Profile for Schmookiddy > Reviews

Content by Schmookiddy

Schmookiddy (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Chillipeeps Multi-Purpose Teat (Green)
Chillipeeps Multi-Purpose Teat (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 1 July 2012
I wasn't sure this was going to work as the teat is very different to the one my baby is used to but lugging several bottles around for a full day out takes up an awful lot of space so I thought this was worth a go. I tested it at home this morning & was very impressed. The milk carton did leak when I pierced it but I don't think that's the fault of this product, I suspect it's because the milk carton is full to the brim so obviously inserting something into it is going to cause some milk to squirt out, so next time I'll wrap a muslin round the carton to avoid the milk going everywhere. Once I'd screwed it in though there was no more leakage & baby just accepted the new shaped teat without any bother. I'm so pleased with it that I've ordered a couple more.

The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night
by William Sears

1.0 out of 5 stars It's just common sense, 23 May 2012
I don't know if I'm missing something given how many positive reviews there are but I didn't find one useful piece of advice in this book. I'm a first time mum, I don't have any prior baby experience, I've not read any other books or had advice foisted on me by others & yet there is nothing in this book that I didn't know through good old common sense. I kept reading thinking that eventually the advice on how to get your baby to sleep through the night would be revealed &...... nothing.

Save yourself the money because the advice given is basically this:

Create a routine, e.g. a bath, change into pjs etc
put baby to nap in the day in light, noisy rooms & keep daytime nappy changes & feeds lively - talk to baby
put baby to sleep at night in a dark, quiet room & do nappy changes & feeds in silence & in the dark

& then loads of stuff on SIDS & safe sleeping which either the maternity hospital, community midwife or health visitor will have told you anyway, or if they didn't based on the fact that you're the kind of parent who cares enough to want to buy books it's probably information you've read elsewhere anyway.

Cosatto Snoozi Bouncer (Jolly Jelly)
Cosatto Snoozi Bouncer (Jolly Jelly)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought a battery operated bouncer, 29 April 2012
I bought this as soon as I was pregnant as I really loved the look of it but in retrospect I wish I'd done a bit more research first. I had no issues putting it together at all, it is easy (in my opinion) to assemble but it just isn't bouncy at all. Baby is only 3 weeks old so perhaps when he's a bit older it'll come in but even with me forcibly bouncing it for him it doesn't move that much which at the moment renders it useless because if he was happy to be still then I'd just lie him down in his cot, what I'm looking for is something that can soothe him while I do what I need to do. So I'm going to cut my losses & fork out for a battery operated bouncer, I just hope I can find one that looks as good as this!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 11 Sep 2011
I put one of these in my living room & another in the kitchen which are where the huge fat bodied buzzy flies congregate & as yet despite them having been up for 3 weeks neither of them have caught 1 fly & I still continue to be tortured by them & their incessant buzzing! Next time I'll be going for some good old chemicals to kill them off.

Hysteria Hospital: Emergency Ward (Wii)
Hysteria Hospital: Emergency Ward (Wii)
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 3 Aug 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I'd assumed this would be like Theme Hospital for the wii but in reality it's a basic game which could be played on an iphone, it'd actually be better on an iphone because at least you'd be able to jab the screen in a precise manner, pointing & clicking with the wiimote is tedious. There doesn't seem to be any skill or strategy required to play this game, it's just a case of being speedy with your pointing. If you're looking for any kind of challenge or variety then don't bother with this game

Joseph Joseph Compact Herb Chopper
Joseph Joseph Compact Herb Chopper

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 3 Aug 2011
I was attracted to this because it's aesthetically pleasing, safe storage for the blades & wouldn't take up too much space. The blades do an excellent chopping job, the handle is nicely weighted so it feels comfortable to use & the chopping block has rubber grips on the underside to hold it in place. The only problem is....... that the chopping block isn't actually big enough to chop a decent amount of herb on & I ended up transferring them to a chopping board because on the block they just kept falling off. Regardless I'd still have bought it, it's pretty & I like the blades being protected when stored.

Apparently the blade isn't dishwasher safe but I shoved it in anyway & it doesn't seem to have come to any harm.

Remington D4444 Shine Therapy Hair Dryer
Remington D4444 Shine Therapy Hair Dryer

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 Nov 2010
Love this hairdryer. It dries really quickly, makes hair really soft & shiny & as other reviewers have mentioned makes straightening a lot easier as the irons glide through the hair. The only reason I haven't given this a full 5 stars is because the lead is far far too short for my liking & rather than sit at my dressing table I have to plonk myself on the floor as it doesn't reach up, but as previously mentioned it does dry hair super quickly so it's not that much of a drama.

In short don't even think about it - just get this hairdryer.

BaByliss 2715U BEliss 700W Hot Air Styler
BaByliss 2715U BEliss 700W Hot Air Styler

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working for me, 1 Nov 2010
I love a good hair gimmick & was keen to try something which would cut down on my drying/straightening routine & as my hair is in a short bob I thought this would be perfect. It isn't. I don't know how other people have got it to work so well, my hair is a little bit wavy & tends to kink at the ends on one side but it's in no way curly. The 1st time I used this I was with a group of friends who all quite literally wet themselves laughing when I appeared with curly frizzy hair after using this styler & informed them that it's meant to straighten!! Since then I've used it on holiday instead of taking a hairdryer as it's smaller but it takes soooooo long to dry my hair even when I've towel dried first & there's no way I could get away without straightening after.

So for me this does not work at all & I can't recommend it to others, but for the price it makes a cheap travel hairdryer.

DIGIFLEX Ultrasonic Dog Friendly Anti Noise & Anti Barking Collar for dogs & dog Lovers
Offered by Digiflex

2.0 out of 5 stars Basically useless, 3 Jan 2010
Yes this product does work in the sense that so long as the sensor is directly on the dogs throat then it goes off when it barks & the dog looks shocked & shuts up. However if the sensor moves it's way round the neck then it doesn't work when the dog barks. Or if for example the dog makes a leap for the sofa, it goes off, or if the dog shakes it's head it goes off leaving the dog looking very confused about what is going on. Also the battery ran out very quickly & I couldn't be bothered to replace it as I felt the poor dog was getting mixed signals, the idea is that the dog gets a shock from barking & modifies it's behaviour but when the poor dog is getting a shock for jumping about or shaking as well & then not always for barking because the sensor isn't positioned right it's a waste of time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2012 7:14 PM GMT

Punch-Out!! - Balance Board Compatible (Wii)
Punch-Out!! - Balance Board Compatible (Wii)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun, 8 Jun 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Boxing has always been my fave game on the wii sports & so I was looking for a decent boxing game. The boxing section on wii fit was pretty rubbish as I wanted an actual punch up not a load of prancing on & off the wii fit board. ANYWAY I digress.....

This game is fab & after beating only 2 opponents I'd worked up a considerable sweat & could feel the strain in my leg muscles - would loved to have kept going but I was far too exhausted!!

The reason I have not given this game a full 5 stars is because I think that without the wii fit board this game would be pretty rubbish. Admittedly I'm pretty uncoordinated but when I tried to play with just the wiimote & nunchucks all I could do was punch forward - the punch combination & ducking/dodging was far far too complex for me as it required button pressing. However as soon as I whipped out the wii fit board the game totally came to life, I was some ducking & dodging punches & beating the life out of my opponents in no time.

In short, I recommend that if you have the wii fit board then get this game, if not I wouldn't bother
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2010 3:26 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6