Profile for Mark > Reviews

Content by Mark

Mark

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Audioquest FLX/SLIP 14/4 Length 3 Metre Terminated 2x4mm to 4x4mm Gold Plated banana Plugs Single Length.
Offered by A1 Sound Hi-fi and AV store

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fine., 22 Jun. 2014
Bought these to replace some silver plated Tributaries speaker wire to bi-wire some floor standing KEF's from a Jolida 302CRC tube amp.

They sound great.

Very please for this price point and A1 Sound Hi-fi and AV store have been terrific, their terminations are strong and made of a high quality.

25m Superb Quality Low Profile Flat White Oxygen Free Copper OFC Loud Speaker Cable - Multi-Strand 158 (2x 79 Strand) by electrosmart® - Outside Dimensions of Cable: 1.7mm x 10mm
Offered by electrosmart

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a fine cable but not what you think or what this picture shows, 15 Feb. 2014
The speaker wire is fine, of decent quality, but it's not what's pictured here on Amazon which resembles the same offerings from so many other speaker cable manufactures like Tributaries or WireWorld. Instead what arrived is a tiny iddy-biddy loom of cable that has equal parts + and - which together must equate a total of 20AWG. A very small amount of actual copper wire.

The conduits are so small in fact it was hard to splice the the shielding off them. Think $12 external clock radio speaker wire from Taiwan.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 11:41 AM GMT

The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it, 30 Jan. 2014
Didn't like this, was completely underwhelmed while waiting for what I found to be a single decent song.

Just one opinion.

Monster ISF 2000HD Hyper HDMI Cable 10.67m Mp3 Sou
Monster ISF 2000HD Hyper HDMI Cable 10.67m Mp3 Sou

5.0 out of 5 stars For picture quality - quite simply the best as of Feb 2014, 30 Jan. 2014
I'm an experienced videophile with top shelf equipment.

I’ve just auditioned several 1.4 HDMI cables from top brands including AudioQuest and WireWorld and for picture quality, as of early 2014, this Monster 2000HD HDMI cable was surprisingly the clear winner.

Specifically, the television screen had more defined resolution (more detail between strands of hair, fur on a sweater, blades of grass). The colors were less bloomy and looked more natural, blacks were more black. Animated graphics like the spinning chrome/gold "Universal Pictures Globe” at the beginning of films or the opening titles on modern Pixar blue-rays were sharper and more three dimensional.

This Monster HDMI cable was superior to prior top-shelf Monster HDMI cables I still own.

For dedicated HDMI audio only, I'm not sure this is the best choice. I didn't test the HDMI cables for audio because I've found high-end surround sound through HDMI to be inferior to dedicated 7.1 analog outs from my BD player directly into my multi-channel pre-amp.

But on the picture side, it's darn strange how much difference HDMI cables really do affect image quality and once you've seen the differences testing them back to back to back to back to back and you find a clear winner, you're grinning every time you're watching something new because you remember the strengths of your chosen setup over the others.

It's slightly reassuring that at this price the 2000HD HDMI cables are 4K compliant.

I've just ordered two more (5ft, 12ft, and 16ft in total) and nope they ain’t cheap.

Monster Cable ISF 2000 HD Hyper Speed HDMI Cable - 9 Feet

Watermark
Watermark
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to love, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Watermark (Audio CD)
Been listening to this for years. Had a huge laps of time without listening to it (had the cd in college way back in the day). It crossed my mind recently so I bought the cd here new and boy oh boy does this sound nice. I could listen to it in a loop for a day or two without growing tired of it. Yes, I'm a big softy I guess.

Also bought her Shepard Moons cd, and enjoy it equally.

Shepherd Moons
Shepherd Moons
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to love, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Shepherd Moons (Audio CD)

Also bought her Watermark cd, and enjoy it equally.

The Promise [Blu-ray]
The Promise [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy

5.0 out of 5 stars This is killer, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Promise [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I really enjoyed the story telling and the story. It's refreshing to see a sensitive subject like this explored with an honest approach.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8