Profile for Michael Watson > Reviews

Content by Michael Watson

Michael Watson (Lincolnshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Vendetta
Vendetta
by Dreda Say Mitchell

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Vendetta (Paperback)
Don't waste your money...this is truly awful. The writing style is poor, the flow of the book is all wrong, events are just so coincidental to try and move the plot along, and as a reader you can't empathise with any of the characters. Total rubbish!

High Hopes
High Hopes
Offered by positivenoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Dream Baby Dream, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: High Hopes (Audio CD)
All of today's so called rock stars can only dream that in 45 years time they will still be able to produce an album like this. A few weak tracks (by his lofty standards), but when he's good, no-one on the planet can touch him. Tom Joad and especially Dream Baby Dream are superlative...the man is surely the greatest rocker of his generation, he is and always will be the real "Voice".

LG NB4530A 310W 2.1Ch Premium Slim Wireless Speaker Bar
LG NB4530A 310W 2.1Ch Premium Slim Wireless Speaker Bar
Offered by Tvsandmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 5 Jan. 2014
All I can say is that this is a brilliant soundbar. Bought it to replace a 5.1 system which was good but just too loud for my 5m x 4m living room, so we ended up never using it. Also, it was a bit of a faff to get it up and running every time you wanted to watch a movie or a footie match. This is so simple to use. Connects easily with HDMI through the ARC channel of my Samsung tv (although I can't get the bar to switch on when I switch on the tv, it will go off ok when I switch off the tv,think it is just the arc settings on my tv don't allow auto-start. Can control the bar volume using tv remote, so no problem really).Sub connected first time via bluetooth and is 5m away, no drop out problems at all. Watched Arsenal vs Spurs and Star Trek Into Darkness on Sky last night, and my family agreed the sound was fantastic for the sport and the film. Not as surrounding as our old system, but it just felt right for our room, and using 3d surround setting, we did get a fairly enveloping sound. Only Dolby digital but perfect for our needs. Also paired my Nexus 4 phone easily and played music when we had friends round, and it was better than using a sound dock. A friend of mine has the Sonos soundbar and to our ears, we all think this is just as good soundwise. Oh, and you can turn off the LED display on the front by pressing the sleep button on the remote to either dim or switch off the display. Great value at £270.

Logitech UE 9000 Wireless Headphones
Logitech UE 9000 Wireless Headphones
Offered by Robert Veith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones BUTonly for Apple products, 29 Dec. 2013
Was bought these for Christmas, and paired and worked perfectly with my wife's Ipad Air. BUT I wanted them to use with my Nexus 4 Android phone when out and about. BEWARE they don't work with Android phones (tried to pair them with my son's LG Android and my wifes Nokia Windows phone, no good). This isn't made very clear in the product details - admittedly it says these work with Apple products, but it doesn't warn anywhere they won't work with Android. So a buyer, like my wife, who is not very techy can easily make a mistake. Had to return them to Amazon as incompatible for my needs. Shame, as they sounded great with the iPad, so will rate them on that basis.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 7:02 PM GMT

LG L7 II Sim Free Smartphone
LG L7 II Sim Free Smartphone
Offered by elevenfirst

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget smartphone, 29 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my 13 year old son for Christmas. Daren't risk him with a really top phone, but he was well impressed with this. Fast internet, good picture quality, and fast enough to handle his apps. And it looks lovely - all his mates want one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 29 Dec. 2013
Fits perfectly and is very strong but is also light. Put this on my son's new Christmas phone and he loves it.

i-Blason Apple iPad Air / iPad 5 HD Bubble Free Screen Protector Reusable (iPad Air / iPad 2 3 4, White)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screen protector ever, 29 Dec. 2013
I've never found screen protectors on tablets or phones very easy to put on, there's always a bubble or two somewhere. This is sooo easy to apply. Only the side bits are sticky, the clear bit over the screen isn't, so if you put it on a bit crooked, you just peel it off and do it again. Crystal clear view of the screen. What a great idea. Totally recommended!

i-BLASON Apple iPad Air / iPad 5 Smart Cover Partner Crystal Clear Hard Snap On Slim-Fit Case (Smart Cover Compatible with Smart Cover Anchor Lock) (iPad Air (5th Generation), Clear)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 29 Dec. 2013
Light and rigid, protects the rear of the iPad Air and you still see the lovely logo. Add a Smart Cover and you have a very smart and well protected iPad Air. Totally recommended.

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker, White
Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker, White
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Nov. 2013
Can't stop using it and it is so easy. Don't understand a previous reviewer saying the Panasonic recipes don't work. I've had no problems with the basic white bread recipe, tastes lovely - they must be doing something wrong. Totally recommended.

AM
AM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 70s feel to this, 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Never been a huge fan, but this I like a lot. Got a real 70s feel, I hear big Marc Bolan, 10CC, ELO, John Lennon influences running through most of the songs - and because I love them, I love this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5