..It's actually an extremely short (4 pages) mickey take of the popular (and brilliant) children's books.
'Busy Kitten likes to make moonshine' is one page. 'Busy kitten likes to carjack, but only on weekends' is another of the four pages.
So yes, quite expensive really, given it's a quick joke in US english! Might work as a nostalgic postcard joke present to someone?

Vegan Cookbook for Kids: Teach your Children how to Enjoy Vegetables
Vegan Cookbook for Kids: Teach your Children how to Enjoy Vegetables

1.0 out of 5 stars No idea why they called it vegan!, 3 April 2014
It's not vegan, wish I'd read the reviews! Or looked inside, the lunchtime tacos have roast beef and monterey jack cheese!
Umm..

My Little Pony Phonics Fun (I Can Read Phonics)
My Little Pony Phonics Fun (I Can Read Phonics)
by Joanne Mattern

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really phonics fun!, 19 Dec 2012
There are a lot of sight reading words, the pony names are frequent, long, and not introduced or broken down in the stories.
Very disappointing, as others have said, to complicated for first readers, not interesting enough for more experienced ones. I would have sent it straight back if I'd bought from Amazon, with the postage lost I might as well keep them, type out a better story and put underneath the pictures!

100pk Multi Coloured Pipe Cleaners
100pk Multi Coloured Pipe Cleaners
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

3.0 out of 5 stars Colours brighter than shown, 26 April 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Good and bad I'd say... (I feel mean saying that given the price!)

I wouldn't say the colours were as shown above, they look far prettier in the picture!
In my pack there was black (great for spiders!), brown, mauve (much pinker than the one shown), bright yellow, super skinny yellow, fluro orange, red, dark blue, dark green and white in pretty equal amounts (10 of each, only just noticed there are two types of yellow).
They're pretty horrible colours in my opinion, but I'll use the yuckier colours with the kids, they won't mind!;

They're also super skinny ones, about 3-4mm across, which IS perfect for what I wanted! They are very soft.

Hope that's of use to someone!

Fairy Parties: Recipes, Crafts, and Games for Enchanting Celebrations
Fairy Parties: Recipes, Crafts, and Games for Enchanting Celebrations
by Colleen Mullaney

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas, but can be pricey!, 5 April 2012
There are some really lovely ideas in this book for themed fairy parties, and a couple of instructions for fairy skirts that I will most certainly be making for my littley in the future!

But it is quite pricey.. by the time you've bought your 6 pairs of ballet shoes, 9 yards of fabric, 6 t-shirts, pretend flowers, etc, the littelys will be overjoyed but you'll be bankrupt before you start ;)

And because a lot of it seems to be glue-gunned, it wouldn't last either...(although, hey, you could always put the odd stitch in to get them to last longer, guess she's just going for speed because you have 6 little outfits to make!)

But an absolutely excellent resource book.. and they would be really memorable parties!

Fantasy Fairy Temporary Tattoos (12 Supplied) Assorted Designs
Fantasy Fairy Temporary Tattoos (12 Supplied) Assorted Designs
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fairy 'tattoos'!, 5 April 2012
I bought these for a birthday party and party bags, the designs are really lovely, extremely good, they come off the backing quickly and easily and didn't rub off despite being poked around by a young person..
Haven't checked how easily they come off yet, but have to say I'm really impressed.
They are loose cards, a tattoo to each card, so if you wanted to give them as a present you'd need to put them in a pretty bag or box.
I prefer them like this, makes it easier to see what you've got and to apply them!

Hippychick Mattress Protector Fitted Sheet - 150 x 200cm King
Hippychick Mattress Protector Fitted Sheet - 150 x 200cm King

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit rustley!, 23 Feb 2012
I had been given a cotton waterproof sheet by someone, and assumed this was the same type.. that had two layers of cotton with the waterproof liner in the middle.. It's sturdy, effective, light and not at all rustley or crinkly.
I hadn't realised that the hippychick protector is brushed cotton on one side with a rubber/plastic lining on the other, it rustles!!
I bought it for my own bed to prevent any more 'accidents' from my toddler, but at the moment I think I'll send it back, I don't want to sleep on something that feels and sounds like that.. I'll try it with the sheet again and see..
BTW, This size fits an IKEA (european sized) mattress perfectly! Well, with a tiny bit of room, but otherwise great :)

Genuine TOSHIBA SADP-65KB A 19V 3.42A LAPTOP AC ADAPTER 65w LAPTOP AC ADAPTER ADAPTOR CHARGER POWER SUPPLY
Offered by Laptop Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a generic replacement charger, not a toshiba, 28 Sep 2011
I was initially pleased with the way this generic charger worked, but 2 or 3 months later the soldering was so loose on the connector that it stopped working. The plastic casing of the transformer brick also came apart. Before it conked out, it turned my computer off, so I suspect it might have caused lasting damage.. that would make it soo not worth the cheap price!
Chargers 4 U offered immediate replacement or refund, which was delayed because I asked if they had Delta electronics chargers, or chargers with right angled connectors.. they never answered that, so I'm guessing no?
I bought one for twice the price at laptop-adapter.co .uk, which has a right angled connector, long leads and appears to be delta electronics... although I'm not so sure about that one either! ..the search continues...

I was sent a generic replacement charger not a 'genuine toshiba charger' as shown and described.
It has a straight plug rather than the right angled one shown, and came with a clover lead (the toshiba charger shown did not come with the lead)
After contacting chargers4U, they stated that this adapter should be compatible, but would refund if I wasn't happy.
And of course it is compatible, just as any of the other 19V 3.42A 65W generic adapters are!
It works fine but heats up very quickly and I find I have to remove the lead after a short time as I'm concerned at how hot it becomes. The leads themselves are very short, probably half the length of my original charger cables.

There is a warning on the adapter brick (transformer) that it can get very hot, I'll write again if the part you plug into the computer gets hot enough to return it.

Little Penguin
Little Penguin
by Patrick Benson

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, beautifully illustrated book, wonderful!, 20 July 2011
This review is from: Little Penguin (Paperback)
My 3 year old daughter brought this home from nursery. Pip is an Adelie penguin and she is 3. She wonders through the antarctic wondering why some creatures are big, and some creatures are small, even when they're the same age as her.
The illustrations are stunning, and as Pip tumbles and turns, she often ends up with her bottom in the air which my daughter finds hilarious. To top it all off, we often sing the beautiful rhyme at the end to eachother, something like 'I'm a penguin and I am three, I love you and you love me, one is one and two is two, you love me and I love you'.

This is a thoroughly gorgeous book to share with your little one, can't recommend it enough!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3