Profile for Paul R. Norton > Reviews

Content by Paul R. Norton

Paul R. Norton "cutsey-cuddly" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
HSINI Original 8 x Universal Capacitive Stylus Pen for ipad 1 & 2, iPhone 4, HTC, Tablet pc, Asus Tablets, Advent, Samsung Galaxy, Mobile Phones, PC, Blackberry Playbook & Phones, Android and all other Capacitive Screens Devices - Universal Stylus Touchscreen pen - Assorted Colours

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly average produce, below average delivery, 28 Nov. 2012
I waited over 5 weeks for delivery of these items by which time I'd purchased and received a really lovely set of two soft-tipped micromesh styli which I'm now using and are absolutely perfect.

To say that I was unhappy about the delivery time would be a MASSIVE understatement. And when I eventually received the product the pens were so flimsy and unresponsive compared to the more expensive micromesh pens that I just bundled the whole set of 8 in a bottom drawer.

If you really feel a desperate urge to purchase this item, just be aware that you'll need a lot of patience waiting for them to reach you from Hong Kong.

Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 (PC)
Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awful, 11 July 2012
I suppose you get what you pay for and what I got was a £18.00 piece of rubbish. I have made one attempt at putting a movie together. Playback stutters interminably to the point where further editing is impossible. The first time I tried to reopen the project, the program informed me that it had lost some of its components and couldn't open the project properly.

Now the program won't even open at all. The welcome screen just stays stuck on my screen and I have to resort to task manager to get rid of it. Then, mysteriously, the program starts.

Sorry MAGIX, but your product is rubbish and I'm probably going to make do with the free Windows Video Editor that comes with Windows 7 which doesn't have as many features but at least it works when I want it to.

DO NOT BUY!

Kinect Sports: Season 2 - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Kinect Sports: Season 2 - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - and plenty to keep you occupied, 21 May 2012
When the kinect came out I thought it was only a matter of time before there was a decent golf simulation. EA have just brought out Tiger Woods 2013 which has a Kinect aspect to it. I downloaded the XBox demo and gave it a whirl. Oh dear, really not very good - especially the fact that you have to stand sideways to the screen to take your shots.

Kinect Sports wins hands-down!!! The golf game is really very good and decently responsive to your movements. The voice commands are good, allowing you to take practice swings and change clubs with ease. In championship mode the game and the competition is adequately tough and the graphics are quite lovely.

PLUS - you also get a great range of other sports, including downhill skiing, baseball, American Football and, most impressively, darts. The latter may not be the most energetic of games, but the delicacy and accuracy are amazing - really like playing a proper game of darts.

The other thing I particularly like about this second season is that the game automatically tracks the calories burned as you play. My last round of golf used up around 50 cals!

EA should have taken more note of Microsoft's golf physics before bringing out its latest release. Kinect Sports is way better - sorry Tiger!

TuneUp Utilities 2012, 3 User License (PC)
TuneUp Utilities 2012, 3 User License (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive suite of tune-up utilities, 11 May 2012
This is a great product! It takes a while to install, but be patient - it's well worth it. Once installed I had the utility do a thorough maintenance and performance check. This took a long time (obviously it was past time to do this with my laptop). After a couple of reboots my laptop was running like it just came out of the box. Amazing!

The one-click tune-up is a really nice extra, and for those with the tech-savvy there's a comprehensive tabbed dialogue box that will fine-tune just about everything you need to get your PC/laptop back up to speed and efficiency.

I'd recommend this product to anyone who is frustrated with the sluggishness of their machine (as I was). Go get it!

Totes Natural Plain and Stripe Rib Twin Pack Men's Socks Grey One Size
Totes Natural Plain and Stripe Rib Twin Pack Men's Socks Grey One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 April 2012
These socks are great quality, soft and warm with that excellent grip-sole. The slippers I've been wearing for years have finally had their day, and these are a worthy replacement.

Simpli-Special Kenilworth Estate Ceylon Luxury Loose Leaf Tea 100g
Simpli-Special Kenilworth Estate Ceylon Luxury Loose Leaf Tea 100g
Offered by Simpli-Special

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting..., 28 April 2012
Top-shelf tea, well packaged and arrived quickly - the Kenilworth Estate Ceylon tea has an interesting taste - very slightly acidic on my tongue, but wholesome and lives up to the 'luxury' tag.

MAINS CHARGER FOR ACER LIQUID MT BY CELLAPOD CHARGERS
MAINS CHARGER FOR ACER LIQUID MT BY CELLAPOD CHARGERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and dependable, 28 April 2012
Does what it says on the tin - and for a very affordable price. The item is well-built and reliable. In fact, it's so good I bought another one so my wife can recharge her mobile at work.

Sid Meier's Pirates! (PC DVD)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (PC DVD)
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars You can almost smell the pitch!, 10 April 2012
Pirates! is a great game and, despite it's comic-book graphics style, really launches you into the world of pirating during the latter half of the 17th century in the Carribean and Spanish Main. The ships are beautifully detailed and each responds differently to the elements. The game-play is absorbing and you'll find that hours will have gone by without you hardly noticing. All the elements of a good pirate movie are here: Sea-battles, buried treasure, famous pirates to fight and defeat, various ports of call representing four nations, you even get to put on your boogie shoes and take the governer's daughter dancing. Fragments of maps, fortunes to be made, land to acquire and, to cap it all, a whole family to find and recover.

So get that parrot on your shoulder, sand down your wooden leg, adjust the eye-patch and don your tri-corn hat. Avast me mateys! Splice the main-brace and set sail to fortune and glory!

Treat Your Own Knees: Simple Exercises to Build Strength, Flexibility, Responsiveness and Endurance
by Jim Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense prevails - and effective regimen, 8 April 2012
I've been on the exercise schedule detailed in this lovely little book for about a week now, and I can already feel all the supporting muscles around my knee getting stronger and more supple. Everything in this book makes complete sense, is well backed up with documented research and, most importantly - it works! I'm going to stick with the programme and keep up with the routine for 8 weeks as suggested. After that, I'm confident that my nagging knee pain will be gone and I'll be able to start my fitness routine again.

Absolutely recommended.

Edimax EW-7711USN Wireless nLite High Gain USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7711USN Wireless nLite High Gain USB Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars No difference whatsoever, 6 April 2012
Short review: It doesn't work.

I followed all the instructions, loaded the software, connected the ariel, inputted my WI-FI HEX key etc. Then I took my laptop back to my bedroom where the signal had been low (1 or 2 bars), full of expectation. Immediately the signal went down from the 5 bars in my living room to the same old 2 bars.

What's more, the utilities window wouldn't boot up. And my laptop was constantly asking me to shut down and restart.

So actually using this rotten little device made life more difficult, not easier.

I've uninstalled, it's going in the bin, and I will never buy anything from this company again.

Boy, there's a lot of rubbish on Amazon these days.

Short end review: Don't buy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6