Profile for Schmoo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Kitchen Craft Quarter Pounder Hamburger Maker
Kitchen Craft Quarter Pounder Hamburger Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Mar. 2013
I hate supermarket burgers, even the ones from the chiller cabinet but whenever I've tried making my own they just fall to pieces during cooking so I was keen to give this a go & I can not praise it enough. It's really simple to use, 1 wax disc in the bottom & 1 in the top, but the burger mixture in & press. It's even easy to separate them from frozen just by inserting a knife between & the wax disc ensures that they break apart.

I did slightly modify the recipe that's included, it says to include suet on low fat mince - I didn't bother as that ruins the point of healthy burgers for me, I also omitted the breadcrumbs. I then chuck everything in my food processor until it's well blended & away I go (it doesn't say to do this but I've found it makes home made more cohesive). I've not yet tried these on the BBQ which will be the acid test as my home made burgers always stick to the grill & then collapse but doing them under the grill in the oven has so far yielded excellent burgers.

B Parum Pum Pum Musical Instruments
B Parum Pum Pum Musical Instruments

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels a bit cheap, 19 Feb. 2013
I bought this for my son when he was about 7 months old. He instantly liked the little eggs & the drumsticks, the other items were a bit too big for him to grasp at that time. My immediate impression is that some items felt cheap, e.g. the 'A' shaped instrument with the bells on is made from hollow plastic, the sort of thing you might pick up in a pound shop. None of the instruments make that much noise - you might think this a good thing! but I find that it means he never chooses to play with this over other noisier, better constructed musical instruments he's been given since as gifts.

Perhaps it's a cost thing as a friend of mine was given this as a gift for her son & therefore didn't know how much it was & felt that it's a really lovely item, but as I paid £30 for it & comparing it to the sturdiness of equal value toys I was expecting a bit more.

BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty twice, 9 Jan. 2013
Been through 2 of these in 9 months. The first one just stopped working, wouldn't even turn on (although the light still worked) & as it had been a gift we didn't have the receipt. Up until then it had been a good monitor & did what we needed it to so we bought the same model again & the new one now won't charge.

As we now have 2 docks for it we leave 1 upstairs which over the last few nights it goes flat in (& yes it is all plugged in) so a faulty base & just now when I took it out of the downstairs base which it's been in all day it immediately started beeping to say low battery.

Husband has lost receipt so once again we can't return it...... Needless to say monitor purchase number 3 will not be a BT model.

Premier HousewaresWooden Storage Unit with 3 Maize Baskets - 63 x 40 x 32 cm - Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleased I didn't pay full price for it, 27 Oct. 2012
This is an ok item, it is wood but when I first pulled it out the box I thought it was melamine as it looked so cheap. The baskets are a kind of orangy colour, whereas on my monitor it looked more like it would be a varnished pine. I was looking for a small storage unit that wasn't plastic, so it does serve a purpose but had I not bought it at a reduced price (half off I think) then I definitely would have sent it back

Fudge Whiter Shade of Pale 150 ml
Fudge Whiter Shade of Pale 150 ml
Offered by Afro Hair Boutique

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 27 Oct. 2012
My hair is lightened & bleach hi-lighted professionally so that I can dye it unnatural colours, the parts that are lightened have now gone a gingery colour whereas initially they were ash blonde. I'd got this stuff in to mix with dye to make it pastel but thought I'd try it on the lightened parts of my hair to try & 'lift' it a bit before my next hair appointment. It did nothing, even though I left it on for longer than the recommended time. However my hair is not very porous & according to my colourist has a lot of natural warmth to it which is why the lightened parts go dark so quickly.

So in conclusion if you don't have porous hair or your hair undertone is warm I wouldn't bother with this product.

Baby - Toddler Unisex Trousers / Leggings - Owl on Treestump
Baby - Toddler Unisex Trousers / Leggings - Owl on Treestump

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 2 Oct. 2012
Really pleased with these, especially given the cheap price. They feel really soft & seem like they'll be comfortable, baby hasn't worn them yet as I am putting them away for Xmas. I note some other reviewers feel they are poor quality & aren't wearable for too long, but even if baby only gets a few wears of these I won't mind as they are so cheap & & it's impossible to find any other trousers that are these colourful & quirky without paying extortionate prices

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 2 Oct. 2012
My main reason for buying these is that my dog is stealth & can whip a sock off in a split second without the victim noticing..... obviously adults can fight back & a baby can't hence me buying these as I thought they might stop the dog from destroying all the babies socks. Well he can still pull them off, but it slows him down enough for me to stop him (usually). However what I've noticed over the past few days is that the baby has now taken to yanking his socks off & these are no match for his strength, so I'm still spending a vast portion of my day readjusting socks, except now I have the extra job of re-fitting the sock on as well as the sock.

Jelly Belly 15214 3d Jelly Bean Air Freshener - Blueberry
Jelly Belly 15214 3d Jelly Bean Air Freshener - Blueberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro smell, 2 Oct. 2012
Very pleased with this air freshener, I was worried that I wouldn't like it as I usually find synthetic scents sickly (faux vanilla especially gives me a headache), but this smelt exactly like blueberry hubba bubba which reminds me of childhood. I couldn't stop sniffing this when I got it out of the packaging, will definitely purchase again when the scent wears off.

Mamas & Papas - MAGIC Card & Toys Pack - Play Time Farm
Mamas & Papas - MAGIC Card & Toys Pack - Play Time Farm

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 2 Oct. 2012
I bought this as baby loved the 'music' pack that came with the galaxy mobile. This, in my opinion isn't as good. Unlike the 'music' pack that changes music when the buttons are pressed this has the same repetitive music, & what changes when the buttons are pressed or toys pulled is that it makes animal noises or the animal says something & then goes back to the repetitive music.

Very annoying when you're trying to get on with doing something & the same boring music is playing again & again. Baby doesn't seem as interested in it either & might press the buttons a couple of times but then stop, whereas with the 'music' pack he would jab away at the buttons for ages.

I'm wondering if he'll get into it more when he's older & understands what the 3 animals are, but it still doesn't do that much & I know as I've furiously jabbed away at all the buttons in a bid to try & make it more interesting for me to listen to!

Munchkin Soft-Tip Infant Spoon - 6 Pack
Munchkin Soft-Tip Infant Spoon - 6 Pack
Offered by Home & Nursery

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Oct. 2012
These are the best spoons I've found, been using these since baby was 4 months old. Nice flexible tip, good length for parent to hold, the spoon is quite deep so you can get a decent amount of food on which doesn't splurge out as baby shuts his mouth/waggles his tongue on it

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7