Profile for Rob Dylan > Reviews

Content by Rob Dylan

Rob Dylan "Rob Dylan Rodway" (ENGLAND)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Songs For A Tailor
Songs For A Tailor
Price: 7.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 4 July 2007
This review is from: Songs For A Tailor (Audio CD)
I remember when this album came out in vinyl many years ago after Jack Bruce left Cream. Being a big fan of the supergroup and alot younger then, I wasn't sure when I first heard it, however, having matured and broadened my musical outlook, I love it now. Jack's jazz influence is clear and there is a certain bluesy feel to it as well.

The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble
The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble
Price: 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!, 4 July 2007
This is a superb collection from the late Texas Genius. Buy this album if you like guitar brilliance, when you hear it you seriously wonder if there was anyone better.

Grinder Man Blues
Grinder Man Blues
Price: 7.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Blues!, 3 July 2007
This review is from: Grinder Man Blues (Audio CD)
This is great value and a good introduction to Memphis Slim. Pure Blues, great vocals and some superb piano playing the sound quality is excellent!

The Best Of
The Best Of
Price: 5.55

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 3 July 2007
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
To call this cd "The Best Of B.B. King would be misleading. To call it "The VERY Best of B.B. King is a joke! There is just nothing to it, in fact it is quite cheesey! I strongly urge people not to buy this and instead pay the extra and purchase "His Difinitive Greatest Hits" which is brilliant. Fortunately I purchased that first and this was a sad let down to say the least. If I had purchased this first I would not have even contemplated buying "His Difinitive Greatest Hits." The difference between the two is immense!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2010 9:46 AM GMT

His Definitive  Greatest Hits
His Definitive Greatest Hits
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best., 3 July 2007
This is simply the best value BB King cd on the market. Brilliant!

The Best of Albert King
The Best of Albert King

5.0 out of 5 stars Class!, 2 July 2007
This review is from: The Best of Albert King (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant album and the sound quality is far superior to "King Of The Blues Guitar", there are some superb guitar solos too. Sheer class!

At Fillmore East
At Fillmore East
Price: 6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars Plus!, 2 July 2007
This review is from: At Fillmore East (Audio CD)
I would give this more stars if I could. Absolutely brilliant, I honestly don't know what else I can add, the other reviewers have been so comprehensive. Just buy it, even if only to hear the superb guitar work of Duane Allman and Dickey Betts although it is unfair to single out any of the wonderful musicians in the band. Fantastic!!!

The Anthology
The Anthology
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 14.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Bobby Blue Bland!, 2 July 2007
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
Bobby Blue Bland is rightly accalaimed as one of the greatest ever blues singers and this album clearly demonstrates why. If you are only going to purchase one album by Bobby Bland then I urge you to buy this one. All the songs are great with superb vocal range. My favourite is his version of "Stormy Monday Blues" which I put in the same category as the T Bone Walker version. Brilliant!

The Ultimate Chuck Berry
The Ultimate Chuck Berry
Price: 6.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best., 1 July 2007
I can only reiterate the previous review. I own alot of Chuck Berry cds and this is without a shadow of a doubt the best of the lot. If you are a Chuck Berry fan, as I am and have not already purchased this superb box set, I urge you to buy it now! It has the best sound quality of any of his cds.

Original Source (4CD)
Original Source (4CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB COLLECTION!!, 1 July 2007
This review is from: Original Source (4CD) (Audio CD)
T Bone walker was the originator of the Electric Blues Guitar and inspired such greats as B.B King. This in my opinion is the most comprehensive collection of the Texas Blues Maestro. Buy this set and you will have no regrets I promise you. The sound quality is superb too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9