Profile for gr4mat > Reviews

Little Acorn 12Megapixel Trail Camera With MMS, e-mail & LED Night Vision
Offered by We Cost Less
Price: 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eats humble pie on previous rash feed back, 8 Nov 2011
OK, initially I was not impressed, I left seriously bad feedback, however i will deal with this company again. As a result of the excellent customer service and an over bearing willingness to assist. My issue has turned out to be a dodgy micro SD and adapter.
If you want a nice sneaky cam I'd get the little accorn, from Alex at GLI.

Update as at 10/11/11.

New points to note:
1. The sim I bought for this cam needs gentle handling when inserting into the sim slot in the camera ie 0'5 mil may just cause the cam to say SIM in red which means the sim may not be sitting correctly on the cam sim reader, I have fixed this now, by making sure the sim reader pins actually sit in the correct pads of the sim card. {it may not work for everyone but when you insert the sim make sure the sim is fully forward from the rear of the holder].
2. The auto MMS APN choice as it says in the manual, [check the info], for me was no working so I went on line and found by manually inputing the MMS settings, for the supplier of the SIM card works much better.

Now I have a brilliant bit of kit as I have set it up to send to two mobiles [of a possible 3] and one of a possible three emails.

Even my contract sim was happy to send MMS and mail, with the correct set up. T-Mobile is mine and the settings are free on the website as are others if you search for them.
At this moment depending on my MMS requirements I will soon have to up the credit on the SIM installed in the cam, but I set it to hammer me with MMS until it hits the limit I have set.
So far brilliant. Money well spent as you can use this cam for anything as you can not see any glow from the LEDs when it activates and get the pics globally, it you are ok roaming.
One last point I find best results are to set you phone for 2G.
Little Acorn Trail Camera Ltl-5211A With Blue 940nm Invisible LED Night Vision, improved 2 minute videos, realistic colour case and 6 quick shotRegards
G

Black Leather Flip Case Xylo-Cover for the Motorola Defy Mobile Phone.
Black Leather Flip Case Xylo-Cover for the Motorola Defy Mobile Phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not yet recieved, 26 Sep 2011
Possibly my most important purchase for my new phone, ordered same time as my phone, phone from Amazon, less than 48 hours to delivery address. Starting thing if you want reliable delivery buy from Amazon they never let you down really. Some third parties fail as in the leather case delivery. Not mentioning any unreliable company names !!

Marches Of The Royal Airforce
Marches Of The Royal Airforce
Price: 9.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 26 Sep 2011
its ok but have more music to my particular liking for a lot less cost. OK more words its mediocre! The best one is reach for the skies thats excellent.Reach For The Skies

Hahnel Triad 60 Lite Professional Aluminium Alloy 4-Section Tripod with 3 Way Fluid-Damped Pan Head and Free Carrying Case
Price: 53.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compact Cam Tripod at a good price, 28 July 2011
Brilliant as a stable light weight mobile easy to use platform for my requirements. Easy adjustment of the legs and 3 way pan head for levelling and stability, not to forget the quick release. I use this in the north east of Scotland at the moment, and the easy fast adjustment of the legs in most terrain is in valuable if you catch a strong gust of wind. Important and great quality for the enthusiast.
Good kit, compliments my Land Rover perfectly.
Not even noticed when strapped to a day or rucksack, quality zipped cover too, what more can I say!

Pixel RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Remote with DC2 Type Terminal for Nikon DSLRs
Pixel RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Remote with DC2 Type Terminal for Nikon DSLRs
Price: 23.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Hands free, 28 July 2011
Great kit for a very good price, I wanted a remote shutter release that did not require me to be within 3m of camera and IR types tend to require certain angles normally in front of the camera IR sensor pointless!

Pixel Pro Digital Camera 100M Wireless Shutter Remote Control Release for Nikon D90, D5000, D3100 and D7000

Pros- works extremely well
Cons- No AVI enable and once remote enabled reaching for the trigger in a pocket can leave you with lots of pics to delete.

Overall great device no more hand waving to release the shutter.