Profile for Mark > Reviews

The Promise [Blu-ray]
The Promise [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy

5.0 out of 5 stars This is killer, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Promise [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I really enjoyed the story telling and the story. It's refreshing to see a sensitive subject like this explored with an honest approach.

Bossa Nova Soul Samba (Rudy Van Gelder Edition)
Bossa Nova Soul Samba (Rudy Van Gelder Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars love love love this, 30 Jan. 2014
Quite simply one of my very favorite SACDs (also Apple Lossless ripped from cd for iPad, iPod).

So much love, so much heart, just beautiful. I never grow sick of it, bought a few cds for friends for Christmas this year.

Wireworld Island 7 Award Winning HDMI cable, 3.0m - Ultra HD 4K, High Speed with Ethernet
Offered by Nue World Ltd (Wireworld UK - C&M)

2.0 out of 5 stars Big fan of WireWorld, underwhelmed by this HDMI offering, 30 Jan. 2014
I'm a huge fan of WireWorld products especially of their mains cords.

The performance of this entry level HDMI offering from WireWorld is in my opinion severely underwhelming.

I've been auditioning several HDMI cables to include AudioQuest, WireWorld, and Monster. This WireWorld HDMI cable gives by far the softest least accurate least detailed image compared to other the manufactures at a similar price point. Monster has provided the best picture in my tests.

Kinda surprised.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2015 10:40 PM BST

Tres Cosas
Tres Cosas

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. Love you. Gotta go., 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Tres Cosas (Audio CD)
I like this album so much it's stupid. Just wonderful, multiple plays without batting an eye. Really really love her guitar playing, voice, expression, and the recordings are also top shelf.

Antonio Brasileiro
Antonio Brasileiro
Offered by usnap

3.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't get this one, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Antonio Brasileiro (Audio CD)
Kind of like Frank Sinatra trying to sing Bosa Nova standards, he just comes off as an annoying old man trying to sing hip. For me.

Did not like this one, unfortunately.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2014 8:52 AM BST

The Tchaikovsky Album
The Tchaikovsky Album
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars My most favorite classical performances of all time., 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Tchaikovsky Album (Audio CD)
Out of loads of classical works in my possession many of which are via SACDs and hi-res 192/24 downloads, this singular album (disk 1) includes my most favorite performances of all time, the circa 1986 Sorti/Chicago Symphony 1812 and Nutcracker Suites.

Loads come close, these here are very simply the best classical works ever recorded. Period.

Paramore
Paramore

5.0 out of 5 stars Was introduced to Paramore at 2013 iTunes Festival, I'm in love, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Paramore (Audio CD)
Super awesome energy, super mad singing skills, the band is tight and I like the variety of songs.

Much of the lyrics speak to a middle finger in the direction of old band mates and others that got left in the dust. I don't find joy in confrontation but it's cool there seems conviction in the message behind most songs, more from the heart and less from the pop formula computer generated mold.

I'm kinda addicted to this album, have watched the iTunes Festival concert of theirs now four (4) times knowing it'll jump off air at month's end.

I wish the band all the success in the world. I think it's cool that such a pretty girl with so much talent has ALSO had the desire and tenacity to find the means to get herself out on that stage to show off what she's made of. So rare. So special.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2015 12:33 PM BST

Weary Blues
Weary Blues
Offered by UKMusicFiendz

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like this talent and type of music, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Weary Blues (Audio CD)
It's superb. Sounds great for the times and recordings of the day. There are many many songs in this collection, can't get through all of them in one sitting.

I like it, and really dig Pee Wee Russell.

Random Access Memories
Random Access Memories
Offered by Todays Great Deal

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it., 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Random Access Memories (Audio CD)
I like two or three tracks here well enough but the rest left me annoyed.

I don't think I'm cool enough to fully appreciate this album. I thought it often lacked song writing ability or talent. The mix sounds good, a high quality sounding album. But the songs themselves were of average quality, for me.

Team America: World Police [Blu-ray] [2004] [Region Free]
Team America: World Police [Blu-ray] [2004] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Trey Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest, clever, and smart films ever made., 16 Oct. 2013
Trey Parker will some day be truly appreciated for his talent, brains, and creativity.

Trey Parker might be in the top five of creative souls in our lifetimes,

Aside from Baseketball everything he does is at a level of quality and execution that is almost untouched.

If you don't 'get it' don't sweat it, go about your lives. If you do get it, all, you're a lucky person and better off for discovering the genius of Trey Parker.

If you're ever in New York City or similar have a look at the live musical The Book of Mormon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8